IGNORED

Goal keeper

Blazeyrobins

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Judging from the reluctance of SC to give Max any praise at all and his comment after being asked if Max will play Tuesday of "what choice do I have", I would think he will be frantically phoning around to see if he can get an experienced keeper on loan if Frank is not available. He could have given Max a bit of public encouragement other than something along the lines of "aside from letting in two goals he did ok". I thought what he had to say about him was poor management. He really needs to get a grip after games or let someone else do the interviews.

He always comes across like a petulant child if we don't win , that's why so many people outside our club don't like him . 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Judging from the reluctance of SC to give Max any praise at all and his comment after being asked if Max will play Tuesday of "what choice do I have", I would think he will be frantically phoning around to see if he can get an experienced keeper on loan if Frank is not available. He could have given Max a bit of public encouragement other than something along the lines of "aside from letting in two goals he did ok". I thought what he had to say about him was poor management. He really needs to get a grip after games or let someone else do the interviews.

If that's true (and Im certainly not doubting you Cynic, I just haven't seen / heard it) then it's a complete and utter disgrace. Wtf is wrong with the bloke? Young city supporting keeper making his first team debut in front of 24k crowd in a high pressure situation. From what I could see I thought he did well. Absolute joke from SC. If he isn't happy with the goalkeeping cover its his job to sort it out. More time from SC on the running of the club and less time bitching and moaning would really help right now. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

If that's true (and Im certainly not doubting you Cynic, I just haven't seen / heard it) then it's a complete and utter disgrace. Wtf is wrong with the bloke? Young city supporting keeper making his first team debut in front of 24k crowd in a high pressure situation. From what I could see I thought he did well. Absolute joke from SC. If he isn't happy with the goalkeeping cover its his job to sort it out. More time from SC on the running of the club and less time bitching and moaning would really help right now. 

He did say all that, but his tone was obviously tongue in cheek. He was sort of chuckling when he said it.

I think Steve is pretty protective of his players and certainly won't be unhappy with any of them in the wake of that performance.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He did say all that, but his tone was obviously tongue in cheek. He was sort of chuckling when he said it.

I think Steve is pretty protective of his players and certainly won't be unhappy with any of them in the wake of that performance.

Fair play RR cheers for clarifying. Like I said didn't hear or see it myself. 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Sure he has or will had a chat with Max about his performance which he'll take far more seriously than what he says to some journalist when he's still reeling about the equaliser.

I hate his petulance and I said in the summer it wouldn't wash with our fans but come on, it's hardly got anything to do with his man management.

Although Max did really well, my slight concern would be that he performed without nerves because he didn't have time to think about it. If he's put into the first team in advance will his mind play tricks with him? Of course I don't know the young fella and he may be one of those people who don't get nervous in pressure situations like this would be at this point in his young career. Whatever, very best of luck to him, it's great to see the youngsters given a chance.

Just now, BA12RED said:

Danny Ward recalled by Liverpool? Been doing great north of the border and maybe they'd rather he played in England and knew we were interested? Wouldn't mind that at all!

Think that's more due to Bogdan being crap so they need a keeper right now.

So looks like FF maybe out a while.

WBA have a nice array of bench warmers - Foster only played once this season (i.e. Saturday), Lindegaard.

Cardiff have loanned out Joe Leiws so not avaliable and you'd imagine Moore is required for the Bench.

Just now, Tomarse said:

So looks like FF maybe out a while.

WBA have a nice array of bench warmers - Foster only played once this season (i.e. Saturday), Lindegaard.

Cardiff have loanned out Joe Leiws so not avaliable and you'd imagine Moore is required for the Bench.

God I hope not Foster, I mentioned to my friend at half time when O'Leary came on I wonder if Forster wants to play Tuesday, then he had a shocker in the second half.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Think we might have been looking to buy a permanent one sooner or later anyway

Yes, but this doesn't give us much time, does it?

Looking through the Prem, a couple of veterans who can't get a game are Speroni (as mentioned) & Davis at Southampton. Ryan Allsop (3rd choice at Bournemouth) and the Danish keeper at West Brom Tomarse said apart, there aren't too many obvious candidates..

Archived