IGNORED

So will City completely balls up another transfer window?

Lord Northski

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agree with you Samo regarding 'old heads ' , Neil Danns is a good shout ,apparently Kermorgant is a done deal ( after Cott's comments in the summer ! :dunno:) and there must surely be a good goalie out there looking for a challenge .

The flaw in relegation clauses is evidently the new players have nothing to lose if we go down so may be they are less motivated than the others in the squad . The problem is how do we bring them in otherwise ?

Just stick in a huge `staying up` bonus and they didn`t ought to be.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Here we go again - people saying we can't compete on wages when Steve Lansdown said publicly that wages were never the problem with either Gray or Gayle, The Bristol Post even reported we offered Gray more than Burnley and Spudski posted on here that a football agent he knows told him we offered Gray a bigger salary than Burnley....so how do you know he's on £10k more per week than we offered him?

Just read Tewkesbury Massive's post from a few days ago. All the financial details of the last few months' activities are in there. Grey earns a lot more at Burnley than he would have earned with us. It's pure "spin" to say otherwise.

1 minute ago, Slave to the rhythm said:

Just read Tewkesbury Massive's post from a few days ago. All the financial details of the last few months' activities are in there. Grey earns a lot more at Burnley than he would have earned with us. It's pure "spin" to say otherwise.

So Steve Lansdown was telling lies in public then?

9 minutes ago, Slave to the rhythm said:

By the way, I assume you meant "Tetbury Massive" when you talked about a post with 'all the financial details'?

How do you know it is all correct on that post? How do you know anyone's 'sources' are telling the entire truth?

You've obviously chosen to believe an anonymous poster on a forum who refuses to say where he got the info from over the owner of Bristol City FC who talked about this in public recently...

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Grey is on marginally more at Burnley than he was offered at City. Wages were not the issue. The issue was that Burnley have a more prestigious standing both as a club and historically than City do.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Yes, I meant Tetbury, not Tewkesbury. My apologies. 

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

By the way, I assume you meant "Tetbury Massive" when you talked about a post with 'all the financial details'?

How do you know it is all correct on that post? How do you know anyone's 'sources' are telling the entire truth?

You've obviously chosen to believe an anonymous poster on a forum who refuses to say where he got the info from over the owner of Bristol City FC who talked about this in public recently...

Because Lansdown has never lied to the fans in the past to cover his own ass

good one

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes....happened before, will happen again, 

But hey....when someone throws endless money at a project and spends his way out of trouble, people happily turn a blind eye

Tbh I was a bit concerned when is heard SL say a couple of weeks ago that he'd not had a list of targets from SC yet, you'd have thought they would have tried to get all the signings done and dusted before the window opens, rather than wait till it opens again to decide on targets

13 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Tbh I was a bit concerned when is heard SL say a couple of weeks ago that he'd not had a list of targets from SC yet, you'd have thought they would have tried to get all the signings done and dusted before the window opens, rather than wait till it opens again to decide on targets

Smoke & mirrors I should think. If SL had said that SC knew who he wanted to sign and deals were in the process of being done, Twentyman (quite rightly) would have been expected to pursue it and ask who/what positions/fees etc. SL wouldn`t have been prepared to answer (again, quite rightly) which would have made everyone even more suspicious/critical than they are now.

The questions in the interview were obviously pre-approved so I`m sure Radio Bristol had to agree not to make a big deal of it.

2 hours ago, Bowie said:

But hey....when someone throws endless money at a project and spends his way out of trouble, people happily turn a blind eye

What has he lied about before, in public? Genuine question, be interested to know this. If the owner of a club in which I invest so much time, effort, emotion and money is telling porkies in public I'd like to know.

Cheers...

12 hours ago, Bowie said:

I'll assume from your lack of response to my two questions that you have no knowledge of any lies that Mr Lansdown has said in public as you can't come up with any examples.

So you've basically called our billionaire owner a liar (twice) but can't give any evidence of this....so you made it up.

Interesting...

Archived