IGNORED

Prediction League: Middlesbrough (H)

RedYoshi

Bristol City v Middlesbrough  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SO LONG.

FAREWELL.

AUF WIEDERSEHEN, GOODBYE.

Well. Crikey. So that's happened.

No points if you predicted it, but certainly makes the rest of the season less predictable.

Enough comment elsewhere - let's roll on to wishing for a win tomorrow.

Vote in the poll for:

Result

Scoreline

Half-time scoreline

First goalscorer

Specify in a post (if desired):

Other goalscorers

Goal timings

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Next Head Manager Coach

Yes, a one off special, the result of which may not be decided for weeks to come... So much speculation around, you may as well get some points for it.

Correct choice: 3 points

Time of appointment: 2 points

N.B. For "time of appointment" you don't need to put a specific date or time (though feel free if you have a vivid premonition of epic proportions), but instead suggest between which matches it will happen. So "after West Brom game", or "before Birmingham at home, having beat Leeds by four", or "after the QPR match, during a glorious heatwave that started at the moment we clinched our place in the playoffs thanks to Elliot and Pemberton's magical powers".

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE WEEKEND

Derby v Birmingham

As if we care about anyone else right now. But hey. 2 points as per.

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 15.00 GMT, Saturday 16th January, 2016

The King is dead. Long live the King.

City 4-3 Borororororororororororororororoorororororororororo

Kodjia 22          Stuani 59

Wilbs 56            Fabbrini 78

Agard 68          Albert 90

Flint 90

Jose Mouriniho

Just after we win the Champions league

Derby 2-1 Brum

Hmmm, actually

Tisdale 

I don't know who we're playing after West Brom but after the game that follows west brom.

15 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

First goalscorer

Adomah

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Next Head Manager Coach

Yes, a one off special, the result of which may not be decided for weeks to come... So much speculation around, you may as well get some points for it.

Correct choice: 3 points

David Moyes ( Nigel Pearson for 1 point please and Roberto di Martinez for 1/2 a point ? - just asking like )

Time of appointment: 2 points

N.B. For "time of appointment" you don't need to put a specific date or time (though feel free if you have a vivid premonition of epic proportions), but instead suggest between which matches it will happen. So "after West Brom game", or "before Birmingham at home, having beat Leeds by four", or "after the QPR match, during a glorious heatwave that started at the moment we clinched our place in the playoffs thanks to Elliot and Pemberton's magical powers".

Announced on the pitch during the Baggies match

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE WEEKEND

Derby v Birmingham

As if we care about anyone else right now. But hey. 2 points as per.

2-1

Where is your updated league table Yosh? I guess you have been too busy. its OK but I hope you washed down the hull of your Caribbean sloop before flying back to Chicago; we don't want pesky molluscs damaging the drag coefficient.

Hmm... @Tomarse, any idea why the poll isn't displaying which posters voted for each option..? Only happening on this one, previous threads are still fine. Noticed it in one of the manager polls yesterday as well..

Is it something my end, or something I'm doing? Definitely set it to public votes as per, but it now just loads the dialog box without any content.

Any help much appreciated, 'cos else I'm scuppered!

Hopefully, @havanatopia, at least a partial update will be published today. As my poll based (not Graham) issues above illustrate, I am flicking through the last predictions of Cotterill's reign as we speak.

City 1-0 Boro (Kodjia 12')

Nigel Pearson spotted in the stands against West Brom leading to wild excitement and 50 pages worth of thread that night, so much so that no one actually notices what the score was in the end. Then an ominous silence from the club all day Weds leads to much angst and 40 pages demanding SL pays whatever it takes if he's got any ambition, including writing him into his will if necessary, 30 pages saying it's clearly not going to happen and never was, decrying Nigel as a money-grabbing mercenary, and 100 pages commenting on how many pages this thread has got to already, and predicting how many it will end up at before he doesn't sign (actually that could be a good idea for a #BEFTP @RedYoshi - how many pages will the eventual new manager thread end up at? Or if we actually sign a player?)

Then Appleton appointed on Thursday.

Wildcard: Derby 2-0 Birmingham

Well, that passed a bus journey.

Wade & Pembo's Eleven 1 - 0 Jimmy Krankie's 'Boro

Kodjia 11 (ht: 1-0)

El-Abd brought on for Kodjia in 12 minute are we then park the Peter Carol bus for 78 minutes, to clinch our first double of the season.

You couldn't make it up.

New Manager:  Roberto Di Matteo, appointed in front of the City fans on Tuesday before the game against his previous employers!

Derby 3 - 0 Brum

Not expecting many if any points for my guesses.

Middlesbro' 3 City 1

H/T 0-1

FGS Downing 10

Other Goalscorers: Freeman 33, Albert the Great 51, 80

New manager: Cotterill reinstated after furious fan reaction inside AG against Middlesbro'. Other than that, really don't care atm.

Appointed between M'Bro and W. Brom games.

Wlidcard: Dery 2 Brum 1

Easy to see a capitulation coming, but I don't like the easy option, and neither should our players. A strong reaction to come I think. Not quite strong enough for the double, but a single vodka with a 2-2 chaser should do the trick.

BRISTOL CITY 2-2 MIDDLESBROUGH

(0-0)

1st half

Crowd up for it. Players a bit flat. Backs against the wall but hold out. Grow into it slightly in the last 10 minutes or so. Bas Savage spotted in the corporate area. Photographic evidence at odd angles gets posted, and everyone panics that he may be the next manager.

Apart from me. I lie back with a cigar, and smile. Bas bloody Savage. Yes please. It's an entertainment business after all, right?

2nd half

Adomah 54' - Cotts leaves, Albert returns, and sticks a ball shaped knife through the already delicate hearts of thousands of City supporters. Genuinely hugs an inconsolable fan in way of apology.

Burns 70' - He'll definitely get on, he'll definitely score. As long as you don't assign the usual meaning to the word "definitely". Hearts show sign of recovery. Our hearts, not the Scottish football club.

Agard 79' - The blind see, the paralysed walk, the City fan smiles. Lord Agard brings the roar back to the Gate, and with it brand new ventricles for all our hearts. Spontaneous playing of the card game also occurs within a 5 mile radius.

Stuani 90'+2 - CRUSH. SMASH. PULVERISE. Everyone's newly fixed hearts shatter into an incomprehensible number of tiny pieces, the shockwave is felt in the deepest parts of the deepest oceans, and everyone collapses to the floor, where they lie motionless until Bas Savage is officially unveiled as the next man in that position about which we're all talking.

Some things never change.

Head of the Manager's Coach

post-Leeds Rodgers pre-Brum

Wildcard

Derby 3-1 Brum

In the words of Ronan, we've just got to ride it...

Archived