IGNORED

Cunningham

NewquayRed

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Him scoring is as good a summary of everything that we have done wrong since the summer.

As i said in the other thread you just couldnt make it up with himscoring, it's actually quite funny to be honest. Laughing stock we are im afraid people.

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Says a lot about how much he celebrated, especially as he ran towards the bench. A huge middle finger to Cotts for hardly playing him, selling him, now turning the tides and hitting a nail into Cotts' coffin. 

You literally cannot make it up. 

Nail on the head, clearly a point being made!

52 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Says a lot about how much he celebrated, especially as he ran towards the bench. A huge middle finger to Cotts for hardly playing him, selling him, now turning the tides and hitting a nail into Cotts' coffin. 

Pretty sure the other PNE players were restraining him from running towards Cotts. 

57 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I was absolutely fuming with Cunningham at the time for going so overboard with his celebration, he was going absolutely mental, not seen someone like that after scoring against us that I can currently remember and thought it was well overboard.  But on reflection you can kind of understand it I guess. Like you said, you can't make it up. Sums this pigs ear of a season up perfectly. 

I spoke to Greg afterwards who was very humble about his goal. I made a comment congratulating him on a rare goal but said it shouldn't have been against us though. He laughed and agreed his goals were rare. He said he was enjoying life, happy to have made the move but 'that's just the way it goes sometimes'.

Certainly not a hint of spite, malice or bad feeling from him. Said the ground looks very different and he was impressed. He spent a long time talking to many of our players too. 

To be fair he couldn't get in front of Bryan or Williams last season so off he went.

Ironically he would be playing most games for us now but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He made a footballing decision and at the time it was the right move for him.

And yes, like most fans tonight you wouldn't have known he was on the pitch except for scoring the winner.

It just about sums up our luck at the moment.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

I was absolutely fuming with Cunningham at the time for going so overboard with his celebration, he was going absolutely mental, not seen someone like that after scoring against us that I can currently remember and thought it was well overboard.  But on reflection you can kind of understand it I guess. Like you said, you can't make it up. Sums this pigs ear of a season up perfectly. 

Fair play to him for reacting like that. A manager releases him and lets him go and then he comes back to show why the manager was wrong. Must have been real vindication for the lad

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Pretty sure that in the end it transpired that it was a free transfer. I seem to remember someone on here posting a link to their forum where they were discussing it.

More to the point, what's happened to Joe Bryan so that we feel we need Cunningham now?

Joe's confidence looks shot, no conviction in his play at all. Not sure if he's instructed to but he's pinned out on the touch line not getting involved at all. And his crossing has been very poor. 

12 minutes ago, RedSA said:

More to the point, what's happened to Joe Bryan so that we feel we need Cunningham now?

Joe's confidence looks shot, no conviction in his play at all. Not sure if he's instructed to but he's pinned out on the touch line not getting involved at all. And his crossing has been very poor. 

Agree, Joe's loss of form is unbelievable. Yesterday he spent the game hiding from the ball. Last season he was quick,powerful and direct. Complete opposite this season.

10 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Pretty sure the other PNE players were restraining him from running towards Cotts. 

So that's the second player in recent weeks (Blackman being the other) that's ran towards Cotterill to celebrate a goal. What a popular manager we have.

As for Cunningham - wow that decision to let him go looks bad this morning. It didn't look great at the time but now it really does look like rank incompetence. Then again, no-one could've predicted the demise of Bryan - but we should still have signed a replacement.

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So that's the second player in recent weeks (Blackman being the other) that's ran towards Cotterill to celebrate a goal. What a popular manager we have.

As for Cunningham - wow that decision to let him go looks bad this morning. It didn't look great at the time but now it really does look like rank incompetence. Then again, no-one could've predicted the demise of Bryan - but we should still have signed a replacement.

With the benefit of hindsight, the decision to sell Cunningham to pne is a very poor one. But Cotterill is paid, handsomely, for his foresight. His judgement of players. It looks very much as though his judgement, under more pressure in this league than last year, is questionable

2 hours ago, Ray White said:

Pretty sure that in the end it transpired that it was a free transfer. I seem to remember someone on here posting a link to their forum where they were discussing it.

Maybe their forum is as knowledgeable as this one then?

10 hours ago, RedM said:

I spoke to Greg afterwards who was very humble about his goal. I made a comment congratulating him on a rare goal but said it shouldn't have been against us though. He laughed and agreed his goals were rare. He said he was enjoying life, happy to have made the move but 'that's just the way it goes sometimes'.

Certainly not a hint of spite, malice or bad feeling from him. Said the ground looks very different and he was impressed. He spent a long time talking to many of our players too. 

Judging from many PNE fans comments on Twitter, Greg has made it very clear that he had/has major issues with Cotterill. 

Archived