IGNORED

Rumour I've Heard

Welcome To The Jungle

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Not normally one to spread gossip for gossip it is but here goes.

I've heard a rumour that may have been lost in translation or may just be false that Cotts had a 'bust up' with a player or players on Wednesday/Thursday morning. Not wanting to stir but adding what I've heard.

Kachina

WTTJ

Not true 

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

That's the end of that rumour then... Unless there's a big cover up going on!

SC had a very emotional and respectful goodbye with all the players today.

if we could all leave it at that, then that would show class all round in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Not true 

That's that rumour quashed then!

I've been running a temperature that's as hot as hades the last 24 hours, so not posted much, but with so much conjecture and rumour going about my head is spinning twice as bad; pleased that djb can rule at least one out cold immediately.

Honestly; I'm gutted for SC - gave the club THE best season I've experienced in my life time, and I'll be forever grateful.  

But if there is one thing that is a near-constant in the life of a football manager, it is that at some point you'll leave; either by choice or not, and now it's happened here, and we move on.

I've continually said that we should stay the course and see if we can't stay up with SC in charge, but that isn't an option now, so I only hope we get in someone who matches the stated ambitions of the board (i.e. Premier League football) and fast, and follow that up with swift player recruitment.

Rough 24 hours (and not just for my virus-riddle body), but in less than that we have a game against the league leaders, so here's to JP and Wade being able to gee up the lads to get something from that.

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

SC had a very emotional and respectful goodbye with all the players today.

if we could all leave it at that, then that would show class all round in my opinion.

Only kidding Mr B. I take you at your word. Any idea if the other rumour had any truth. Wes must be a bit mixed about it as I'm sure Cotts was popular with the players but he may have more a chance with a new manager.

10 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Not linked to a rumour why he was relieved of his duties... But on another note.

Two players (New signings) were due to have medicals today. Both have withdrawn due to sacking of SC

Deep breaths, in,.... Out..... Thats it.... Now just let it go Steve.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ouch.. Any idea who?

Not sure... I know a player for Bristol Rugby. He said their doctor (also used by us. Presumably under Bristol Sport) was called away from his rugby duties to assist/undertake medicals. Since SC sacking no longer want to come. I see their predicament (whoever they may be) imagine signing and not being in the new managers plans etc!

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

Ouch indeed.

But is it true?

I've no idea, but considering the very post that started this thread was proven conclusively false in a matter of minutes, I'm cautious about believing the many unsupported rumours flying about just now.

24 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Not normally one to spread gossip for gossip it is but here goes.

I've heard a rumour that may have been lost in translation or may just be false that Cotts had a 'bust up' with a player or players on Wednesday/Thursday morning. Not wanting to stir but adding what I've heard.

Kachina

WTTJ

Think you can safely ignore whoever fed you that info given djb's confirmation. 

Otib really makes me smile at times.

Why on earth does it matter whether Cotterill had a bust up with a player or not? We'll never know and frankly I don't care. He's gone and now it's time to move on.

Like everyone else I'm interested in who the next manager will be...

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

But is it true?

I've no idea, but considering the very post that started this thread was proven conclusively false in a matter of minutes, I'm cautious about believing the many unsupported rumours flying about just now.

I think it would be wise to take every single one of them with a pinch of salt Samo.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Think you can safely ignore whoever fed you that info given djb's confirmation. 

Well it came from a former director of BCFC but it has gone through two people before arriving at my ears, hand neither of the two would make it up so I thought it was credible enough to share. 

Archived