IGNORED

POLL FOR NEW BOSS - THE SEARCH BEGINS

havanatopia

The New Manager  

458 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

How the hell is Terry Butcher not on that list??

Name in home country: Terence Ian Butcher
Date of birth: Dec 28, 1958
Place of birth: Singapur  Singapore
Nationality: England  England
ø term as coach: 1,63 Years
Points per match as manager: 1,37
Success rate as coach: 37,3 % Wins
24,7 % Draw
38,0 % Losses
Trainer licence : UEFA Pro licence
Preferred formation: 4-4-2

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Would any mods be able to shine a light as to why viewing who voted for who appears not to be working? Anybody else notice that? I am sure i ticked that box. 

Happening in the prediction thread too, hav. Seems to only be new polls in the past couple of days - older ones still load correctly. Maybe only works when we have a manager in place? You know, otherwise 'names' won't come...

• The topic was pinned

Defiantly want someone ENGLISH as I remember when Benny was here and we imported a lot of journeymen foreigners,as you can see the higher you go the less nationals you have in the team until you get to the point of supporting the token UK national in the team.

Loved it yesterday with three Bristol lads in the team,what other team at our level can boast that ?

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 14:37, City169 said:

Don't think Tisdale would necessarily be a step back, but our position makes him too much of a risk. 

If we were a mid table side looking for a new manager I'd be happy for us to go for Tisdale, especially with him trying to build a long term set up.

That is the problem in a nutshell with Tisdale. Long term, is something he will not be allowed. How many managers have we dumped in the last six years ? Is it 8 ?  Our fans are so fickle that any appointment will only be allowed time as long as he's winning. Tisdale has  been at Exeter 10 years and has not ripped up any trees In that time. 

10 minutes ago, fatchers said:

That is the problem in a nutshell with Tisdale. Long term, is something he will not be allowed. How many managers have we dumped in the last six years ? Is it 8 ?  Our fans are so fickle that any appointment will only be allowed time as long as he's winning. Tisdale has  been at Exeter 10 years and has not ripped up any trees In that time. 

he did take Team Bath, a university team, to the FA Cup first round, entering in the preliminary round, and then got them 4 promotions. At exeter he got them promoted at the second attempt, losing in the playoff final in his first season. He then took them straight up to league 1 in the next season, all while having to sell their brightest prospects and better players. Sure they have been relegated since, but they are still in a position where they can rapidly climb into playoff spots on a good run, being just 5 points behind Accrington in 7th

On 15 January 2016 at 11:19, LondonBristolian said:

I'd obviously go for Moyes if he said yes.but don't believe he would.  Of more realistic options, I'd be happy with Garry Monk or Di Matteo.  Or indeed Chris Powell.  In terms of leftfield options that are showing up on the bookies' lists, I'm a bit intrigued by Jaap Stam and wonder if the board should interview him and see if they like what he has to say.  Pearson'd be interesting but it'd basically be signing the closest thing we could find to a carbon copy of Cotterill and it'd make me wonder about the logic of replacing him in the first place. 

I'm massively against Warnock for one reason alone, which is that I'm aware he doesn't sign or play young players for the future because he only wants players who'll make him look good in the short-term rather than building clubs for the long-term.  I also think we need someone who's more of a head coach than a conventional control-all manager.

Monk didn't fancy coming to us when he was a player so why should we now have him as manager.

Better options available as he just inherited a Swansea Team with some momentum that still had some very good players before they sold them on for huge profits.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Other

1. Lars Lagerbäck 2. Mark Cooper 

You have mentioned this fella Lagerback, I don't know maybe 45 times over the past 12 months, so for once you deserve some sort of riposte.. the guy has only ever managed at national team level so has no experience, whatsoever, of club football. That does not mean he would be a failure but he sounds a scarier version of Benny if you ask me so, in short, he is way too risky as much as you obviously have shares in him. His PPG is not bad but not revolutionary given its relatively few games and, again, international matches only.

Sorry bud... he will not be managing our club anytime soon if ever.

Name in home country: Lars Edvin Lagerbäck
Date of birth: Jul 16, 1948
Place of birth: Katrineholm  Sweden
Nationality: Sweden  Sweden
ø term as coach: 4,73 Years
Points per match as manager: 1,52
Success rate as coach: 43,8 % Wins
21,1 % Draw
35,2 % Losses
Preferred formation: 4-4-2

7 hours ago, City169 said:

he did take Team Bath, a university team, to the FA Cup first round, entering in the preliminary round, and then got them 4 promotions. At exeter he got them promoted at the second attempt, losing in the playoff final in his first season. He then took them straight up to league 1 in the next season, all while having to sell their brightest prospects and better players. Sure they have been relegated since, but they are still in a position where they can rapidly climb into playoff spots on a good run, being just 5 points behind Accrington in 7th

He did indeed. Played directly against him around that time, good player. Good lad to if I remember correctly. Does deserve a chance at a higher level. Just unfortunately think we are crying out for a bigger name at the min. 

On 15/01/2016 at 10:58, havanatopia said:

In my humble opinion City need to appoint a high profile manager, who has a decent points per game ratio, preferably has a formation preference similar to what we have now but is flexible and intelligent enough to know we need to change it if need be and have the players to adapt. The new manager also has to have at the very least Championship, or higher level, experience but does not necessarily need to have experience of managing in England. A combination of all of the above and with the ability to give city that bounce usually experienced when a new manager comes in are, I would say pre-requisites.

That said, I do not believe in any way shape or form that Steve Cotterill lost the dressing room. I think he had a very tight knit unit and I am personally very sad to see him go. Why now? I can only assume something tilted the board in the last 48-72 hours otherwise why make the change half way through a transfer window; the powers that be had their hand played for them otherwise they would not have acted. My view.

I wish SC all the best and thank him for the fabulous work he did at the club; his legacy here is assured.

I would go with Moyes or a foreign coach, perhaps di Matteo, probably one who can demonstrate fast recruitment of players that will keep us up.

Tisdale's points record is poor and he has no experience at this level. Why Monk is being touted is a mystery to me; I included both here only to show their points tally and to see how many will vote for them; they are way too inexperienced. Redknapp and Warnock are omitted because they are past their best in my view. Both have an approximately 1.5 points average.. impressive given the number of games they have managed and they might just be short term options. I have also omitted Paulo di Canio because he might be a rather divisive figure. 

Some of the perhaps lesser known names on this list should in my view be considered.

I would just add that Rodgers is the only one with a preferred 3 at the back formation. di Matteo's stats are impressive and just edges it for me over Moyes but I would be happy with many of the names on this list.

Please note according to the source below only Paul Tisdale is currently in a manager's job. All others are apparently available, have been out of a job for less than 2 years and are all, with the exception of Monk, on higher than average points per game ratios.

Source for my stats:- www.transfermarkt.com so I am relying on that site for accuracy.

You seem to have mistaken us for a high-profile club

5 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

You seem to have mistaken us for a high-profile club

This currently is the highest profile job available in English football largely because it is the only one. There are many managers out of work so those two factors alone make this a very attractive proposition. And that does not take into account the money behind the club, the new stadium, the 6th or 7th largest city in the land, the latent support. I think enough said.

10 hours ago, Simon79 said:

He did indeed. Played directly against him around that time, good player. Good lad to if I remember correctly. Does deserve a chance at a higher level. Just unfortunately think we are crying out for a bigger name at the min. 

Don't disagree with that, if we weren't in a relegation fight I wouldn't have minded us going for him though 

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

This currently is the highest profile job available in English football largely because it is the only one. There are many managers out of work so those two factors alone make this a very attractive proposition. And that does not take into account the money behind the club, the new stadium, the 6th or 7th largest city in the land, the latent support. I think enough said.

If all of those things are a factor (not including the first one), why can't we attract any decent players?

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

If all of those things are a factor (not including the first one), why can't we attract any decent players?

That is an entirely different scenario, I would argue. Perhaps one of the reasons or problems was SC and of course league position. Fairly obvious I would have thought.