IGNORED

Loans gone back

RedM

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

From Cotts post match interview on Radio Bristol  

Qustion: "Have you got any irons in the fire?" (Ref the transfer window)

Answer: "No"

If true this is a shambles and he has to go. Preferably tonight   

If that's true the man is a fool. 

If it's not true he's making himself look like one. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If that's true the man is a fool. 

If it's not true he's making himself look like one. 

Also if this is the case what is the point of Burt? Seriously his job should be to use his contacts and get players in, where is he?

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I will simply not allow myself to believe this. 

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Out. Sorry he's clueless at this level. Did very well last season but was allowed to cherry pick the best L1 players so going up was minimum requirement. This season has been a shambles 

52 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This guarantees that January is going to be very interesting. It just has to be. Lansdown above all others won't want to be relegated. 

I've had the same thoughts all season but for me today the light has gone out, and I hope I'm proven wrong. 

I think we're going to struggle to sign players, I believe we would have been a more attractive proposition in the summer than now. I just hope I'm wrong and that the three players going back are a sign deals are lined up just not signed and sealed

3 loans gone back 3 more in (if were still allowed that many ?)

Maybe 1 permanent signing.

This is how I see it unfolding the loans just to make the numbers up on the bench.

Our next league match the side will be the same as today unless Williams is fit, unless there is a change at the top.

we're sleep walking to the drop i'm afraid and imo the script is already written.

28 minutes ago, daored said:

I've had the same thoughts all season but for me today the light has gone out, and I hope I'm proven wrong. 

I think we're going to struggle to sign players, I believe we would have been a more attractive proposition in the summer than now. I just hope I'm wrong and that the three players going back are a sign deals are lined up just not signed and sealed

Cotts after match interview said "no irons in the Fire". Hope this isn't true or else we're Fu##ed.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Relegation would cost millions in revenue. A 26k seater stadium with 11k averages in league one, or 19k averages in the champ. 

Thats a lot of difference. He'd rather spend now is my bet. 

But if his Rugby club get promoted.....;)

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must admit I`m puzzled Moore`s gone back (unless he wanted to of course given Leicester`s season so far). With Baker getting injured today and DW only half fit if that, we`re bloody short at the back.

Perhaps we`ll go 442.:fingerscrossed:

His loan was up and Leicester are gonna be wanting him playing. Zero benefit to him or them if he's just sat on the bench.

Cox in!

Anyway, now I've got that out of the way with if SC's comments are correct (couldn't listen to the post match phone in this week) then I'm frankly flabbergasted. We've gone beyond the point of being coy with our signings now. At this stage, we have extremely little to gain from trying to play our cards close to our chest. We need decisive and swift action in the market otherwise we risk becoming a rabbit in the headlights.

Regarding the loans, it just typifies the utter shambles that was our summer recruitment. Clearly they were brought here with no intention of being first team players, just there to pad out the squad and allow us to do some more complicated drills in training.

UTTER FARSE.

13 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Cotts after match interview said "no irons in the Fire". Hope this isn't true or else we're Fu##ed.

Haven't heard the interview to be fair, but hey what's the rush in getting players in , got loads of time. Seriously, it's not like we're short of players, not winning games, not scoring. Chill out buddy, and remember our success in signing players at the start of the season, and then not rushing to sign players we don't even use! I see your panic! 

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Cox in!

Anyway, now I've got that out of the way with if SC's comments are correct (couldn't listen to the post match phone in this week) then I'm frankly flabbergasted. We've gone beyond the point of being coy with our signings now. At this stage, we have extremely little to gain from trying to play our cards close to our chest. We need decisive and swift action in the market otherwise we risk becoming a rabbit in the headlights.

Regarding the loans, it just typifies the utter shambles that was our summer recruitment. Clearly they were brought here with no intention of being first team players, just there to pad out the squad and allow us to do some more complicated drills in training.

UTTER FARSE.

Must admit not sure how these meetings work, but I understand there used to be meetings with the club over several matters. It would be interesting if the club would put a member of the board , i.e. the chairman, and the manager to a Q&A with a select group of supporters. I think it could be used positively and answer a lot of questions and may provide some general thoughts of the club?

If this is true (SC suggesting we have no targets lined up) then I am more than concerned; regardless if he thinks the team can get up to speed at this level, we now do not have enough players for a bench.

And I cannot blame Leicester for wanting Moore to come home, then maybe go elsewhere; the fact he couldn't displace defenders who shipped ten goals across the last 4 games when he started the one prior that we won is bonkers.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Clutching at straws (again) but maybe he is saying he has no irons in the fire as all we want are 100% signed and secure and will be unveiled in a blaze of glory 10pm on Monday morning.

Whatever medication or recreational substances you are taking M, I would like to have some too...............

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Must admit not sure how these meetings work, but I understand there used to be meetings with the club over several matters. It would be interesting if the club would put a member of the board , i.e. the chairman, and the manager to a Q&A with a select group of supporters. I think it could be used positively and answer a lot of questions and may provide some general thoughts of the club?

They used to be open meetings and were always rather interesting and Gary Johnson/Steve Lansdown/Derek McInnes always spoke reasonably openly. Shame we don't get that opportunity these days.

18 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They used to be open meetings and were always rather interesting and Gary Johnson/Steve Lansdown/Derek McInnes always spoke reasonably openly. Shame we don't get that opportunity these days.

Long gone are the days where you'll feel integral to the club. 

Faceless and businesslike. Except we're crap at the business bit. 

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I can see very limited ways in which the club can benefit from this strategy anymore :dunno: We need to be swift and decisive with our actions.

It's not a strategy. To call it that is to give it credibility and give the impression they know what they are doing. 

A halfwit would know the best response would be - we're working hard and are talking to a number of clubs. I hope to get a few deals over the line so watch this space. 

Don't think anyone at AG has had a job in marketing or has a PhD in Spin. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

A halfwit would know the best response would be - we're working hard and are talking to a number of clubs. I hope to get a few deals over the line so watch this space. 

So professional that it sounds like an actual quote. But yes, this is the ideal scenario. It doesn't reveal the identities of parties involved but does signal intent: first and foremost to the fans, but also to the teams in a relegation dogfight with us.

I mean come on, if you were the manager of Rotherham, Charlton, Bolton, MK Dons, etc you would have to take a bit of confidence from the fact that one of your opposition seems to be stalling in their dealings to get away from danger.

Archived