IGNORED

What a Disgracefull way to treat a young player

1 minute ago, Between heaven and hell said:

The way Wes Burns is being treated by our manager is nothing short of a disgrace.

He may not be the answer to our problems but surely for the last 15 mins of a game he's got to be better than a Knackered out 37 yr old.

Good enough for international call ups but apparently not for a struggling Championship side.

It's pointless having him on the bench at all really. 

2 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

The way Wes Burns is being treated by our manager is nothing short of a disgrace.

He may not be the answer to our problems but surely for the last 15 mins of a game he's got to be better than a Knackered out 37 yr old.

Good enough for international call ups but apparently not for a struggling Championship side.

How dare you question the chosen one, he's a winner don't you know.

I'd actually encourage him to leave. Wales aren't going to be playing in every major tournament for the rest of their history. This could be a once in a lifetime chance for him to even be around that squad. He needs to get game time for the sake of his career both internationally and domestically

6 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Didn't Wales just keep him on the bench as well?

Wes Burns is very much an unknown quantity. The honest truth is that none of us really no how good he is (barring maybe his father - who I wouldn't blame for having a good degree of bias - I would) .  But we talk about him on here like he's Christiano Ronaldo not getting a game. And Wales U21's is a far cry from the Championship. 

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see WB used a little more than he has been (maybe out of curiosity more than anything), and I agree that Cotts' substitution policy seems questionable at best, but for me the thread title is perhaps just a little OTT. 

We're all frustrated I get that. And he's one of our own. I get that too. But 'disgraceful way to treat a young player' seems a little too much of an impassioned statement to say the least. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Wes Burns is very much an unknown quantity. The honest truth is that none of us really no how good he is (barring maybe his father - who I wouldn't blame for having a good degree of bias - I would) .  But we talk about him on here like he's Christiano Ronaldo not getting a game. And Wales U21's is a far cry from the Championship. 

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see WB used a little more than he has been (maybe out of curiosity more than anything), and I agree that Cotts' substitution policy seems questionable at best, but for me the thread title is perhaps just a little OTT. 

We're all frustrated I get that. And he's one of our own. I get that too. But 'disgraceful way to treat a young player' seems a little too much of an impassioned statement to say the least. 

So why is he on the bench? 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So why is he on the bench? 

Because we have no one else.

I do feel sorry for the lad; we've nothing to lose giving him a shot.

And if not; get him out on loan, as he's not going to display what he's capable of.

But of course we can't, because we've not got enough players to fill a bench without him.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Because we have no one else.

I do feel sorry for the lad; we've nothing to lose giving him a shot.

And if not; get him out on loan, as he's not going to display what he's capable of.

But of course we can't, because we've not got enough players to fill a bench without him.

But why put him in the bench? We don't have to fill it. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'd actually encourage him to leave. Wales aren't going to be playing in every major tournament for the rest of their history. This could be a once in a lifetime chance for him to even be around that squad. He needs to get game time for the sake of his career both internationally and domestically

Not interested in his Wales career tbh,but if we do go down I'm not sure with cotts in charge he would play him in league 1,if I was him I would slap in a transfer request

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Must be doing him the world of good seeing a bloke 16yrs older than him blowing out his arse with hands on hips and yet still don't get the chance to impress for ten minutes at the end.

Whats to lose!

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

But why put him in the bench? We don't have to fill it. 

I can't answer that; the point of the bench is to have options for when a manager wants/needs to change things (such as with Moore for Baker today), but as SC currently doesn't want to do that, then I guess you're right - why bother?

Right now it does feel like we're just ticking boxes when it comes to having anyone outside12/13 we see for most of the games each week.

30 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

It is all about people's opinions . Last season Wes struggled to get in oxfords team and was sent back to go out on loan at Cheltenham . Now all of a sudden he should be playing in the championship ?? Opinions will vary I guess

2 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

It is all about people's opinions . Last season Wes struggled to get in oxfords team and was sent back to go out on loan at Cheltenham . Now all of a sudden he should be playing in the championship ?? Opinions will vary I guess

You just never know how people will react to different situations. His confidence could be higher now than it was at Oxford. I don't think we are all calling for Wes to start next match but he looked comfortable in his few cameos. He's progressing through his national team. Bristol City aren't flying. Giving him an odd start and a few 20-30 minute appearances could tell us all a lot more about his ability. That's me anyway. I'd have no problems him coming on for Aaron in the 68th minute. Or starting away to a Blackburn or someone like that. You see it at almost every club bar ours. Man U have given champions league and prem time to a 19 year old. Charlton play that Lookman. I'm not saying Wes is better than anyone. I'm saying he's doing the right thing and we won't know anything without some appearances. 

5 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

As stated in the OP I'm not suggesting he is the answer to our problems.

What I am saying is that the kid deserves a chance off the bench late on to replace a knackered old man.

Not sure why you can't see that to be honest.

I was hoping he would come on for the last 15, but, thinking rationally now I'm home, we had already used 2 subs and if someone had got injured ( especially if it was Fielding) in those 15 minutes, we would have had to play out time with ten men.

SC had a tough call to make at the time, tough job being a manager of City!

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I was hoping he would come on for the last 15, but, thinking rationally now I'm home, we had already used 2 subs and if someone had got injured ( especially if it was Fielding) in those 15 minutes, we would have had to play out time with ten men.

Not as tough as this evening reflecting on his mistake. 

I think we all know if he had a spare sub it wouldn't have made a difference either. 

20 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Yes you maybe right, but we don't know if he can play in this division now or not as we would rather keep Aaron on knackered than put the fastest player at the club, that burned off Gareth Bale at a Welsh training camp (according to his agent and I have no reason to doubt him) by a way, to rattle the slowest center midfield partnership at 90 mins I have seen since the Championship began (but plenty paced enough to handle Wilbo) for more than a 30 second time waster

Last I saw we lost again and I would rather lose fighting than trying the same old tried and tested failed tactic. 

When Burns saw action early this season he did well, then nothing. That is the only fact we know about the boys ability, what happened last season has gone and the kid has obviously developed. Pity SC can't develop something else with what he has, it would be better than knowing 1 goal will be enough for the opposition to get at least a point before kick off!

18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We made our second change today with EIGHT minutes to go, as against Charlton our opponents had made all of theirs when we'd made only one, he's hardly being reckless, is he?

57 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Must be doing him the world of good seeing a bloke 16yrs older than him blowing out his arse with hands on hips and yet still don't get the chance to impress for ten minutes at the end.

Whats to lose!

Wilbs was finished after 50 min today !?!

Archived