IGNORED

So will City completely balls up another transfer window?

Lord Northski

I wish I understood the ultra complicated loan rules a bit better because that would give me a better indication of what exactly we can do there.

If, as seems highly likely, we sign Bennett permanently, then I'd expect three more coming in this month, some on loan and others permanently.

If the loan rules now mean that they can only sign for us for 93 days maximum, they'll probably not arrive for a couple of weeks in order to finish the season with us.

2 hours ago, fly in the air said:

What are the exact dates the loans expire does anyone know pls.  I know baker is a season loan. 

Bennett, Cox and Moore's current loans all end after tomorrow's game, Robinson is on a season's loan but the rumour is that he'll go back to Villa this month.

I'm hopeful that the Callum Robinson loan was a Youth Loan.  He was 20 on 1/7/15 (dob 2/2/95) which qualifies him as a YL.

If so, we can still make one permanent half season loan in this window....and then will need to wait til Feb fir the EL window to reopen (runs to mid March I think)

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I disagree. It's not the most important factor but it does add to the overall impression of a club, its ambition and stature. If City and Rovers were in the same division offering the same money, where would you rather play your football?

if i was a crap player id go to rovers knowing the boos wouldnt be anywhere near as loud as at the gate,

if goalkeeper,would have to be city so the fans didnt punch me, must be loads more scenarios out there ....

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bennett, Cox and Moore's current loans all end after tomorrow's game, Robinson is on a season's loan but the rumour is that he'll go back to Villa this month.

I'd imagine Cox, Moore and Robinson will all head home; in fact, guess we might have seen the last of Cox anyway, what with his parent club our next oppositon.

Robinson's loan has been bizarre; scoring on his second appearance, then starting out of position a few times while Freeman was serving his ban, then... basically nothing.  

Perhaps suffered from the form of Kodjia and Agard coming back to fitness as cover, but the fact he's behind Burns in the pecking order really makes you wonder about the choice to make it a season long loan.

25 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

if i was a crap player id go to rovers knowing the boos wouldnt be anywhere near as loud as at the gate,

if goalkeeper,would have to be city so the fans didnt punch me, must be loads more scenarios out there ....

I thought you had to be a horse? Horses aren't eligible to play as far as I'm aware…

4 hours ago, Bowie said:

People misunderstand the transfer window.  We can sign the players whenever we want they just won't be eligible to play until the window opens

perfect example being Norwich signing Matt Jarvis last week.

Yes the long awaited transfer window is in effect a registration window. Clubs can't register players to play until the window opens. Transfers can happen any time if you are prepared to either loan back or sit them in the stands. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

Yes the long awaited transfer window is in effect a registration window. Clubs can't register players to play until the window opens. Transfers can happen any time if you are prepared to either loan back or sit them in the stands

Who is going to be sitting in the stands at Reading, I wonder?

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes the long awaited transfer window is in effect a registration window. Clubs can't register players to play until the window opens. Transfers can happen any time if you are prepared to either loan back or sit them in the stands. 

Don`t know about loaning back (outside the windows) as they would be registered with their new club and, if they then played for their former one, that club would be playing an unregistered player and risk punishment.

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t know about loaning back (outside the windows) as they would be registered with their new club and, if they then played for their former one, that club would be playing an unregistered player and risk punishment.

Yes without being pedantic it's more about how the contract is written and with whom the registration stays in the short term rather than a straight loan back

To answer the OP, we hope not.

I've not totally given up on Cotts, but he seems out of his depth in the Championship.

I'm concerned he will **** it up, spend the money and we will still go down. He can sign players, but we doesn't seem to be able to change tactics, or mitigate the opposition to a level where we can compete. E.g. problems at BOTH ends of the pitch. Normally, in this situation, you shore up the defence - but we have conceded more goals then any other team in the division.

The reason I've not totally given up on Cotts is that he demonstrated how good he is in the transfer market when he took over as City boss. His record in Div 1 was pretty well flawless - some properly inspired and value-for-money signings. Can he do it at this level though?

He will be given the money, but can he be trusted to deal effectively at Championship level?

Not sure.

He probably deserves the chance to try, put he is going to be a man under pressure.

As has been said on other threads, there is also a question about does he understand BCFC is bigger than the players. His first loyalty is to the club and fans - not the squad as it exists as of 1st January 2016.

Uncle TFR

33 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes without being pedantic it's more about how the contract is written and with whom the registration stays in the short term rather than a straight loan back

I think I see now. So the buying and selling clubs would get everything in place and dated ready to go on say 2nd Jan but the selling club would retain the players registration until then. They would then` hand it over` as it were on that date. Presumably some or all of any fee would already have to have changed hands to prevent anyone backing out at the last minute or if a better offer came along I suppose. It does explain the mystery `injuries` we sometimes see with players a couple of games shy of the windows as I guess one of the buying club`s conditions would be that the player doesn`t play and risk injury/sending off.

Would the Moteb deal have been done this way and that`s why we were able to cancel it due to him going back and playing for his old team when we said he couldn`t? I guess so.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think I see now. So the buying and selling clubs would get everything in place and dated ready to go on say 2nd Jan but the selling club would retain the players registration until then. They would then` hand it over` as it were on that date. Presumably some or all of any fee would already have to have changed hands to prevent anyone backing out at the last minute or if a better offer came along I suppose. It does explain the mystery `injuries` we sometimes see with players a couple of games shy of the windows as I guess one of the buying club`s conditions would be that the player doesn`t play and risk injury/sending off.

Would the Moteb deal have been done this way and that`s why we were able to cancel it due to him going back and playing for his old team when we said he couldn`t? I guess so.

I thought it was definitive when we saw a new player holding up a City shirt with his name on . :blink:

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Grey is on marginally more at Burnley than he was offered at City. Wages were not the issue. The issue was that Burnley have a more prestigious standing both as a club and historically than City do.

I believe he is on about £10k per week more at Burnley than he would have got with us.

31 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I worry that in the Championship we can't compete on reputation (plenty of bigger clubs in the division. We suffer geographically, we can't compete on wages, we struggling at the bottom of the table, there's no certainty the manager will stay.

This is gonna be a tough transfer window. 

I've never understood why people say we suffer geographically? Suffer how?

Archived