IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

So am I right in thinking that as we have now signed O'Donnell permanently,  that, that frees up one loan space……………so we could sign a striker (Cue……Manic,  Delirious, Laughter!!!)  for that One loan space?  I Know it's too crazy and out there to even contemplate………..but we could in theory kidnap, abduct, carry off, seize, capture, snatch or take hostage a striker on loan?

yes

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

That's the sad thing....no one is.

The fact we didn't strengthen properly in the summer is bad enough. To let another transfer window pass without addressing all our issues, is just laughable.

Said it before, and I will say it again...if we go down this year, it's exactly what the board deserve 

If we go down again after screwing up yet again following a successful campaign I will seriously consider losing interest in the football league if we can't seriously complete.

That's the sad thing....no one is.

The fact we didn't strengthen properly in the summer is bad enough. To let another transfer window pass without addressing all our issues, is just laughable.

Said it before, and I will say it again...if we go down this year, it's exactly what the board deserve 

May never have a better chance to build on than what we had last season. Small squad on a reasonable wage, just walked the league with a young talented squad that all it needed was to add a little bit of quality and depth and that would've in my opinion stayed up comfortably. Now we've turned ourself a into a laughing stock that manager or players don't want to commit to. I just hope the players have it in them now to keep us up as I can't fault any of them for there efforts this season 

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So am I right in thinking that as we have now signed O'Donnell permanently,  that, that frees up one loan space……………so we could sign a striker (Cue……Manic,  Delirious, Laughter!!!)  for that One loan space?  I Know it's too crazy and out there to even contemplate………..but we could in theory kidnap, abduct, carry off, seize, capture, snatch or take hostage a striker on loan?

Fingers crossed Korey and Marlon don't get injured

Some seriously honest and correct posts above. Our club have made this very difficult for ourselves. I hope those blinded happy clappers are right come May time. Very bleak in my opinion. Needed 2 strikers, a midfielder who gets passed the front men and/or an experienced head. Needed it all season. Hopefully Tomlin fills one if those roles. 

Clearly it seems everyone was trying hard to bring in a player or two today. However, if everyone wants us just to 'throw money at it', is it better to;

-  pay well over the odds for a player like Dack, on lets say a three year contract, because we need them now?

-  pay over the odds for a good striker who does a job on loan for six months, keeps us up, and then we can have a proper summer?

Disappointed as any it did not work out today, but it came down to taking risks on forwards who had little better pedigree than Agard. Rather than pay an extra million or two for the likes of Dack, we could pay £50k a week on a loan until the end of the season, and still be in pocket, if the only objective right now is staying up. If all the deals we had done this window had happened today, we would have said that was 'fair to middling'. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Clearly it seems everyone was trying hard to bring in a player or two today. However, if everyone wants us just to 'throw money at it', is it better to;

-  pay well over the odds for a player like Dack, on lets say a three year contract, because we need them now?

-  pay over the odds for a good striker who does a job on loan for six months, keeps us up, and then we can have a proper summer?

Disappointed as any it did not work out today, but it came down to taking risks on forwards who had little better pedigree than Agard. Rather than pay an extra million or two for the likes of Dack, we could pay £50k a week on a loan until the end of the season, and still be in pocket, if the only objective right now is staying up. If all the deals we had done this window had happened today, we would have said that was 'fair to middling'. 

You make it sound like we have only just realised we need a striker?

This position should have been addressed weeks ago. The fact it hasn't is pure negligence

1 minute ago, Port Pete said:

Pearce, Gladwin & Tomlin all not match fit. Gladwin was benched over Reid. 

Of course there's negativity. We haven't signed a forward and we don't score enough goals. Goals win games. Have many forgot this? 

We can still loan a striker. Have many forgot this?

You make it sound like we have only just realised we need a striker?

This position should have been addressed weeks ago. The fact it hasn't is pure negligence

What one of our rivals has signed a 'proven championship striker', unless we are counting Middlesborough?

Let the laughing begin......

lpgas Avatar
The Teds favourite son "JET" has gone out on loan from QPR to............................wait for it.......................................MK Dons !! Made I laugh

I saw that. He will score on the last day of the season that will send city down and keep Franchise up. Bound to happen. 

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Five signings in January and still everyone bloody moans

O'Donnell - needed and looks a decent signing.

Golbourne - again needed and gives us balance

Pearce - not needed as wont get picked ahead of Flint and Baker and we have Williams as cover of needed

Gladwin - Bobby Reid got picked over him Saturday!

Tomlin - most exciting signing but questions over temperament and fitness

Vitally missing cover/quality in midfield and another goal scorer so no not very happy with the transfer window!

I wonder what our new C.O.O. will have to say? Given that he said players were more urgently needed rather than a new manager.

Okay we have brought some good additions in, but the key position which requires strengthening remains the same.

Oh well on to a search for a loan striker to support our lone striker!

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Let the laughing begin......

lpgas Avatar
The Teds favourite son "JET" has gone out on loan from QPR to............................wait for it.......................................MK Dons !! Made I laugh

I saw that. He will score on the last day of the season that will send city down and keep Franchise up. Bound to happen. 

I will now have this recurring nightmare..."Jet on the ball...plays through Maynard who only has the keeper to beat..."

Archived