IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Ah, Yes!     I know you now, I would phone in, but I can only go by what  the commentator says on RB and the cost would be amazing.  Perhaps Geoff could phone me!

You'll have to email/tweet Geoff ETR and tell him you're from Pill and that the new dialling code is particularly long, but not to let that put him off.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate, I understand everyone's frustrations, but we ain't looking like an attractive proposition to any player at the moment! Need to stay calm and realistic...

True. I think it's a miracle we got Tomlin and Gladwin and the O'Donnell permanent signing makes me feel a lot happier about our defence. 

Pembo has to tinker with what we've got and then I hope as well as stopping the goal leakage we can start scoring again. Like to see Freeman on the left, Burns on the right and tomlin in the hole feeding the Codger.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate, I understand everyone's frustrations, but we ain't looking like an attractive proposition to any player at the moment! Need to stay calm and realistic...

We need two strikers to stand any chance of staying up. One needs to be a definate starter, the other first team squad. Tom Nichols from Exeter would have fitted the squad player perfectly. Pitman-like and in-form finisher. Avalilable on our doorstep, yet we ***** around in France buying 'development players'. 

No doubt Peterborough picked him up for comparative peanuts and will be looking at a handsome profit in months/years to come, as they've done on many,many previous occasions with their strikers.

I'm sure some passengers on the Titanic remained calm but it didn't stop the ship sinking.

3 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Time to loosen the purse strings. no sense in being proud at this stage.

I think it has to be "how much is enough" if the answer is anything around £3m then you've got to do it. If that is THE player we've spent a month chasing why lose him for what is peanuts to SL. Can't see it happening though.

3 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

I think it has to be "how much is enough" if the answer is anything around £3m then you've got to do it. If that is THE player we've spent a month chasing why lose him for what is peanuts to SL. Can't see it happening though.

Poo or bust now I'm afraid. Either need to make it £3m or forget it and get the next target (if there is one). The clock is ticking.

The alternative is to go back in for a better offer on Gilbey/Dack, hope and pray that we can start scoring on Saturday, and get a striker in as soon as the loan window opens. There's bound to be a few strikers that don't get moves today and are going to be desperate to get a move for some game time.

8 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Exactly, we had at least 9 million in the budget this season(for the right player). Now I don't think dack is worth anywhere near that, but we haven't exactly broken the bank this season and if they really believe he could be the difference in staying up then an extra million should be spent

15 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Time to loosen the purse strings. no sense in being proud at this stage.

Funny old game football. We could have had 4 Dacks and a ferret for what we offered on Gray and Gayle.

Do you not think that two million quid for a league one player with no championship experience is 'loose enough' - given that arguably the best player from League One last season (Freeman) has, it's fair to say, divided opinion on his progress in a higher league?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you not think that two million quid for a league one player with no championship experience is 'loose enough' - given that arguably the best player from League One last season (Freeman) has, it's fair to say, divided opinion on his progress in a higher league?

But on the other hand, the other player of the season is doing ok in the prem with spurs

Archived