IGNORED

Rumour I've Heard

Welcome To The Jungle

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Otib really makes me smile at times.

Why on earth does it matter whether Cotterill had a bust up with a player or not? We'll never know and frankly I don't care. He's gone and now it's time to move on.

Like everyone else I'm interested in who the next manager will be...

Yep about OTIB is about as predictable as you and your rants about GJ, like the one you felt the need to instigate in a post earlier today.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think it would be wise to take every single one of them with a pinch of salt Samo.

Or in my current state; a lepsip and a lie down...

11 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Well it came from a former director of BCFC but it has gone through two people before arriving at my ears, hand neither of the two would make it up so I thought it was credible enough to share. 

djb is one of the few posters on here I will believe without question, so fair play for posting what you were told and where from, but personally I am satisfied he left on good terms with the players.

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Exactly. In tears at the training ground saying goodbye by all accounts. 

That is so sad. One thing that was clear during his whole tenure was his love for the team, he referred to it in most interviews. 

Probably helped towards his downfall though, too loyal perhaps.

Crying shame how it turned out.

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Well it came from a former director of BCFC but it has gone through two people before arriving at my ears, hand neither of the two would make it up so I thought it was credible enough to share. 

Fair enough, wasn't meant to be a dig at you like you said you don't have form for it, but I'd take these chaps with a pinch given djbs proximity and clarification :) 

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Or in my current state; a lepsip and a lie down...

djb is one of the few posters on here I will be live without question, so fair play for posting what you were told and where from, but personally I am satisfied he left on good terms with the players.

And given the credibility he seems to have I am too

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It fits too; I never got the impression the players and Cotts weren't working together - felt they were giving it their all for him.  Is just a shame it had turned out this way.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why on earth does it matter whether Cotterill had a bust up with a player or not? We'll never know and frankly I don't care. He's gone and now it's time to move on.

But, if I remember rightly, you did care when GJ had a bust up with a player........didn't you?

I bumped into Luke Ayling this afternoon. I asked if the lads had seen Steve today and he said that they'd said they had said goodbyes this morning. Apparently Cotts was "gutted" and "very upset". Luke gave exactly the same impression - really disappointed he's been given the boot it seemed. He also said he & the rest of the boys were very much still behind the gaffer. Fair play to Luke to be honest as he could quite easily have shunned my questions today, was true gent. Fair to say that many involved with bcfc are disappointed by departure of Steve. PS. I'm sure Luke won't mind me sharing this info as I'm sure he's well aware the fans want answers right now.

Please no more rumours of bust ups etc etc. He's been a fantastic servant to the club, let's leave it there eh.

11 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

i dont  think anybody is questioning your integrity on this and certainly not me

your credibility is as good if not better than mine, i guess what you shared was very credible and with so many rumours and theories flying around very believable.

However i know the players were very moved and upset by today to a man.

training ground was very flat by all accounts.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm: oh the irony 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:
45 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Not linked to a rumour why he was relieved of his duties... But on another note.

Two players (New signings) were due to have medicals today. Both have withdrawn due to sacking of SC  whooooooooo

I think this one has legs JJ

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It does,because if it is true he has been sacked because he had handbags with a player.:facepalm:that player needs moving on as well.it was the effing and jeffing tother night that done for him,Bristol sport wouldn't of liked that

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It does,because if it is true he has been sacked because he had handbags with a player.:facepalm:that player needs moving on as well.it was the effing and jeffing tother night that done for him,Bristol sport wouldn't of liked that

Can't help but think that altercation with the 'fan' was the straw that broke the camel's back. Hope he's proud of himself. 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Its not true someone close to a player of ours had said as much

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You reckon you'd do a better job?

What job have they done? They've not done anything in the public eye in months (18 to be precise), have just sacked a great manager who still had the players support (over the phone!!) when it was them that let him down, and seemingly they have no plan or clue about what they're doing.

We all know it's SL still running things, but he's proven time and time again that, whilst he'll have his financially secure, he doesn't know what to do on the football side of things. The rest of the board are just puppets, and useless ones at that. Until they start proving otherwise, my opinion won't change. But somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

What a flawed argument anyway. You reckon you'd have done a better job than Johnson?

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Managers and players regularly have "bust ups". It's a common occurrence at virtually every football club. The player always loses out of course.

Unless a manager actually physically attacked a player it would blow over almost immediately and be forgotten.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Managers and players regularly have "bust ups". It's a common occurrence at virtually every football club. The player always loses out of course.

Unless a manager actually physically attacked a player it would blow over almost immediately and be forgotten.

We all know that,which is why it's total horse

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Not normally one to spread gossip for gossip it is but here goes.

I've heard a rumour that may have been lost in translation or may just be false that Cotts had a 'bust up' with a player or players on Wednesday/Thursday morning. Not wanting to stir but adding what I've heard.

Kachina

WTTJ

Common knowledge at training on thursday for my mate who plays for Clevedon under micky!! Knew early that day apparently..

2 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

And a nice little payoff will soften the blow no doubt.

He'll be over it quicker than some on here will !

I'm sorry but I think that's a bit disrespectful. I got the feeling he had invested more in to this job than that quip gives credit. In particular, I think he was proud of the squad he had and don't think money will make up for not being able to continue his project.

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I'm sorry but I think that's a bit disrespectful. I got the feeling he had invested more in to this job than that quip gives credit. In particular, I think he was proud of the squad he had and don't think money will make up for not being able to continue his project.

Agreed. And let's be honest, those of us who followed home and away last season will recite the names of that squad for the rest of our lives. Imagine how much more it would mean to you if you'd recruited and led them. Must be heartbreaking to be obliged to walk away, particularly if pushed.

Archived