IGNORED

POLL: Directors of the Football Club - should they be sacked?

NickJ

Directors of Bristol City Football Club  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the official statement, Keith Dawe appears to claim on behalf of "the organisation" share of the credit for Cotterill's success over 18 months, but does not seem to acknowledge any blame for the failure of the past 5 months.

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time.

“Sadly, since the highs of last March and May things have not gone our way on the pitch and Steve has now left the club.”

So, your board of directors of Bristol City Football Club, the "organisation":

Keith Dawe

Doug Hardman

Ernie Aarathoon

Jon Lansdown

Should they go with Cotterill?

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Keith Dawe didn't write the statement though

It's presented in the club statement as a quote from him….and whilst I know, having written and been quoted in such things, that he may not have actually said the words, they're nonetheless attributed to him.

(as Nick says above!)

We don't know enough to know the ins and outs of what's happened.  Anyone who wants to start a lynch mob based on rumour, speculation, fragments snippets from inside the club that lack the full picture and reading between the lines of press releases is a fool rushing blindly into things they know nothing about and gets zero sympathy or agreement from me.

Certainly I think last season the manager and board worked brilliantly together to get the players we need in and getting them playing well.  This season it hasn't worked.  And we don't know the reasons for that or where blame lies.  So it'd be stupid to answer one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Eugene Victor Tooms said:

Who exactly is going to do this sacking?  For what it's worth Cotts was employed to produce the business on the pitch and this season has failed.  Does it have to be any more complicated than that?

Not if you think the 4 directors are appropriately qualified to run our football club.

My view Nick, for what it's worth, is that our pitifully thin Board of Directors will be going nowhere because they serve the purpose of our majority shareholder very well…they do what he wants them to do. 

Merely listing their names highlights how slim the experience at the top of the club is.

Statement will have been written by the club or bristol sport communications officer, who definitely could have done a better job. 

Ultimately if we oust the board, who would come in? Andrew Billingham? Gareth Chilcott? Scott Davidson? John Cleese?!?!

I have no idea what other local businessmen or women would want anything to do with running this shambles.

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

In the official statement, Keith Dawe appears to claim on behalf of "the organisation" share of the credit for Cotterill's success over 18 months, but does not seem to acknowledge any blame for the failure of the past 5 months.

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time.

“Sadly, since the highs of last March and May things have not gone our way on the pitch and Steve has now left the club.”

Keith Dawe

Doug Hardman

Ernie Aarathoon

Jon Lansdown

Lansdown and Dawe should go. I don't see that they have done anything for our club. We will never know if Cotts had the support of signing the papers or if the signing approvals above him refused to approve. Either way there is a total mistrust in the actions of the Board. We need fresh faces who can run business and WHO KNOWS FOOTBALL.

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Direct experience" in football in what area?

Someone like Francis Lee at Man City one presumes.  Club legend who became chairman.  No-one could dispute his football knowledge or experience.  That worked well as I recall.  Admittedly he'd left by the time they went to Wembley and won the League One play-off final but he got them into a position where they were ready to do so.  A football man like that would solve all our problems. 

2 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Lansdown and Dawe should go. I don't see that they have done anything for our club. We will never know if Cotts had the support of signing the papers or if the signing approvals above him refused to approve. Either way there is a total mistrust in the actions of the Board. We need fresh faces who can run business and WHO KNOWS FOOTBALL.

Appointed SC and provided him with the funds and budget to win the double last year...... Overseeing the stadium development.......yea, nothing!

And your right, we will never know the facts behind the transfer dealings.....doesn't stop the likes of you making your own mind up and slag off the board

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So someone who's played the game? Or just someone who's been involved in a different club?

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Either.

There's a bloke living in BS8 who has played for his country, in Serie A and for Man U.

He has then managed at our current level and in Scotland, coached at a higher level and has connections throughout the game and commands respect both here and in Italy.

He knows more about football than our board ever will, so having him as an adviser seems to me so obvious a move that the only reason we haven't done it is because we're run by a cosy club of mediocrities.

48 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Keith Dawe

Doug Hardman

Ernie Aarathoon

Jon Lansdown

So how would you go about 'sacking the Board' ?

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

OK then I've gone with One or more directors should be sacked but not all...

The directors have to take some of the blame for this seasons shambles!!

We`re the same...............................ish

Archived