IGNORED

Only one Steve Cotterill

allyolly

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know the opinions of 15,000 people?

Isn't it 42000 if we look at Wembley?!

Original post was based on the turnout at turf moor. Probably no more than 500 but at least those that can maybe have more valid opinions due to actually being there. 

Too much has been said about last years heroics so we need to move on from that. The fans are patient but that won't last. Cotts needs a run of five or six games undefeated to boost confidence and shh the boo boys, will this happen...I don't think so, I would love it if it did!!!

1 minute ago, allyolly said:

Isn't it 42000 if we look at Wembley?!

Original post was based on the turnout at turf moor. Probably no more than 500 but at least those that can maybe have more valid opinions due to actually being there. 

Our regular fans who attend home games number around 15,000. I was questioning the poster who said 'the vast majority of our fans are fully behind Cotterill' - I don't know how he/she can claim to know that, do you?

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Our regular fans who attend home games number around 15,000. I was questioning the poster who said 'the vast majority of our fans are fully behind Cotterill' - I don't know how he/she can claim to know that, do you?

There is a poll suggesting 75% would not want to see Cotts sacked before the transfer window. That coupled with the support today suggests a pretty resounding vote of confidence at present? 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

When we were 8-0 up against Walsall in May 2015, just about to pick up our first title in 60 years, who would of predicted how fickle some of our fan base would be a few months later?. 

Surely we all knew this season would be a real tough one, anyone with any nous would have realised it was a case of just staying in the Championship. Coming fourth from bottom is our aim this season, were one place away from it, so why not support the manager and the team and help them in getting there. It really is that simple.

Bill, cap is ROYALLY doffed, mate ! :yes:

(yes, we both know I am a royalist, and you aren't !)

Best post since...................... your last good one !

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

When we were 8-0 up against Walsall in May 2015, just about to pick up our first title in 60 years, who would of predicted how fickle some of our fan base would be a few months later?. 

Surely we all knew this season would be a real tough one, anyone with any nous would have realised it was a case of just staying in the Championship. Coming fourth from bottom is our aim this season, were one place away from it, so why not support the manager and the team and help them in getting there. It really is that simple.

Do you think the management, since that day, have done an effective job in building on the excellent foundations of last season, by developing the squad sufficiently to compete at this level, and made best use of the significant funds made available to them as evidenced by the bids for Gray and Gayle?

After such a magnificent season last year, was the limit of our ambition really to finish fourth from bottom this year? Were we all on here talking about finishing 21st back in June?

Having answered the above questions, do you not think the current frustration and criticism towards the management is entirely understandable? And is it really fair to call fans "fickle" because they might reasonably have expected more cohesive and effective preparation for a division you rightly describe as "tough", rather than the shambolic summer that followed, which destroyed all the momentum of our fabulous campaign last year?

I will support the manager and the team as you say, but it is nowhere near as simple as you have tried to make out.

I like Cotterill , am grateful to him for a dream season last year ( one of the very few in my life ! ) and he's not totally responsable for the transfer cock up .

He is , however , responsable for bringing in loan players and not using them , not substituting players who are clearly out on their feet and persisting with a formation which is attractive mostly to the opposition !

He is responsable for the mindset of our first team who he says are not good enough at this level and therefore are not to blame for the inévitable defeats that follow .

For me , Cotterill has not looked the same man since the beginning of the season for whatever reason , burn out , clash with the owner , No one really knows .

So regretfully i think we need a change even though there are No guarantees we desperately need an injection of energy into the club as we a dying a slow and painful death .

50 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I like Cotterill , am grateful to him for a dream season last year ( one of the very few in my life ! ) and he's not totally responsable for the transfer cock up .

He is , however , responsable for bringing in loan players and not using them , not substituting players who are clearly out on their feet and persisting with a formation which is attractive mostly to the opposition !

He is responsable for the mindset of our first team who he says are not good enough at this level and therefore are not to blame for the inévitable defeats that follow .

For me , Cotterill has not looked the same man since the beginning of the season for whatever reason , burn out , clash with the owner , No one really knows .

So regretfully i think we need a change even though there are No guarantees we desperately need an injection of energy into the club as we a dying a slow and painful death .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32383723

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/pelling-leaves-city-post-2681803.aspx

Who knows what happened…

These fans chanting that are the true reds who follow City home and away and know that changing the manager will not help.

I can not think of another manager who can get the players that we have playing any better so its either a total clear out (manager & players) or stick with what we have.

Its very easy to be critical after this latest defeat but I'm afraid like it or not Burnley & Bristol City  were two leagues & parachute payments apart last season and we are trying to compete with that and surprise surprise, it's not a level playing field.

Apart from his dogged substitutions I think Cotts is trying his level best to squeeze every ounce out of a painfully thin and understrength squad so we are still reaping the rewards of all that pre season inactivity.

Yes we were outplayed yesterday  and they ran out deserved winners but to get where we want to be we will have to endure more days like this.

With what players he has at his disposal I think he's working wonders and yes I clapped him at the end and I think he appreciated that and he deserves it.

It's very easy to support a winning team but if our support for him now and his appreciation in return in the face of a nother defeat inspires him on for us then I for one am 100% in favour of it.

Get behind the Manager and team.

COYR

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Its very easy to be critical after this latest defeat but I'm afraid like it or not Burnley & Bristol City  were two leagues & parachute payments apart last season and we are trying to compete with that and surprise surprise, it's not a level playing field.

Apart from his dogged substitutions I think Cotts is trying his level best to squeeze every ounce out of a painfully thin and understrength squad so we are still reaping the rewards of all that pre season inactivity.

Yes we were outplayed yesterday  and they ran out deserved winners but to get where we want to be we will have to endure more days like this.

With what players he has at his disposal I think he's working wonders and yes I clapped him at the end and I think he appreciated that and he deserves it.

It's very easy to support a winning team but if our support for him now and his appreciation in return in the face of a nother defeat inspires him on for us then I for one am 100% in favour of it.

COYR

:clap:Swede says "get behind the team, get behind the team" :bounce::banana:

1 hour ago, Swede said:

COYR

You could also say that about Hull, even Cardiff in regards to parachute payments but we competed and competed well. For me, that simply isn't an argument coupled with the fact that Brentford with possibly less resources than us finished in the playoffs in their first season and are competing well in 8th this season. It can be done, its just been a complete farce from the get go here

15 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do you think the management, since that day, have done an effective job in building on the excellent foundations of last season, by developing the squad sufficiently to compete at this level, and made best use of the significant funds made available to them as evidenced by the bids for Gray and Gayle?

After such a magnificent season last year, was the limit of our ambition really to finish fourth from bottom this year? Were we all on here talking about finishing 21st back in June?

Having answered the above questions, do you not think the current frustration and criticism towards the management is entirely understandable? And is it really fair to call fans "fickle" because they might reasonably have expected more cohesive and effective preparation for a division you rightly describe as "tough", rather than the shambolic summer that followed, which destroyed all the momentum of our fabulous campaign last year?

I will support the manager and the team as you say, but it is nowhere near as simple as you have tried to make out.

Staying in the Championship is/was the objective, 21st would be the same as 11th in respect of just staying in this division,unless you or anyone was expecting a promotion push!. As for the summer transfer activity, no it wasn't very good was it, no one can try and pretend otherwise. It would have been great to get some more quality in, but for whatever reason we didn't, so we all have to forget it and accept we are where we are.

Regarding your second paragraph, imo we do have a lot of fickle or ( for a better word) deluded  fans who didn't and don't realise just how tough this division is, were a small club in the Championship and in our first season back we would always have been a bottom 10 side.

I stick by what I said earlier, staying up was always the aim, and 21st or above would be reaching that aim.

3 hours ago, foghornred said:

These fans chanting that are the true reds who follow City home and away and know that changing the manager will not help.

I can not think of another manager who can get the players that we have playing any better so its either a total clear out (manager & players) or stick with what we have.

Well I have my tickets for Reading and will be getting behind the lads for the whole game but I still believe that something needs to change to improve our chances. Whether that is players, tactics or Manager , we cannot repeat what we have done or results won't change.

4 hours ago, Swede said:

COYR

It's not defeats at Derby and Burnley or at home to Reading that depress me.

It's the fact that we have thrown away points against Ipswich, MK, Charlton and unable to  dish up reasonable home performances, that make me so sure that we will be in League One next August!

20 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Shoot me down if I am wrong, but were we ever 8-0 up against Wallsall?   I thought we were 2-0 down before we started scoring freely, final score being 8-2

19 hours ago, 29AR said:

Yes but it's how you define 'hold their own'. For me that's 21st or better. That confirms us as a Championship team. We're really not that far away. 

Sky Sports reported he got an excellent reception at Burnley from their fans. They appreciated his work at this level. 

They probably knew how easy it was going to be for their team to win against his system!

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Shoot me down if I am wrong, but were we ever 8-0 up against Wallsall?   I thought we were 2-0 down before we started scoring freely, final score being 8-2

Yes, I was wrong when I posted that post, but replied to another poster admitting I got it wrong. For the record, we were one down, two one up and then two all at half time!

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes, I was wrong when I posted that post, but replied to another poster admitting I got it wrong. For the record, we were one down, two one up and then two all at half time!

Thanks!   that cleared that up for me.   Happy New Year!

20 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

And you don't think we're going down?

Yes we knew it would be difficult, but realistically we were up with weeks of the season to go. We had months to plan for this and to find ourselves in this position at this time with so many mediocre clubs in this division is a monumental **** up, especially with investment in the infrastructure.

Archived