IGNORED

Goal keeper

Blazeyrobins

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

According to a couple of 'papers Paul Robinson is up for grabs as a back up keeper and Forest are sniffing around him.

Now he would be a class guy to have around to help and guide Max and Frank...only 36 years old and now without a club after being released by Blackburn...

Agree with that but we need a keeper that is fit to play tonight. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I've heard you're right and he's signed on an emergency loan. Expect to see him this evening!

Interesting if true.

He was highly rated at Walsall with a number of clubs (including us) rumoured to be after him in the summer.

He chose Wigan but his time there so far hasn't gone well and he lost his place to Jaaskelainen a few months ago.

Big chance for him, I'd suggest we are looking at the goalkeeping situation anyway to avoid this happening again if Fielding got injured.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really? Presumed we'd be in for keepers at this level or above who aren't getting game time not emergency loans from L1!

But goalkeepers are different. He's playing second fiddle to Jussy Jaskaleinen (wow that's hard to spell). 

Dont lose sight of the the fact that we all thought he was a good keeper last season and many wanted him to join us from Walsall.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just read that O'Donnell is cup tied, so presumably Max O'Leary will get the West Brom game, unless we've made a permanent signing of yet another keeper by then, which is very unlikely I'd have thought.

Frank could equally be back by then. O'Donnell is indeed cup-tied.

On 11/01/2016 at 09:13, cynic said:

Judging from the reluctance of SC to give Max any praise at all and his comment after being asked if Max will play Tuesday of "what choice do I have", I would think he will be frantically phoning around to see if he can get an experienced keeper on loan if Frank is not available. He could have given Max a bit of public encouragement other than something along the lines of "aside from letting in two goals he did ok". I thought what he had to say about him was poor management. He really needs to get a grip after games or let someone else do the interviews.

Was pretty honking..thought for a young man in at the deepend Max certainly kept 'ees composure and did well.no chance with the goals.I good lad and sure he would laugh it off.would give him the oppertunity.

• Admin

Strong possibility that we'll not hear anything until the teams are announced later

Always think about our trip to Carlisle when en route it became apparent Basso was injured, then we later learned John Ruddy was to play for us - that was all kept under the radar

Mind you I do have a funny feeling Frank will be in goal tonight and it was all kidology

Archived