IGNORED

Loans gone back

RedM

From city twitter Cox, Robinson and Moore are going back to the parent clubs. We are in discussion with Norwich about Bennett future, no further details. Baker here for the season as previously agreed.

1 Frank Fielding (GK) 
2 Mark Little 
3 Derrick Williams
4 Aden Flint
5 Luke Ayling
7 Korey Smith
10 Kieran Agard
11 Scott Wagstaff
14 Bobby Reid
15 Luke Freeman
17 Nathan Baker
18 Aaron Wilbraham
20 Wes Burns
21 Marlon Pack
22 Jonathan Kodjia
23 Joe Bryan
24 Max O’Leary (GK)

Possibly 13 Elliott Bennett

18 players if Elliott Bennett sticks around... and that's including a goalkeeper with zero experience.

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Serious question...how are we going to fill our bench with those gone and Baker potentially injured?

With a lot of our games sold out we could always sell the seats on the bench - could be another £120 a game. Kaching!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

This guarantees that January is going to be very interesting. It just has to be. Lansdown above all others won't want to be relegated. 

Hopefully, but sometimes it seems to me, for a very very rich man, he seems reluctant to spend.  Because he will have to spend, with or without the present manager.

Promoted. A transfer window with plenty of cash. Half a season in. Worse team than last year. Worse than we were in August. Playing the same approach in every game and hoping for the best. And no one is to blame.

If you forego traditional support and target "family entertainment" you're gonna have to try harder than that. 2 out of 10.

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Hopefully, but sometimes it seems to me, for a very very rich man, he seems reluctant to spend.  Because he will have to spend, with or without the present manager.

Relegation would cost millions in revenue. A 26k seater stadium with 11k averages in league one, or 19k averages in the champ. 

Thats a lot of difference. He'd rather spend now is my bet. 

7 minutes ago, Bowie said:

6 needed

Minimum. 

If Bennett stays (& you have to wonder if he wants to after the fire last few months; sure he'd have other teams interested, like Brighton where he's played before, & who need a right winger), then I'd agree 6, but without him 7 sounds about right.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Well he hasn't impressed me with his concern. As long as the stand is finished, that's ok.

I don't think last summer that Lansdown wanted us to be relegated, wither, but he oversaw that c*ck-up, so I have very little confidence in him to much different this time round.

He also knows there is a very strong possibility we will be relegated so he won't want a big wage bill back in L1, ergo we'll get a few loans (prob the exact number as are returning home) and maybe some small-fry permanent signings (although I think it'll only be loans).

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Relegation would cost millions in revenue. A 26k seater stadium with 11k averages in league one, or 19k averages in the champ. 

Thats a lot of difference. He'd rather spend now is my bet. 

I'd like to think so, but for whatever reason it didn't happen in the summer. The same standard of players are still required and are going to cost an awful lot more even if they can be found and persuaded to come here I would think.

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This guarantees that January is going to be very interesting. It just has to be. Lansdown above all others won't want to be relegated. 

Exactly.

A minimum of 4 probably 5 including Bennett, I'd guess.

From Cotts post match interview on Radio Bristol  

Qustion: "Have you got any irons in the fire?" (Ref the transfer window)

Answer: "No"

If true this is a shambles and he has to go. Preferably tonight   

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If 2 or 3 don't arrive this week then I'm sure we're up the creek. Will likely mean Cotts hasn't got who he needs/wants. 

I agree Cotswold, this could well prove the rumour that SL and SC dont see eye to eye but after just seeing Pongo88's post, perhaps the fat lady has sung

Archived