IGNORED

What a Disgracefull way to treat a young player

5 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

reid was at fault for the goal. He was caught in possession, the same as freeman had been 5 or 6 times. The difference was this was late in the game and we were going for a win. reid also created a very good chance seconds after coming on. Unfortunately freeman created very little despite having a lot of the ball for 81 minutes. Having watched the last 3 away games 270 mins a lot of possession and no goals, it is becoming very clear that although he tries his heart out, In terms of creating chances Freeman is not good enough enough. People slag pack off, but most of our good chances started from him and it was noticing everyone we looked more dangerous when we played direct thereby not allowing him to overplay ang allow the defence to organise. 

Sorry but blaming a guy who was brilliantly tackled halfway into the oppositions half, for a goal is incredibly unfair. There were 6 or 7 other players that are meant to support that player but stopping the ball after he had lost it, the worst culprit was Moore who backed off far too much. Most sides we have played this season, the defender would have brought the man down rather than back off that far.

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I take you're point but the days of comparing Wales to San Marino are gone...

Oh seriously, do I really need to explain that? I was not comparing San Marino to Wales. I was demonstrating by using the worst example of an international side that an international call up does not necessarily indicate quality.

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry but blaming a guy who was brilliantly tackled halfway into the oppositions half, for a goal is incredibly unfair. There were 6 or 7 other players that are meant to support that player but stopping the ball after he had lost it, the worst culprit was Moore who backed off far too much. Most sides we have played this season, the defender would have brought the man down rather than back off that far.

I'm not blaming him, I said he was at fault! Caught in possession, as freeman had also been on several occasions. Being tackled from unseen opponent is being caught In possession. He was slow to offload the ball, that's the truth.         I have noticed that the better teams at this level play very quickly through the middle of midfield and create chances through 2 or 3 quickly played passes. City rarel do this and I think this is down to overplaying in midfield, where players feel the need to have 2 or 3 touches when an earlier pass would give the opposition less time to reorganise Thats  how we've been beaten on many occasions, only pack played early balls yesterday. Some came off, some didn't, but when they did it led to decent chances

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Oh seriously, do I really need to explain that? I was not comparing San Marino to Wales. I was demonstrating by using the worst example of an international side that an international call up does not necessarily indicate quality.

If Burns was playing for Brazil U21s we wouldn't be having this debate, so the quality of the international team is a factor

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It is one of the things that struck me most about the likes of Hull Nd QPR; their willingness to tough tackle and take bookings for the side.  It's a dark art, but you do have to think that maybe that is an element missing from the team this year.

I'm not advocating smashing players all over the pitch, but in circumstances like yesterday, do we have anyone bold enough to bring a man down in order to preserve a lead or a clean sheet?

On more that one occasion watching highlights back after games I've seen scenarios develop prior I us scoring where a non-dangerous but 'savvy' foul might have relieved the pressure, but it's not seemingly an option for us.

Wade Elliott was very, very good at this type of 'work'; haunting attacks before they built momentum - what I'd give to have him or a smilie experienced player in the middle taking responsibility right now. 

6 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

If Burns was playing for Brazil U21s we wouldn't be having this debate, so the quality of the international team is a factor

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course it is - that's exactly what I'm saying!

You could argue though that it is easier to score goals in the better team, I haven't researched it, but it would be interesting to see which teams Burns has scored against, compared to someone like Berahino.

2 hours ago, djb6162 said:

mcinnes signed him and gave him his debut at 18, in the championship by the way, then got the sack the next morning. i wouldnt use Del as an argument against Wes, he is a big admirer and still is !!!!

Sod played him in both the championship and L1 as an 18/19 year old in difficult circumstances. 

That's interesting.. Wouldn't be a bad move for Wes either if he doesn't mind granite, rain and the cold!

Really hope he makes that Euro squad, deserves the opportunity to find game time to get there.

3 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

And I'm saying Wales are good!!!

We're going round in circles here. I  already agreed with you Wales are a good side, but as I already said they have very few options at front, as demonstrated by the fact Robson-Kanu is a regular starter for them but not for Reading.

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's interesting.. Wouldn't be a bad move for Wes either if he doesn't mind granite, rain and the cold!

Really hope he makes that Euro squad, deserves the opportunity to find game time to get there.

As big a critic of McInnes as I am, his work across the last couple of years in the SPL will inevitably give him opportunities to either move to another English club soon, or indeed perhaps biggest jobs in Scotland (so, Rangers), and if it is the case he is an admirer of Wes, there are worse scenarios for a young player to be in.

In fact, if I was Wes, I'd be wondering if Del maybe fancied giving him a shot at Aberdeen; swapping a relegation fight in the Championship for a potential title run in the SPL.

Archived