IGNORED

Terrible Lack of Respect

Dynamite Red

38 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

lack of respect is giving professionals 1-5 mins off the bench to try and alter a match

If I was Reid I'd be handing in a transfer request, if I was Cox I'd be furious

Unfortunately there is resonatiion here. I could not care less about Cox, but Burns must have had enough. 

Sticking with a winning team you can see, but sticking with this is the definition of madness. 

We all know our options can be considered limited, but that will not change if you don't get game time. I am very much in the SC camp, but I am now tired, I didn't even bother to listen, knowing full well we would be hammered. Got my ticket for Satdee and dreading it!

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Maybe it's time to split this forum into the 2 factions that clearly exist :

www.ot.co.uk for the disillusioned      and

www.ib.co.uk for the happy clappers ?

Or maybe those who can just be civil and not resort to petty jibes or insults, whether you for or against, respect costs nothing, lost on to many on here, what a shame.

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Or maybe those who can just be civil and not resort to petty jibes or insults, whether you for or against, respect costs nothing, lost on to many on here, what a shame.

Sentence makes no sense. those who can be civil and not resort to petty jibes can what ?

Reid has been better than Freeman in the little time he's had. I've seen Cox for about 15 minutes and he assisted Kodjia albeit at the end of a drubbing by Fulham. I don't know how you can see either aren't good enough when others in the same position haven't been good enough. 

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want Cotterill to succeed but he cannot be unaccountable for the mess we are in. Yes the summer transfer activity was poor but he also let the likes of Cunningham go who would be an idea left back in a 4-4-2. He's likely to be PNEs player of the year. What happened with Fredericks? Nobody seems to have asked.

We have then loaned in Baker, Moore, Robinson, Bennett and Cox. Two of those have had a positive effect on the team. The other 3 have sat on the bench. What the **** is the point of that?  

The lack of making a sub before the game is lost or three points thrown away is the most infuriating. We have these loan players, we have people who can make an impact like Bryan did against QPR. So for god sake use them Steve, rather than churning out the same bullshit excuses week in week out. 

We are getting lots of reports about this thread, and only this thread (at least you've manged to keep  all the abuse together, so thanks for that).

so we have a choice, close the thread and put people on mod preview or you can take a step back and not contribute or you can try to make amends.

yes we are all frustrated and unhappy at different levels. The club we love is in a bad place at the moment, any where between a sticky patch to terminal decline judging by posts and feelings on here at the moment. I think it's great we can have an opinion, but there really is no need to tear into eachother over a few words on a forum is there, is there???

51 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Neither players are good enough in my opinion but there to fill the bench due to the lack of players signed in the summer.

Whether you disagree with him or want him out, let's try and be respectful of what he has achieved at this club and not resort to some of the bollocks being posted here. I am on the fence but unless we can recruit better then I will back him and the team to the hilt, some on here can't wait to stick the knife in.

So Pack, Freeman and Wilbs would definitely played so much more than Ayling in Packsposition, Santa instead of Freeman and Wilbs who was completely knackered after 10 mins, why oh why not scare the shit out of teams with pace and and outlet in using Bobby Reid.

Not sure if you were there today but it was soulless and spineless.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

So Pack, Freeman and Wilbs would definitely played so much more than Ayling in Packsposition, Santa instead of Freeman and Wilbs who was completely knackered after 10 mins, why oh why not scare the shit out of teams with pace and and outlet in using Bobby Reid.

Not sure if you were there today but it was soulless and spineless.

Santa? !

Not sure I'm getting your banter,  old chap...

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

We are getting lots of reports about this thread, and only this thread (at least you've manged to keep it all together, so thanks for that).

so we have a choice, close the thread and put people on mod preview or you can take a step back and not contribute or you can try to make amends.

yes we are all frustrated and unhappy at different levels. The club we love is in a bad place at the moment, any where between a sticky patch to terminal decline judging by posts and feelings on here at the moment. I think it's great we can have an opinion, but there really is no need to tear into eachother over a few words on a forum is there, is there???

Apologies if I've caused offence, Highly pee'd of about this whole season, the summer transfer debacle and Cotts excuses and dam right poor management.. 

I'm done lads, enjoy your weekends..

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want Cotterill to succeed but he cannot be unaccountable for the mess we are in. Yes the summer transfer activity was poor but he also let the likes of Cunningham go who would be an idea left back in a 4-4-2. He's likely to be PNEs player of the year. What happened with Fredericks? Nobody seems to have asked.

We have then loaned in Baker, Moore, Robinson, Bennett and Cox. Two of those have had a positive effect on the team. The other 3 have sat on the bench. What the **** is the point of that?  

The lack of making a sub before the game is lost or three points thrown away is the most infuriating. We have these loan players, we have people who can make an impact like Bryan did against QPR. So for god sake use them Steve, rather than churning out the same bullshit excuses week in week out. 

I agree, like I said it's not a Cotts in out thread more about some of the remarks made about him. Just think he deserves a little more respect for what he has achieved. I am far from a happy clapper but no point hitting the panic button unless we have someone better lined up.

29 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Who asked you, you ******* cock... Happy clapping****!!!

Push the button babs, I'm done with this shit!!!

No problem your wish is my command

I don't understand the Cox thing. It seems it's been said by SC that Cox is fat and unfit - why is he here then? Who sanctioned his transfer? Surely we had an idea as to his condition? Things like that, waste on wages and no impact on the squad, are absolutely baffling and questions need to be asked about this. Was it SC's decision? Keith Burt? What's going on?

Add to that Fredricks, Hamer, Robinson.. We've had more problematic transfer activity with individual players (4 negative; Cox, Robinson, Hamer, Fredricks) than successful (3 positive; Kodjia, Baker, Bennett) this summer and that is appalling.

(I'm discounting Moore as I feel we've been unlucky with his injury timing - call him a neutral impact)

No one is above criticism and I feel in the main, people do show respect and decorum. Obviously tensions run high after a game but things aren't too bad.

Wastage like that though, for me, is unacceptable and I hope there's a full inquest about this at the club, we simply can't waste transfers like that.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't understand the Cox thing. It seems it's been said by SC that Cox is fat and unfit - why is he here then? Who sanctioned his transfer? Surely we had an idea as to his condition? Things like that, waste on wages and no impact on the squad, are absolutely baffling and questions need to be asked about this. Was it SC's decision? Keith Burt? What's going on?

Add to that Fredricks, Hamer, Robinson.. We've had more problematic transfer activity with individual players (4 negative; Cox, Robinson, Hamer, Fredricks) than successful (3 positive; Kodjia, Baker, Bennett) this summer and that is appalling.

(I'm discounting Moore as I feel we've been unlucky with his injury timing - call him a neutral impact)

No one is above criticism and I feel in the main, people do show respect and decorum. Obviously tensions run high after a game but things aren't too bad.

Wastage like that though, for me, is unacceptable and I hope there's a full inquest about this at the club, we simply can't waste transfers like that.

Well put. If it was not SC's decision he should be gone (for having no balls and allowing someone else to bring in players). If it was his decision, he should be gone for bringing in players and not using them.

I mean - how many dud's can one guy bring in ?

No lack of respect from me towards Cotterill but when I see other managers change things during the game, either by formation or the use of subs which has an effect, I get very worried and frustrated that we cannot/will not do the same.

I wish Cotterill would use his subs, try every trick in the book, learn new tricks (you are never too old) and then once he has done all that then see what happens. At the moment he isn't using all the options available to him and that's poor management. Ok the bench players might not be great, but they might be if given a chance. What a waste of time and money for the loan players. 

Ruddy hell, I am stubborn, I really am. But Cotterill can out do me and that's saying something.

Tom and RedM have outlined my thoughts on Cotts during games so I won't duplicate that. 

I respect Cotts for getting us back out of League One with a squad he reshaped and built himself. I respect him for playing exciting football in doing so. I respect him most for forcing me to change from my initial reaction to his appointment to actually liking the guy. 

But that means nothing if HIS management takes us back down. 

We have a small squad. I would guess at least one third would look at moving on if we drop. So therefore we are back with a rebuilding job as per when he joined us. 

With a massive half empty stadium. 

That is not acceptable and it is the consequence of inaction that makes me frustrated with Cotts and either he needs to properly sort out the squad in Jan (remember Cox, Bennett & Moore all go from Jan 3rd!) or let someone else. 

I would have a lot more respect for Cotterill if he didn't come out with the same old rubbish after each poor result.

The reality is that much like his beloved Freeman, League 1 appears to be his natural level & now he appears clueless against better opposition. He is not a proactive manager & that is just compounding the situation.

So Steve I would have a lot more respect for you if you came out with the truth & also showed some evidence of being a manager who can change things & have a plan B. Crikey I remember GJ playing 3 formations in 1 match & making a substitution after 20 minutes as he could see it wasn't working. But "Mr Stubborn" just wants to out score the opposition with a team that cannot seem to score from open play. 

When I see that you have learnt some lessons from what has happened so far this season then my respect might return. But right now on the evidence of the last 24 matches, I find it very hard to believe that you can keep us in this division. I would love you to prove me wrong laying open attractive football but that seems an ever more distant likelihood!

Jose won the Premiership last year, he got sacked.

We have less points now, than we did the last time we were in the Championship after 24 games, McInnes was sacked iearly in January, we were relegated.

Since the end of last season, we seem to believe our solutions are just around the corner, hopefully this time they are.

Our manager has repeatedly told us that he is getting the maximum from this group of players, so we either need to appoint a manager who can get more from this group or sign some players that he believes in and trusts.

Some decisive action is required.

30 minutes ago, cynic said:

TBF, that rumour (as I understand it) was started by some bloke on the radio who said SC said it at the AGM (not that there has been an AGM as far as I know) after asking for the cameras to be turned off. Bloke wasn't even at the imaginary AGM, it was his son apparently.

Twentyman didn't believe him and gave him a chance to retract it but the bloke carried on with it as if it was 100% true.

Now, it may well be that Cox is overweight and unfit, I have no idea, but I wouldn't think that SC would be stupid enough to say it to a bunch of supporters.

IF Cox is overweight and unfit, then I'd agree that someone needs their arse kicked.

That's where I've got it from, a strange call really. Couldn't imagine SC ever saying something like that "off camera" 

I don't think there is an inordinate amount of disrespect knocking around for Cotterill. The sort of stuff being paraded is the usual stuff you'd get for any manager of any team who are struggling the way we currently are. 

There are a lot of people suggesting he should be given more leniency due to what he has achieved with us. Everyone I know is more than grateful to Cotterill for what he has given us in his 2 years here. But we do live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world these days, and I don't think we should continue applying large doses of sentiment to SC. Whatever he achieved last year is consigned to the history books. What matters now is what is happening now. Cotterill should be subject to the same criticism as any other manager who would be in this position now. No room for sentiment in football. 

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Terrible lack of respect for the hundreds or thousands that travel the country and have to endure pathetic performances and results.

Unfortunately someone has to win, lose or draw. We had plenty of good times last season. Time dig in and take it and come out fighting back.

31 minutes ago, MRSATAN said:

go away and see if you can see once youve pulled your head out the arse of the golden one

Another one who can't read a simple forum post. Where have I said I am a SC fan. Just asking for a modicum of respect for what he has done and not calling him a village idiot etc.. Clearly my values and respect are lost on a few. Forget it. Everyone's a**** is clearly order of the day.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Another one who can't read a simple forum post. Where have I said I am a SC fan. Just asking for a modicum of respect for what he has done and not calling him a village idiot etc.. Clearly my values and respect are lost on a few. Forget it. Everyone's a**** is clearly order of the day.

Are people really being disrespectful to Cotts, I've never insulted the man who's gave me and my son a great year last season. 

What i have done is called for his head because i don't think he's doing a great job

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't think there is an inordinate amount of disrespect knocking around for Cotterill. The sort of stuff being paraded is the usual stuff you'd get for any manager of any team who are struggling the way we currently are. 

There are a lot of people suggesting he should be given more leniency due to what he has achieved with us. Everyone I know is more than grateful to Cotterill for what he has given us in his 2 years here. But we do live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world these days, and I don't think we should continue applying large doses of sentiment to SC. Whatever he achieved last year is consigned to the history books. What matters now is what is happening now. Cotterill should be subject to the same criticism as any other manager who would be in this position now. No room for sentiment in football. 

SC has to work under the restraints put on him by his boss and the players we have here. If SC judges that players in reserve are no better than those already playing we should go with that as we don't work/see them everyday.

We need some more first team players on board no doubt, if the cost is to high then SC has to go with what we have, Changing managers would make no difference if we want to play with the big boys we have to PAY with the big boys, and that isn't down to our present manager our any future one. 

5 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Are people really being disrespectful to Cotts, I've never insulted the man who's gave me and my son a great year last season. 

What i have done is called for his head because i don't think he's doing a great job

I have no issue with people wanting him out but petty and idiotic remarks are unhelpful. Some of the crap on here is frankly a joke for a man who has done his best for us and for what ever reason has not got the players in the summer that he wanted.

Where the blame lies that is another issue but simply asking for a bit of respect for a man who saved us from relegation then got us promoted with a record tally and won the JPT deserves a bit more respect than some comments on here. 

Archived