IGNORED

Who would you sign?

BCFC_Josh

Which five players do you believe we should try to sign and why? This is to help maintain our Championship status. (Realistic choices)

I would go for...

1.) Mark Bunn or Kelvin Davis - experienced goalkeepers who would provide cover for Fielding.

2.) Curtis Nelson - almost 200 appearances for Plymouth and captain at only 22. Can play at right back and centre half. Has potential.

3.) Bradley Dack - Gillingham midfielder who played well against us last season. Somebody who could hopefully make the step up to Championship level. 

4.) Yann Kermogant - Bournemouth striker. SC tried to sign him in the Summer and has been widely reported he is trying to sign him again this month. Would be a boost to the attacking options.

5.) Sam Morsy - Highly rated Chesterfield midfield player. Another who could make the step up to Championship level.

Wouldn't complain at that 5..

I would choose David Bentley from Southend ideally, destined for better things than Southend.

Feel we need a bit of guile and experience in midfield, Steve Sidwell would be my choice. Don't believe he's gone yet but seems certain to leave Stoke this window. Loan till end of season.

Assuming Garita won't be near the first team, I feel we need an explosive attacker as well as a Wilbs replacement. Someone like Thierry Ambrose from Man City - French, quick and promising. 

Wouldn't complain at Kermogant; Matt Smith, Kyle Lafferty (if we can gazump Leeds) or if we could manage it an experienced Prem striker on loan like Crouch/Lambert would also benefit us I feel. 

We probably need another right wingback now; don't know of many really. Always been a big fan of Cyrus Christie but he's unrealistic.

I'd be quite happy with; Bentley, Nelson, Dack, Ambrose, Sidwell and Lafferty - but very pie in the sky!!

36 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

God, not Mark Bunn. That thread back in the halcyon days of summer was just too painful

36 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

God, not Mark Bunn. That thread back in the halcyon days of summer was just too painful

Pain-ful. 

Brilliant. I thought the puns had ended with the thread, but that's a gem @Woodsy

Don't think I'd buy a keeper Untill the summer but if I'm signing 5 players now why not a keeper. 

Bentley from Southend,

but the main thing for me is another midfielder so we actually rest people and rotate. Luongo from QPR, Gardener from Villa, Kasim from Swindon, Cousins from Charlton, Dack from Gillingham are some I'd be happy with. 

1 hour ago, BCFC Josh said:

Which five players do you believe we should try to sign and why? This is to help maintain our Championship status. (Realistic choices)

I would go for...

1.) Mark Bunn or Kelvin Davis - experienced goalkeepers who would provide cover for Fielding.

2.) Curtis Nelson - almost 200 appearances for Plymouth and captain at only 22. Can play at right back and centre half. Has potential.

3.) Bradley Dack - Gillingham midfielder who played well against us last season. Somebody who could hopefully make the step up to Championship level. 

4.) Yann Kermogant - Bournemouth striker. SC tried to sign him in the Summer and has been widely reported he is trying to sign him again this month. Would be a boost to the attacking options.

5.) Sam Morsy - Highly rated Chesterfield midfield player. Another who could make the step up to Championship level.

Ideàlly a big commanding keeper. Moore from Cardiff. Wheater and mark Davies from Bolton . Bradley dack and kermogant... Would love Matt smith or Darren bent ... Proper strength in depth then and would win more than we lose

Julian Speroni (I'd offer him the number 1 jersey until the end of the season if he's fit) 

Matt Grimes (Swansea) 

Dack (Gills) Although we probably should have gone for him in the Summer. He'll be worth a hell of a lot more now. 

Adam Armstrong (his loan at Coventry expires on 16th Jan, so why not offer him and Newcastle something a bit more financially) He's scored 16 in 22. 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Julian Speroni (I'd offer him the number 1 jersey until the end of the season if he's fit) 

Matt Grimes (Swansea) 

Dack (Gills) Although we probably should have gone for him in the Summer. He'll be worth a hell of a lot more now. 

Adam Armstrong (his loan at Coventry expires on 16th Jan, so why not offer him and Newcastle something a bit more financially) He's scored 16 in 22. 

Pretty sure they've extended Armstrong for the season. Dack could very well go up with Gillingham. Doubt they'd sell and doubt he'd come to us while struggling. Grimes would be a good loan IMO. Speroni would in theory be a good loan but we all know FF is #1

5 Players to sign;

Ben Foster - Loan until end of season - Myhill and Lindegaard are first choice at WB and Foster returning from injury so could be available on loan I expect , with game time not being assured.

Aaron Mooy - 2M best player in the A League, good central midfielder

Alfie Potter - Right back and Right wing cover, adds competition for Little and replacement for Bennett.

Bradley Dack 2m - Good midfielder and improving, replacement for Freeman who is struggling

Adam Armstrong - On loan at Coventry and Newcastle might like him to get Championship game time, so could be worth a loan approach to try and gazzump Coventry extending his loan.

36 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Aaron Mooy - 2M best player in the A League, good central midfielder

Saw he was sat in the stand/hospitality (injured) for last weekends match. I had hoped when he wasnt named he might be on a plane...

Cotts has said desire you bring in players under 24, but I think there will be 1 or 2 over this if they are the right players.

if it were me and trying to be realistic I'd go for;

GK - none, unless Frank gets injured...then use Emergency Loan

CM - Sam Morsy (24 yrs) and Eunan O'Kane (25 yrs)

DL / LWB - Dean Moxey (30 next week) - bit if experience and versatility.  Baker will miss games through injury and he will give good cover there too.

ST - Matt Smith (26 yrs)

....and probably take a pint on Dack.

Archived