IGNORED

Feeling so proud and buzzing...

spudski

What a great result.

Feel so proud of the lads, and Wade and Pembo.

They proved they are good enough.

Just needed a new system, resting players, giving others a chance, making the right subs, and showing the development team they are not forgotten by putting Vyner on the bench.

How great to see home grown Wes, Bobby and Joe in the team together...hope for all development players....and the likes of the forgotten Waggy to give it a go.

Thanks Wade and Pembo, Brave stuff indeed......haven't felt this good in ages...COYR's

I was amazed that the players confidence actually GREW as the game went on. We had Boro pinned in their own half for the last 20 mins.

Players were shooting on sight, playing what they saw, flying into tackles and helping each other out.

Ayling was back to his marauding best of last season. Burns a revelation. It looked like the shackles had been taken off.

A far cry from Tuesday night and the past few months.

Pinch me.

We CAN survive!

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

What a great result.

Just needed a new system, resting players, giving others a chance, making the right subs, and showing the development team they are not forgotten by putting Vyner on the bench.

How great to see home grown Wes, Bobby and Joe in the team together...hope for all development players....and the likes of the forgotten Waggy to give it a go.

Thanks Wade and Pembo, Brave stuff indeed......haven't felt this good in ages...COYR's

Here here.well said

10 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Nice that some of the staff are flexible and not so arrogant to see things aren't working with formation and team selections , well done boys , super start .

I understand your thoughts and was not his biggest plaudit in all respects , but

Lets think of that one was for Cotts 

Hope the points put a smile on his face at the end of a crap week - Whatever his pros and cons were - Can only admire the blokes passion and he must feel deflated

The irony is that the changes indicate he had become blinkered, sadly

What a massive massive result that was today for loads of reasons. Just looking at the table and my god what a difference those 3 points have made especially with MK winning. Just opened a can of natch to the dismay of the Mrs, bit early isn't it, um no we've just won a football match for the first time in ages, she doesn't get it bless her :D

im a bit lost on who plays where but the back four looked like they were all in proper places today,joe and wes wide wingers,jk on his own with marlon pack and korey smith  in midfield.was bobby in behind jk?  just sounded really balanced.unbelievable amount of stoppage time but result came for us. welldone wes and waggy, both of which deserve medals for their loyalty turning on performances like that fresh in

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

What a great result.

Once again Spudski, Totally agree with you, hopefully the start of a new season and safety!

I can't  tell you in words how proud i am of this team performance they gave 100% and more i am so proud of the fans at the end and stayed behind and give the players a boost it was a magic moment when we scored, unbelievable atmosphere. and to all those that left early you really really missed something special.

Do we really need a manager? cant the team just do it for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I can't  tell you in words how proud i am of this team performance they gave 100% and more i am so proud of the fans at the end and stayed behind and give the players a boost it was a magic moment when we scored, unbelievable atmosphere. and to all those that left early you really really missed something special.

Do we really need a manager? cant the team just do it for themselves.

you're right it was very special, I thought that goal would never come but was so happy with the way we played that I was thinking 0-0 and a great performance, maybe not our day for the win, fair enough a good platform etc......when it went in I was just so so pleased for the team and all of us around the ground for giving it our all in what has been a testing time. Well done, great result and proof that we have a lot to be happy about, few choice signings and we'll be fine. I am in high spirits so please allow me to say "get in there you effing reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and " I effing love you all" xxxxx

I left the gate this evening full of adrenaline and positivity. It was the first time I've felt like that since last season. It reminded me why I love City!! The atmosphere was fantastic from all three sides and the lads were superb. The pure emotion of that last minute winner around the ground was plain to see. It felt like 6 months of frustration and failure to beat lesser teams had lifted. I'll remember this game for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Ray White said:

I left the gate this evening full of adrenaline and positivity. It was the first time I've felt like that since last season. It reminded me why I love City!! The atmosphere was fantastic from all three sides and the lads were superb. The pure emotion of that last minute winner around the ground was plain to see. It felt like 6 months of frustration and failure to beat lesser teams had lifted. I'll remember this game for a long time.

me too matey

Absolutely gutted I wasn't there today, bleedin' pantomime (not referring to Ashton Gate) with Joe.

I know I am a Cotts fan, but I do feel the sacking has galvanised us OTIBers to think about what happens on the pitch.  I'm buzzing like you tonight @spudski - imagine if I'd been there, I'd still be there clapping and jumping around now!

Fine lines in football, and for once we got the right side if it with a 95th minute winner.

Bottle up that atmosphere and bring it with you on Tuesday, and take it to Leeds on Saturday too.

Pembo and Wade - think about which games are important....perhaps they both are.

This is what Saturday nights are about.

Archived