IGNORED

Abdoul Camara - Angers SCO

Esmond Million's Bung

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kyle lafferty also mentioned on here looks likely to join Leeds. Again teams moving quicker than we are. Not that we are in for either but our dream of getting players in quick seems just that, a dream. 

it depends on whether any of the players claiming to be close to signing for other teams were targets in the first place I suppose.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

True but it's always frustrating watching decent players wind up everywhere except your struggling team. I hope we are working behind the scenes harder this time. 

Lafferty doesn't appear to have been decent for sometime, we cannot rue every single player who signs for a rival, we couldn't sign them all anyway and don't forget that in the UK most players moving early in this window are players that the said club wants rid of to free up wages to bring in new players, the better players will move later in the window, which is why I suspect Norwich will agree to let Bennett go.

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kyle lafferty also mentioned on here looks likely to join Leeds. Again teams moving quicker than we are. Not that we are in for either but our dream of getting players in quick seems just that, a dream. 

Leeds or us is only ever likely to see one conclusion, hence the surprise when Agard chose us last year.

I doubt very much we were ever after Lafferty, though I think he is exactly what we need.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Lafferty doesn't appear to have been decent for sometime, we cannot rue every single player who signs for a rival, we couldn't sign them all anyway and don't forget that in the UK most players moving early in this window are players that the said club wants rid of to free up wages to bring in new players, the better players will move later in the window, which is why I suspect Norwich will agree to let Bennett go.

Well he has been decent for Northern Ireland as they qualified for the Euros. He'd most certainly be an upgrade over Aaron. He wouldn't guarantee us safety but he'd have been a good addition IMO. We will never know of course but I think we are at the gambling stage. No one is looking at us very keenly I would imagine. 

31 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

and in the spirit of the feeding frenzy and wild speculation that exists at the moment, maybe they will want to reunite him with Kodjia?.

I think they already have a lot better strikers than Kodjia!

1 minute ago, spudski said:

As the recent quote by the Swindon manager stated, situations in football change by the hour...a deal isn't a deal until it's signed.

Agree, we'd basically guarantee a starting spot for him - at Derby there's lots of competition and if they get promoted they'll strengthen further. Clutching at straws really but disappointing to see these players go to Championship rivals, especially when our manager is saying we haven't got any deals lined up.

38 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You've got to remember lads we're in no rush for players so lets give them a break yeah! :s

Archived