IGNORED

Radio Bristol have just said...

CodeRed

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

that they have contacted the club and asked for someone to come on RB and be interviewed about the situation......and the club'd response was that there is no one available to do this.

unbelievable - only at Bristol City

Maybe they are busy sorting out a new manger !! Hardly unbelievable

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

that they have contacted the club and asked for someone to come on RB and be interviewed........and the club'd response was that there is no one available to do this.

unbelievable - only at Bristol City

Surprised they didn't put David Lloyd forward.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it is a bit strange that no one can possibly spend 5 mins talking to the local radio station.. Doesn't have to be SL 

time and a place. Sure quick appointment to be made soon and plenty of chances then to ask questions. Lets just get the new manger in first. Time of the essence!

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

time and a place. Sure quick appointment to be made soon and plenty of chances then to ask questions. Lets just get the new manger in first. Time of the essence!

I don't think it takes every single board member to be searching for a new manager. All that's required for RB is a 5 minute QnA about it.. Arguably they have a responsibility to do it anyway.

We have to remember that English football is largely in the hands of those who feel that their only accountability is to their own egos

Roll,on the day when City are a truly community run club answerable to its supporters and the wider community, including local radio

You'd have to ask what the media team are doing…RB has Adam Baker's number, there's Lisa Knights…can't imagine either of them are engaged in recruiting a new manager.

But the truth is, the powers that be don't consider themselves answerable and won't want to bother...

6 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Although understandable due to obviously being busy, the amount of time and money all of the supporters put into the club you'd think they could get someone to give us a bit of information, David Lloyd?

For the last time Lloyd is paid by Bristol Sport who have NOTHING to do with footballing matters at AG.

Anyone care to defend the board here over Cotterill, who faced the questions and criticism over a lack of strengthening while they remained largely silent, bar one interview where SL completely undermined his manager? He did not get the backing. Fact. The board are spineless. This is just another example.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Anyone care to defend the board here over Cotterill, who faced the questions and criticism over a lack of strengthening while they remained largely silent, bar one interview where SL completely undermined his manager? He did not get the backing. Fact. The board are spineless. This is just another example.

No. Opinion.  Did SL completely undermine SC or was it the other way around?  Why believe one over the other?  We can theorise all we like, but only a select few people know the truth, and the fact is that it's unlikely that (m)any of those people are on here.  

All we know for sure is that they were not singing from the same hymn sheet.

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

No. Opinion.  Did SL completely undermine SC or was it the other way around?  Why believe one over the other?  We can theorise all we like, but only a select few people know the truth, and the fact is that it's unlikely that (m)any of those people are on here.  

I'm not theorising anything. People talk.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I'm not theorising anything. People talk.

I could do plenty of talking...doesn't make any of it true.  Unless you're directly involved in the running of the club anything else is hearsay.

I'm not taking one side over the other, I just don't state things as fact unless I know them to be true.  Could be SC didn't get the backing, could be he did. I don't know.  But putting "fact" into a post does not make it so!

39 minutes ago, cynic said:

They probably haven't had time to get their story straight so everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

It probably came as a shock to everyone outside of the board room.

One wrong word and it could open up a can of worms.

This is undoubtedly correct. Adam Baker didn't sack Cotts, so before he or any of the media team can comment they will need to be briefed and an agreed form of words settled on.

Particularly if this wasn't planned, but cones in the wake of some big bust-up.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This is undoubtedly correct. Adam Baker didn't sack Cotts, so before he or any of the media team can comment they will need to be briefed and an agreed form of words settled on.

Particularly if this wasn't planned, but cones in the wake of some big bust-up.

I agree,  I also think there was a bust up between the board and SC, probably over the fact that he couldn't get the players he wanted because of the capped wages policy. I am not ITK, but IMO that is what happened.

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I could do plenty of talking...doesn't make any of it true.  Unless you're directly involved in the running of the club anything else is hearsay.

I'm not taking one side over the other, I just don't state things as fact unless I know them to be true.  Could be SC didn't get the backing, could be he did. I don't know.  But putting "fact" into a post does not make it so!

Depends who you talk to then doesn't it!

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

You certainly like to - but never actually back it up with anything in numerous posts now.

What else do you want me to say? There's plenty of stuff in the public eye which backs up what I say. I'm not going to go into explicit private detail over how I've heard these things.

On a slightly different note, I was listening to SAM FM this morning, and the breakfast presenter was saying the SC won't be missed by any of the media.

Apparently, SC belittled them a lot in front of other reporters and has even taken a couple of seasoned reporters outside and had a massive slanging and shouting match with them !!

I do wonder if SC has overstepped the mark one too many times recently?

Archived