IGNORED

Radio Bristol have just said...

CodeRed

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Particularly if this wasn't planned, but cones in the wake of some big bust-up.

I reckon Cotterills dismissal was planned and had been so for a number of weeks.

The two final nails in his coffin was Tuesday defeat and the bust-up with the fans. That was game over for him.

Should a new man be appointed quickly then we'll all know that it was indeed planned.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This is undoubtedly correct. Adam Baker didn't sack Cotts, so before he or any of the media team can comment they will need to be briefed and an agreed form of words settled on.

Particularly if this wasn't planned, but cones in the wake of some big bust-up.

Agreed Robbo, but they've had all night to work out what they'd say to the media today and in the absence of an official line on Cotts departure they allow everyone to speculate. 

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

On a slightly different note, I was listening to SAM FM this morning, and the breakfast presenter was saying the SC won't be missed by any of the media.

Apparently, SC belittled them a lot in front of other reporters and has even taken a couple of seasoned reporters outside and had a massive slanging and shouting match with them !!

I do wonder if SC has overstepped the mark one too many times recently?

He fell out with reporters more last season. At least some of them weren't 'seasoned'. He passionately defended his squad and was spiky if he felt they were being threatened by questions. Some of the best managers in history have done the same, so I wouldn't pass it off as a bad tactic.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

He fell out with reporters more last season. At least some of them weren't 'seasoned'. He passionately defended his squad and was spiky if he felt they were being threatened by questions. Some of the best managers in history have done the same, so I wouldn't pass it off as a bad tactic.

Of course.

...I am speculating that, "maybe", he went too far on this occasion? Maybe it was to do with the Clough transfer? Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I reckon Cotterills dismissal was planned and had been so for a number of weeks.

The two final nails in his coffin was Tuesday defeat and the bust-up with the fans. That was game over for him.

Should a new man be appointed quickly then we'll all know that it was indeed planned.

It's a bit of a conspiracy theory Robbored but I'm inclined to agree with you. A relaxation of the wage structure will be all the proof we need.

This goes back quite a while I reckon.

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

...I am speculating that, "maybe", he went too far on this occasion? Maybe it was to do with the Clough transfer? Who knows.

His spiky demeanour internally was what lost him the day, but from people who couldn't hack it. You'd think the players' opinions mattered more, but evidently not.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Not to come out and represent the opinions of the people who fired SC when they would have had nothing to do with it.

Really?

I do this every day at work. 

Represent my organisation and explain corporate decisions that are made at a more senior level than me.

It is not uncommon.

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Idiot on RB now saying Bristol is a rugby city, not a football city.

What with their 5k - 6k crowds ?

Laughable.

Well, that's what you get if you don't put anyone up to be interviewed…you let other people set the agenda.

The job of a media department is to manage the agenda...

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

I do this every day at work. 

Represent my organisation and explain corporate decisions that are made at a more senior level than me.

It is not uncommon.

They put out the statement - no one wants to hear from Adam Baker about why the decision was made. If anyone is coming out, it should be someone from the board.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

We have to remember that English football is largely in the hands of those who feel that their only accountability is to their own egos

Roll,on the day when City are a truly community run club answerable to its supporters and the wider community,

Once the ground is finished and all paid for. Oh, and a few more million chucked at someone to score goals

Don't know why anybody is surprised, remember when they disgracefully sent Cotterill out alone to face the press when he was announced City manager?

If I remember rightly Lansdown then made some pathetic comment about how they didn't put any board members up to speak to the press as they felt they'd taken too much criticism over that period. If you didnt laugh you'd cry. 

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

that they have contacted the club and asked for someone to come on RB and be interviewed about the situation......and the club'd response was that there is no one available to do this.

unbelievable - only at Bristol City

In fairness they've probably got bigger fish to fry just now .

Archived