IGNORED

Goal keeper

Blazeyrobins

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but this doesn't give us much time, does it?

Looking through the Prem, a couple of veterans who can't get a game are Speroni (as mentioned) & Davis at Southampton. Ryan Allsop (3rd choice at Bournemouth) and the Danish keeper at West Brom Tomarse said apart, there aren't too many obvious candidates..

For a short term loan 

Shay Given ?

Recently back from injury, not gonna oust Butland and needs game time thinking towards Euros

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For a short term loan 

Shay Given ?

Recently back from injury, not gonna oust Butland and needs game time thinking towards Euros

Pretty sure he's still injured.

Some Danish guy was in goal for Stoke in the FA cup with Butland sat on the bench, can't believe Given wouldn't have been at least on the bench if fit.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure he's still injured.

Some Danish guy was in goal for Stoke in the FA cup with Butland sat on the bench, can't believe Given wouldn't have been at least on the bench if fit.

Ahhhh ok ta Graham

Heard him on radio a few weeks back saying he was back training - must have had a setback 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

or maybe it's a big ploy to put off PNE - and FF is actually going to be ok?

Hope so, he's garbage!

A usually extremely reliable source at our end has said that you have had a £2 million bid turned down for Sam Johnstone and United want £3 million. This is way out of our price range so if you meet that you will likely get him.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, but this doesn't give us much time, does it?

Looking through the Prem, a couple of veterans who can't get a game are Speroni (as mentioned) & Davis at Southampton. Ryan Allsop (3rd choice at Bournemouth) and the Danish keeper at West Brom Tomarse said apart, there aren't too many obvious candidates..

True we maybe be forced to move rather than wait, but I suppose I was thinking we may have one of those irons in the fire already if we were looking. That said I guess it's a different list of keepers we might be able to sign than the list of those available for loan.

It's a shame in a way if Max doesn't play, he trains with the team so knows the defence well. I remember when Hamer came in he made some howlers in the first couple of games, we can't afford that now. I recall when Benny L gave Steve Phillips his chance (that was in the Championship) when he was a youngster and he did really well that season.

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Saw some stuff on this that we'd bid £2m but ManUre wanted £3m. Very good GK so obviously wont be coming here!! :mf_sleep:

Could be interesting tomorrow for him then. If we thrash out a deal and sign him on loan so that he can play, home dressing room. If we don't, away dressing room. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Danny Ward, Liverpool.

Can't see it being him.  He was recalled prior to Frankie's injury, and surely is cover for Mignolet, with Bogdan losing confidence.

O'Donnell, good solid keeper.  Was someone I thought we should've attempted to get in the summer before he went to Wigan.  Good shout @CITYAREREDANDWHITE

No idea if it is him though.

Just now, Atyeo Benj said:

What time does he have to sign by? Is it 12?

If it was a perm, it was midday today but on loan, I haven't a clue. Midday tomorrow? The only way any new keeper could play tomorrow is on loan and having a permanent player signing on loan seems a bit wierd but needs must eh!

We could even get our visitors to bring him down to Bristol for us. ;)

6 minutes ago, Atyeo Benj said:

I doubt he'd even consider us, Preston is his hometown and he was there last year aswell

The PNE fans seem to think Man U want a permanent deal. PNE don't, we do. 

I'm only repeating what is on their forum by the way.

Midday 41.3.2.a

Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match. 

41.3    Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his Standard Loan, Emergency Loan, Youth Loan or Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper transfer are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League: 

41.3.1    in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or 

41.3.2    in respect of any other fixture: 

(a)    12 noon on the day of the match; or 

(b)    at least three hours before the match, 

whichever is the earlier. 

Archived