IGNORED

Should the board act Now

KeepUpLino

Time for another Poll   

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Because everyday I like to be reminded how clueless you are with your personal agenda, It's also good to have contact with bottom scale of football knowledge , so if you don't mind I will keep shaking my head in disbelief at the comical  content of your worthless posts !

Haha....Ive played football since i was 6 including county football for 2 years representing Avon then a decent standard until my knees gave way 7 years ago at 29... People like you are hilarious, you sit there on the sidelines thinking you understand the game and you've probably never even touched a ball...

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Hardly a fairly worded question. You cannot guarantee someone else would save the season as much as none of us know SC mighty do either.  It's simple yes or no, no more required. 

I personally would have suggested he went after the Fulham result. However now it's too late IMO 

Indeed Fulham at home for me was a perfect time. Would have caused uproar amongst the happy clappers but im farly confident had we got rid then and brought in a manager with a decent record at this level we wouldnt be where we are now.

Let's keep personal digs out of this please everybody. Yes we are all feeling it at the moment but this isn't helping.

*I'm only trying to prevent a lot of moving and merging into the bitching thread, don't make me do a load of work.

55 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Lets not make this personal!!

Well you make it personal constantly against Cotterill.

As he is unable to defend himself on here I don't see why I cant make it personal against you.

So we can just keep slugging away and let's see who has the most resolve.

I know who I'd back. :P

21 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Haha....Ive played football since i was 6 including county football for 2 years representing Avon then a decent standard until my knees gave way 7 years ago at 29... People like you are hilarious, you sit there on the sidelines thinking you understand the game and you've probably never even touched a ball...

It's always bad when you reveal your hand. You've got a pair of kings. It's looks good to you, but little do you know what hand the other person is holding. All of a sudden... Bang... Straight flush...

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

As he is unable to defend himself on here I don't see why I cant make it personal against you.

I don't doubt that Nick... If everyone had the same opinion this world would be a bloody boring place!

1 hour ago, John Galley said:

What the board need to do is pay the wages that championship players demand. Unfortunately this should have been done in the summer, in the Football January Sales everything goes up not down. Changing the manager will make no difference as the problem will still exist, it's not as if the players aren't playing for Cott's that was evidence at West Brom.

Some reality in this post!

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It's always bad when you reveal your hand. You've got a pair of kings. It's looks good to you, but little do you know what hand the other person is holding. All of a sudden... Bang... Straight flush...

Haha not really, its quite sad when people result to personal insults.... i'm not gonna lie i'm shattered..

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

It's a forum to discuss all things BCFC, and no ones opinion is more important. The forum is you debate the post, not the poster - if you cannot be civil and keep to the forum rules put him on ignore .

12 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Good Lord, man.  I can only assume from the majority of your posts that you are a grown adult.  Have you really lived so sheltered a life that you're unable to fathom the concept that someone might disagree with you without having some sort of personal agenda?  It's absurd and nonsensical to claim that Keepupolino or any other poster have some sort of agenda simply because they happen to feel the manager of a team in the relegation zone is underperforming.

Everyone who posts on here is a Bristol City fan and I don't believe there's anyone who posts on here who doesn't want what's best for the club.  It's completely daft for any supporter to appoint themselves as some sort of shining knight to stick up for a manager who is a grown man fully capable of speaking for himself via the media. It's equally daft for certain supporters to feel that their support is somehow more valid or genuine than other supporters just because those other supporters disagree with them.  As others have said, it's quite easy to ignore threads or posts you disagree with and, if you really find you lack the willpower to do that, there is a perfectly adequate ignore function to do the job for you.  

It's absolutely ridiculous  to start getting into petty criticisms of individuals rather than debating the points raised in posts.  And frankly, as soon a poster accuses another poster of having an 'agenda', all that tells me is that poster has run out of actual arguments to refute the points being raised.  Can people put aside this nonsense about agendas and making things personal & actually discuss the issues at hand?  It turns out the football team we support isn't doing too well at the moment and I wish people would focus on that rather than inter-fan squabbles.

Would like us to stay up with Cotts but to me at the moment, things can change quickly in football, we don't really have time, it seems unlikely. People can speculate about new players and managers that would be desperate to manage us but the answer lies within, Wade Elliott. 

He knows the club and players well and might well have the answers in keeping us up with what we've got with just a tweak here and there. Maybe a big gamble. 

I think Borough on Saturday with the fans on the brink will decide Cotts fate. 

COYR

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Sacking him now will almost guarantee no new players in this window. We will go down without a whimper unless we get some reinforcements.

Which he's been awesome at hasn't he,

Whos to say Pearson a well respected and connected successful championship manager wouldn't have 4/5 players to solve our problems, alternatively we could let SC fail a little more and completely screw up next seasons morale........which will be in league one.

the situation is a joke and he should have been gone months ago when there was a chance of survival very much on the cards,

Absolutely ridiculous to consider sacking Cotterill during the transfer window, especially as the players, of whom we don't have enough, are playing for him . Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is that anyone thinking of making a change at this stage is brainless, and doesn't understand football. We have an anxious, cautious, negative support. Look at the league tables - any of them over the last 100 years. If we buy wisely in the next 18 days we will stay up- because the players are playing for the manager. We don't have to be much good to gain 2 points more than MK Dons!

It's a case of damned if you do or damned if you don't. 

As an expat I listen to the radio and televised games. Apart from the obvious games were we got well and truly beaten, it seems we are in games for long periods, but switch off at crucial times. A rather simplistic view I agree, but I still think Cotts instills a compete level where we just need a couple of games to go right for us.

If Cotts has to go I really think we should be aiming at the highest level of manager possible. Surely our board and owner can put a package together to attract the best proven managers available.  

Without sounding too disparaging to SC, the problem in getting  these players over the line and signed might be down to him. 

As a football club we need to cast that managerial net wider and get the highest profile manager possible.

Those  fence siting players might just see us as a viable career option.

Stevo

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

I do believe we will stick with SC and rightly so HOWEVER to stop all these almost daily posts and undoubted fears it is TIME FOR;

You Steve l  to issue a rallying, calming, message to all fans at our/your club as soon as possible; SATURDAY 2.30PM WILL DO, CENTRE CIRCLE...GO FOR IT

Who is Steve I?

11 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Do you want to put your money where your mouth is??

You have this seriously got this one wrong.... I will bet you anything you want that you are wrong about @robin4ever!!

So name the value of the bet..... and when I win I will donate it to charity on your behalf.

I will even let you pick the charity!!

Over to you.......

13 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Do you want to put your money where your mouth is??

You have this seriously got this one wrong.... I will bet you anything you want that you are wrong about @robin4ever!!

So name the value of the bet..... and when I win I will donate it to charity on your behalf.

I will even let you pick the charity!!

Over to you.......

This is getting very petty and childish now and your simply adding to it... I've already been called stupid by the man above and don't wish to continue this as I'll only end up getting a ban.. I've done well to contain myself this far..

Put me down for some money for charity by all means though... PM me and I'll donate to Dorothy house where my fathers last days were made much easier by the unbelievable nurses and staff who worked there...

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

This is getting very petty and childish now and your simply adding to it... I've already been called stupid by the man above and don't wish to continue this as I'll only end up getting a ban.. I've done well to contain myself this far..

Put me down for some money for charity by all means though... PM me and I'll donate to Dorothy house where my fathers last days were made much easier by the unbelievable nurses and staff who worked there...

Welcome to OTIB...... ;)

PM to be sent.

Archived