IGNORED

Time to Back the Manager

MarkRed!

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

It's our 6th relegation battle in 7 seasons. Sacking the manager doesn't tend to get us far. Particularly when we have such a ridiculously small squad. Upheaval halfway through the month of January isn't going to do us any good. Just need to pray the board bring in signings, or if SC does end up leaving, we'll have to get very, very lucky,

Forgot about SOD already have you?

3 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The board are clearly responsible for the strategy and direction of the club. It is wrong to simply blame the manager time and time again. We have an appalling list of managerial casualties in the last decade. It is no way to run a football club. All fans want the best but how can SC (who was being lauded less than 6 months ago) now be sacked. The results are not good enough but the team is not good enough. Sacking manager is short termism which sums up how this club has been run... He has not lost the players and the team are doing their best but they are just not good enough... I genuinely don't believe any manager could get any more out of this team. 

I have not seen the incident, but if the manager is being abused then the fans are to blame... If SC reacts, well he is only human. I would tell them to do one as well. Ironic really as some posts ago I saw people calling for Nigel Pearson - didn't he tell a fan to F off and die.... Football is a passionate game. A hostility towards the manager is not going to help anyone or the team....

Agree Board are at fault for many things.

Don't agree re players not being good enough.

Sc's 'system' is not good enough.

Bloke in crowd 'suggested' we pass better.

Sc told him the F--- off.

Then goes on Radio and say's we should have passed better...as did Wilbs.

So who's at fault there?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So you've not seen it but are calling for the fans to be banned but if SC reacts that's OK as he's only human....,

What a bizarre thought process and double standards in anyone's book

The manager is not going to swear at fans for nothing and clearly something was said to him and he was abused. If he reacts, which appears to have been the case, what is the problem. Yes, I would ban the fans. Clearly they are not angels and can dish out the verbals. Don't like taking it back though by the sounds of it.... Presumably, they weren't singing SC's name 6 months ago either, going to Wembley and enjoying the success he brought ...... such a fickle supporter base and it is best to think about the state of the club before SC arrived..... we all have very short memories indeed.

I understand the frustration, really do. I just think we should back SC and give him to the end of the season... that's all. Just an opinion. It is also my opinion that he won't be sacked by SL..... he fits into the club structure and they like him. Unless he loses the team - which aint gonna happen from what I have seen.... 

4 wins in 28 is sackable in anyone's book, this guy is not Bristol City royalty. He's said on many occasions he's squeezed out all he can from these players. Fine, then bring someone else in.  I'm seeing the same situation with Mciness developing, he gets about 3 months longer than he should of, we're about 8 points adrift, a new manager comes in but it's already too late.

Also another thing, the SC in camp are suggesting he is not to blame for the boards inept transfer dealings, on the football league tonight Clinton Morrison "jokingly" said players don't want to play under Cotterill.. He'll have mates in football, known contacts of agents, do players really want to play under SC? I highly doubt it.

Its hard to back him now. He's not helping himself or the team out, our midfield needs help. There is only so much they can do, especially when tired. They can't hold on to the ball waiting for an option to pass to because they get crowded out and lose the ball. If the simple ball to the wing back isn't on we end up putting ourself under pressure

11 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The manager is not going to swear at fans for nothing and clearly something was said to him and he was abused. If he reacts, which appears to have been the case, what is the problem. Yes, I would ban the fans. Clearly they are not angels and can dish out the verbals. Don't like taking it back though by the sounds of it.... Presumably, they weren't singing SC's name 6 months ago either, going to Wembley and enjoying the success he brought ...... such a fickle supporter base and it is best to think about the state of the club before SC arrived..... we all have very short memories indeed.

I understand the frustration, really do. I just think we should back SC and give him to the end of the season... that's all. Just an opinion. It is also my opinion that he won't be sacked by SL..... he fits into the club structure and they like him. Unless he loses the team - which aint gonna happen from what I have seen.... 

Jeeeez

lets hope you never get selected for a jury !

Add a bit of guesswork, presumption and 'must of' and you almost create a defence to suit 

and you'd ban the fans ????

Doesnt fit very well with the evidence !!!

very strange thought process IMO

Cotts view of the world - he was let down over the summer, he knows the squad is to thin, he is getting the very best out of them, they are all giving their best. 

There is some truth in all of that. I suspect most of us will never know exactly what happened over the summer. Maybe if we had pulled the two signings off that were mentioned we would have picked up a few more points and be ok. 

The gut feel however is that the players Sc has identified are a very short list entitled 'forwards'. It is like he has got to 'big school' and suddenly started chatting up all the sixth formers thinking he is in with a shout! We may have missed our big targets, but where were our small targets?

Preston have brought in three new players this window. They rested some in the cup. We could not as Cotts does not trust any of them, or if players are brought in, he will not play them as they are not 'his' kind of player. Our first team looks exhausted, with confidence draining by the day. Burns gets on as a wing back.

He may not have some of the players he wants, and maybe some of that is not down to him. He could have plenty of other players however. Some we have got in then seem very keen to get away again. 

I could weep tears of frustration, as all we need to do is bring in right now some competent players, playing a system they understand, and do a bit better than MK! I do not buy the wages argument. I do not buy we cannot compete. It increasingly looks like Cotts frankly is so convinced he is right he can see no other way.

Give this committed group of players a chsnce. Build a squad, play a system that means we increase our chances of recruiting to it, and we may still have a chance. If he cannot do that, the only variable that can be changed is him.

3 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

City fans are forever hounding out managers, sometimes justified and sometimes not. We also seem to be hounding prospective signings on twitter which is even more pathetic. BOTTOM LINE is that the board are responsible and they are anonymous by their silence. 

We have struggled this season but what did people expect. SL talks about push for PL next season but where is the evidence that that is realistic. The team is not good enough and needed reinforcing in the summer and now - fact. They have not done it and have allowed the playing squad to be decimated. Result - sack the manager. No, sorry, don't buy this when the manager is not in control and is working to a club structure. 

Sacking SC won't make a jot of difference and will simply lead to more instability. He must be given the season. If we get relegated then a considered appraisal of the season is required.  A poisonous atmosphere at the gate is the last thing we need, so if fans don't back SC and the team, don't go to games, because until they strengthen they will struggle to get points. The fans who abused SC, should be identified and banned.

Apparently SC wasn't abused, an eye witness has stated on here that he was not sworn at or abused, his brand of football was questioned out of frustration.That's worth a ban to you?

And I don't agree we as fans are '...forever hounding out managers...'

I think Bristol City fans have shown remarkable restraint, patience and support for the vast majority of the four decades I've supported them.

We don't orchestrate sustained campaigns to get rid of our managers like fans such as the Geordies do. They even launched a website to gain support for the sacking of Alan Pardew, they gave out leaflets at games and consistently displayed anti Pardew banners etc. Bet they wish he was still with them now!

Have you ever witnessed this sort of sustained behaviour at The Gate? No you haven't...

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jeeeez

lets hope you never get selected for a jury !

Add a bit of guesswork, presumption and 'must of' and you almost create a defence to suit 

and you'd ban the fans ????

Doesnt fit very well with the evidence !!!

very strange thought process IMO

Thanks BobBobSuperBob! It is a difficult situation. I dont think there is any need for verbal abuse towards a double winning manager howsoever that arises.... we can all articulate our views far better and it just creates a very hostile atmosphere. I hear players have also made gestures to the fans. I dont really understand that as it was only last night that I felt fans were turning on the team in some quarters.... All is not well....

Archived