IGNORED

Only one Steve Cotterill

allyolly

18 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is that not the responsibility of the Manager?  

Surely if the pre season transfer balls-up was totally down to people above him, he would have walked, to preserve his reputation, either that or he is over confident in his ability to polish a turd.

Just seen the highlights and Cotterill said after the game, not word for word but something like "Burnley are a premier league team and we are a League 1 team right now" and I would be disappointed if he felt otherwise. This tells me he is fully aware that we are not good enough and I would give him the January window to try and improve the squad with Championship standard players.

Forget last season, that was League 1, we are now in the Championship where the standard is much higher. Looking at the games thus far and watching the highlights it is clear to me who are the players struggling at this level. Cotterill brought in players who have played at a higher level and put bids in for a proven goalscorer at this level, so he has tried to improve the squad. However, I am struggling to understand why Cox, Moore and Robinson have not played more games. This seems a waste of money on loan signings.

In the end we have a squad not good enough at this level and I would expect Cotterill to address this issue in the transfer window.

8 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

And you don't think we're going down?

Yes we knew it would be difficult, but realistically we were up with weeks of the season to go. We had months to plan for this and to find ourselves in this position at this time with so many mediocre clubs in this division is a monumental **** up, especially with investment in the infrastructure.

Why would I think we're going down? We are only halfway through the season, do you think fans of Mk,Rotherham,Fulham etc think they are safe!

22 hours ago, Redrobbin said:

There's only one Steve Cotterill. Just as well some may say. 

From the summer onwards it's all drastically changed. 

We all thought the squad we had that walked last season would hold their own this.  Us as fans were wrong but to say Cotterill was also wrong would be naive on this part surly.  

1. His tactics in hindsight are stubborn and naive.  His "Championship manger CV" isn't sparkling is it?

No,WE didn't all think that....anyone thinking last seasons squad would do the biz this,without several quality additions is naive,and that's putting it polite.

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

No,WE didn't all think that....anyone thinking last seasons squad would do the biz this,without several quality additions is naive,and that's putting it polite.

When I mean hold their own. I don't mean playoffs I mean comfortably out of the relegation dod fight. I mean mid table at best.

SL isn't going to waste his money like he has in the past. He has the rugby finances to consider now also. A lot of posters are saying spend big. I don't think he is willing to do that. I do expect him to spend enough to keep us up though. 

But it will be a nail biting finish. Would we expect anything else?

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

If we lose on Saturday at Reading I think Cotts will be gone.....

I think Cotts will be here at the end of the season and next season in the championship....and hey why not go on a 10game unbeaten run.....starting right now:dunno:

8 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I think Cotts will be here at the end of the season and next season in the championship....and hey why not go on a 10game unbeaten run.....starting right now:dunno:

We don't play til Saturday.  Seriously though if that were to happen (seriously doubt that given the fixtures) I suspect only 10 points on the board. 

51 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

When I mean hold their own. I don't mean playoffs I mean comfortably out of the relegation dod fight. I mean mid table at best.

SL isn't going to waste his money like he has in the past. He has the rugby finances to consider now also. A lot of posters are saying spend big. I don't think he is willing to do that. I do expect him to spend enough to keep us up though. 

But it will be a nail biting finish. Would we expect anything else?

If the rugby(and I follow the rugby)is really going to impact bcfc he can jog on..I don't think it (rugby) in reality is foremost in his mind as to rein in his bcfc spending....I imagine he views rugby as a solid investment but don't for a second think his heart gets involved...

3 hours ago, castle red said:

Sorry my first post what about mark Cooper did well with what he had at swindle ..

Agree, thought it was a harsh sacking tbh. Typical Swindon. He was in the frame for a couple of jobs shortly before he was sacked IIRC.  Could be worth a shout but not sure it would reassure me we're going to stay up.

Archived