IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Why ?

Nichols went to a league one club - there were no championship clubs interested for a reason.

Wiggins couldn't get a game.

Why should we be interested ? Or at least looked and decided no thanks.

Or is it a case of just sign anyone to keep the vase minority of fans happy ?

Not at all. It isn't to appease anyone. They are both rated and whilst they may not have done anything this season, 500k is F all in this market. Without a couple of decent players I.e. A Striker and a DM, we will may continue to struggle. If we go down, that becomes screwed business. If we stay up then they become useful, why not have them here anyway at that price. Sometimes we need to be bloody P'boro and make our own funds. Trust me, they will leave for more than they were bought in for. They are decent players. The same could be said about Dack, Roofe, Bradshaw and Smith! We bid 9m for two different strikers this season. I reckon for not much more we could get all four. Smith knows us and the other three should want to step up to the championship.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yaya Sanogo signed on loan at Charlton. I know he was a bit of a joke at Arsenal but could be a great signing in this league.

Could be the difference between us and them at the end of the season!

He would easily get into our team.

1 hour ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Check out @AndyStockhausen's Tweet:

:facepalm:

Does he not have a point tho even if his term is a bit crappy. We've brought in a decent selection of players that I'd suggest most would agree will improve our small squad yet some (not directing this at anyone in particular) are moaning and complaining about the business carried out.

Yes in an ideal world we'd sign someone who will come in and score 20 goals but every club will be looking for that type of player. 

People keep quoting SL's worth and an extra 1m would be peanuts but he's still a business man and if he over pays for 1 player then that'll happen for the next and the next and before we know it we'll be paying 10m for every player we try sign. As much as I'd love us to get some of these players people on here are suggesting we need to be realistic enough to accept that we cannot get everyone! 

It amazes me how many people are willing to spend someone else's money like it's a computer game. 

Yes we probably need to spend a bit over the odds because clubs know we are pretty desperate but I would like to think that our owner is smart enough not to chuck money around like confetti. 

1 minute ago, arrytheb said:

Does he not have a point tho even if his term is a bit crappy. We've brought in a decent selection of players that I'd suggest most would agree will improve our small squad yet some (not directing this at anyone in particular) are moaning and complaining about the business carried out.

Yes in an ideal world we'd sign someone who will come in and score 20 goals but every club will be looking for that type of player. 

People keep quoting SL's worth and an extra 1m would be peanuts but he's still a business man and if he over pays for 1 player then that'll happen for the next and the next and before we know it we'll be paying 10m for every player we try sign. As much as I'd love us to get some of these players people on here are suggesting we need to be realistic enough to accept that we cannot get everyone! 

It amazes me how many people are willing to spend someone else's money like it's a computer game. 

Yes we probably need to spend a bit over the odds because clubs know we are pretty desperate but I would like to think that our owner is smart enough not to chuck money around like confetti. 

I think the problem is that we haven't actually strengthened OUR squad. We are strengthening others. Loan players may save us, they may not but either way, they go back to where they came from. On a good day we sign one or two because of the loan. Not guaranteed though and we should be buying players for now, not helping others to rediscover form or to get them fit. That is the heart of the problem in my opinion. We bring them in on deals and I would hazard a guess that we would all be happier.

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Deadline day is a f...in nightmare.

Its like Christmas day when your a kid and you race down the stairs at 5.30am look under the tree and there is nothing for you!!!

Ok I did always have something under the tree!!!

Maybe it's more like waiting for a phone call from that girl?

Of course that was the problem, you were supposed to call her!

5 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I think the problem is that we haven't actually strengthened OUR squad. We are strengthening others. Loan players may save us, they may not but either way, they go back to where they came from. On a good day we sign one or two because of the loan. Not guaranteed though and we should be buying players for now, not helping others to rediscover form or to get them fit. That is the heart of the problem in my opinion. We bring them in on deals and I would hazard a guess that we would all be happier.

But I think it's clear that for whatever reason we have struggled to get players in all season and loans deals in our situation can be looked at as low risk. Loans are not always ideal but needs must right now. I'm pretty sure the powers that be at Ashton Gate are trying their best to get players in but it's not as if we are that much of an attractive option for players that we can just pick and choose. It's almost as if some people just want to knock the club no matter what they do.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Deadline day is a f...in nightmare.

Its like Christmas day when your a kid and you race down the stairs at 5.30am look under the tree and there is nothing for you!!!

Ok I did always have something under the tree!!!

Maybe it's more like waiting for a phone call from that girl?

What sort of Doris calls you at 5.30am on Christmas day!

Archived