IGNORED

Rumour I've Heard

Welcome To The Jungle

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed. And let's be honest, those of us who followed home and away last season will recite the names of that squad for the rest of our lives. Imagine how much more it would mean to you if you'd recruited and led them. Must be heartbreaking to be obliged to walk away, particularly if pushed.

Quite. People can say it was his job etc but he was completely involved in this and would have seen some of those players in a similar light to his own children. They must have made him so proud with their achievements last season and I bet he's devastated on a personal level and for them.

2 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Quite. People can say it was his job etc but he was completely involved in this and would have seen some of those players in a similar light to his own children. They must have made him so proud with their achievements last season and I bet he's devastated on a personal level and for them.

Too loyal .

1 minute ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Too loyal .

SL, for some of his misgivings (as I perceive them) did warn against becoming too attached to players. 

Too loyal however would only ring true if he was actually able to improve the squad (putting aside who hindered that ability). Hamstrung would be the phrase I'd use. 

2 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Too loyal .

I don't think so. There is no feeling like that about being proud of someone else - watching your child read or write their first word, seeing them walk in to school for the first time, seeing your bride walk down the aisle. Far greater than being proud of yourself. If you don't think Cotts felt that way for these players then maybe you haven't felt it before.

8 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I don't think so. There is no feeling like that about being proud of someone else - watching your child read or write their first word, seeing them walk in to school for the first time, seeing your bride walk down the aisle. Far greater than being proud of yourself. If you don't think Cotts felt that way for these players then maybe you haven't felt it before.

Thanks for the sermon.

Something for me to sleep on tonight !

55 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I'm sorry but I think that's a bit disrespectful. I got the feeling he had invested more in to this job than that quip gives credit. In particular, I think he was proud of the squad he had and don't think money will make up for not being able to continue his project.

His project? FFS he's invested a smijin(?) compared to what I and thousands of others have invested in this club, and his 'project' was taking us back down. The only thing wrong with this sacking is that it was too late.

Last season was brilliant and I'm very grateful for that, but we need someone else to take us forward and if we get to the 'promised land' we'll probably need to sack that manager and appoint someone able to keep us there. The players haven't been able to step up nor has SC. The board? Who knows!?

Who they appoint will tell us.

2 hours ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Not linked to a rumour why he was relieved of his duties... But on another note.

Two players (New signings) were due to have medicals today. Both have withdrawn due to sacking of SC

Seriously ******* wow.

When those "running" the club eventually make their decision about Cotterill's replacement and the new bloke points out that the transfer window has all but closed and there is no time to bring in the new players we badly need, remember this shambles.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think he helped produce one of the current first team squad. I think it's just the one (don't want to start another rumour)?

Loving the use of italics in your posts.

I know that will be lost on 99.9% but well done all the same.

1 hour ago, djb6162 said:

However i know the players were very moved and upset by today to a man.

training ground was very flat by all accounts.

Thanks for sharing that. It's understandable you would want Wes to get to get more of a chance, so your comments in general have been very dignified but at the same time honest.

A lot of people on here could learn from that.

And I find that last sentence very poignant.

3 hours ago, djb6162 said:

i dont  think anybody is questioning your integrity on this and certainly not me

your credibility is as good if not better than mine, i guess what you shared was very credible and with so many rumours and theories flying around very believable.

However i know the players were very moved and upset by today to a man.

training ground was very flat by all accounts.

I'm sure many squads are genuinely disappointed to see their manager depart.

Lets hope ours are all professional enough " to a man " tomorrow to not  let it show !

3 hours ago, samo II said:

That's that rumour quashed then!

pleased that djb can rule at least one out cold immediately.

Honestly; I'm gutted for SC - gave the club THE best season I've experienced in my life time, and I'll be forever grateful.  

But if there is one thing that is a near-constant in the life of a football manager, it is that at some point you'll leave; either by choice or not, and now it's happened here, and we move on.

I've continually said that we should stay the course and see if we can't stay up with SC in charge, but that isn't an option now, so I only hope we get in someone who matches the stated ambitions of the board (i.e. Premier League football) and fast, and follow that up with swift player recruitment.

Rough 24 hours (and not just for my virus-riddle body), but in less than that we have a game against the league leaders, so here's to JP and Wade being able to gee up the lads to get something from that.

Samo - I think you've got my feelings to a tee.  I'm gutted for SC. I've always been a fan of his in his time here, but also saw him at Cheltenham a few times and I couldn't quite work out where the long-ball, boring football reputation came from.  

Sentimental? Yes....but he had a soft spot for the kids.  You don't pick up the two trophies from the players, bring them over in front of my son Joe and Oskar and then force the photographers to take pics of him, SL, Joe, Oskar, the league and JPT trophies, all with big beaming smiles, without having some decency.

From a football point of view, he was desperate to win, and that clouded his post match interviews especially, but so does Mourinho, so does Wenger, so did Ferguson.  Not saying he's in that bracket, it's just self-preservation.  He loved "his boys" and protected them in the harsh realities of professional sport, and especially the brutal Championship.

your second highlighted bit is the important bit.  I'm a bit out of love with Bristol City Football Club (ignore the acronym) because they've sacked Cotts.  I am though still having an affair with Bristol City Football Team.  The football element will continue to live on beyond Cotts and his successor(s).  We need to get the boys back up for "Boro tomorrow.  There's an important 3 points to play for.

We can read anything we want into Pembo and Wade's team selection and tactics tomorrow.  Whatever they pick, will be one based on how do we best get 3 points.  It doesn't matter whether it's 352 or 442, Wilbs or Wes, El-Abd or Little, it has no bearing on the ex-Manager, so avoid the I told you so's on Saturday Evening...it is about the present and the future...one which I hope is still with Bristol City Football Team in the second tier (Luke Freeman - I've ruled out the playoffs - at least until I know who the new manager is!)

#COYR #CAF

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We can read anything we want into Pembo and Wade's team selection and tactics tomorrow.  Whatever they pick, will be one based on how do we best get 3 points.  It doesn't matter whether it's 352 or 442, Wilbs or Wes, El-Abd or Little, it has no bearing on the ex-Manager, so avoid the I told you so's on Saturday Evening

But hopefully, as a tribute to Cotts, they will continue with his new found ability to make substitutions before the 87th minute.

We will find out tomorrow!

Archived