IGNORED

Replay on TV : updated

North London Red

2 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Apparantly Man U have had there last 30+ fa cup games shown live on TV. 

It is at least that number, if not 40 odd. 

I know they pull in the viewers but it's disgusting that any one club gets such an unfair slice of the TV revenue pie. Especially in the FA Cup, which is all about being a leveller and championing the smaller clubs. 

If you draw Man Utd then the rewards are already plentiful. 

Infact, I'd say premiership teams shouldn't receive TV revenue from FA cup matches. It should be split amongst those in the lower/non leagues, who need it. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know they pull in the viewers but it's disgusting that any one club gets such an unfair slice of the TV revenue pie. Especially in the FA Cup, which is all about being a leveller and championing the smaller clubs. 

Infact, I'd say premiership teams shouldn't receive TV revenue from FA cup matches. It should be split amongst those in the lower/non leagues, who need it. 

Wouldn't mind if the rule on money distribution changed to benefit lower sides, but would need to be consistant otherwise prem clubs would be in uproar and the FA wouldn't allow it. Think it's currently 1/3 to each side and 1/3 to the FA, a change to 30/40% to FA and then the rest is split evenly if it's a same league clash, otherwise a sliding scale that benefits the smaller team more.

13 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Apparantly Man U have had there last 30+ fa cup games shown live on TV. 

Don't be surprised if every game they play in the cup is also televised. Not a Utd fan, but in the past the were an attractive attacking team and you could understand why they were televised. Now they are dull, boring, do the appeal from a spectator should lower

1 hour ago, daored said:

Don't be surprised if every game they play in the cup is also televised. Not a Utd fan, but in the past the were an attractive attacking team and you could understand why they were televised. Now they are dull, boring, do the appeal from a spectator should lower

They are a brand, not a football club in the true sense.  Their followers are probably the same w*nkers who queue outside the Apple store for the latest phone.  They just want to be associated with it for some kind of status symbol.

These aren't fans.

On 10 January 2016 at 21:58, Bar BS3 said:

Man U's game vs Blades was their 48th consecutive FA Cup tie that was shown 'live' on tv. That's every FA Cup game in which they've featured since January 2005 when they beat Exeter 0-2 in a replay...

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Man U's game vs Blades was their 48th consecutive FA Cup tie that was shown 'live' on tv. That's every FA Cup game in which they've featured since January 2005 when they beat Exeter 0-2 in a replay...

How ironic, given that what you say suggests the first game against Exeter (at Exeter if I remember correctly) wasn't on TV; a game which I'm sure most on here could understand being chosen.

1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

How ironic, given that what you say suggests the first game against Exeter (at Exeter if I remember correctly) wasn't on TV; a game which I'm sure most on here could understand being chosen.

Exeter drew at Old Trafford then lost at home in the replay.

43 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Is it possible to get a live stream of the game as I can't get back to Bristol on a Tuesday night?

There'll be streams definitely. Or if you have BT Sport, or know someone who does who is kind enough to let you have their details, you can log in and watch it on their website or app.

2 hours ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Will be on BT Sport so on that if you have it. Will also be shown in pubs etc. No idea if BT Sport have the equivalent of Sky Go, but I expect it will be available on the usual "dodgy" sites. 

BT Sport has an app like Sky Go, yes. 

Archived