IGNORED

Richard O'Donnell

BigAl&Toby

Thought he was superb too. So assured and caught everything. 

He came rushing out to make a clearance just outside his box in the first half, showing great anticipation. What confidence for our defence knowing that he is behind them. 

Great effort today, looks like he's been in the team for years. 

Wasn't there today, but on Tuesday he was decisive - which as a defender, especially central, you need.

Dont write off Frank.  I hope they can work together and spur each other on.  Sometimes your first choice is only as good as the person he's working his nuts off to keep out.  Would see RO'D holding the gloves for a while even when Frank returns assuming he keeps up the level I saw Tuesday and you all saw today.

O'Donnell is a legend. I think he could give Basso a run for pure passion. I was watching him a lot during the second half (I sit behind the goal in the South Stand) and he was living and breathing every touch. His reaction for the goal was also spectacular and he would definitely have got booked if the referee hadn't been at the other end of the pitch. Well done O'Donnell, you will soon be stealing Tinnion's song! O'Donnell is a Shithead....

10 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

His reaction for me suggests that he wants to be here for the long term. We will have to hope a deal can be pushed through, either now or when his loan expires.

I didn't see this at the end, let's be fair he can hardly have any real feeling for us a couple of days into a loan deal. This isn't a criticism of him at all, he was prepared to go out on loan and play and that tells you a lot I think. I think he enjoys playing and it showed by this reaction at the end.

Hopefully he will stay here. I think another keeper who offers real competition can only be a good thing for both Frankie & Max.

Just now, RedM said:

I didn't see this at the end, let's be fair he can hardly have any real feeling for us a couple of days into a loan deal. This isn't a criticism of him at all, he was prepared to go out on loan and play and that tells you a lot I think. I think he enjoys playing and it showed by this reaction at the end.

Hopefully he will stay here. I think another keeper who offers real competition can only be a good thing for both Frankie & Max.

He will have seen the scope of the club playing against for Walsall. He has been here since Monday, I would imagine if he doesn't have a direct feeling towards the club he is at the very least impressed by us, despite our league failings.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

I saw it. Competition for the others does him an enormous injustice.

Sign him now and make him first choice. I'm afraid FF isn't even close in my view.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was really surprised that we didn't go after him in the summer and he went to Wigan.  I certainly mentioned him over the summer along with Foderingham who went to Rangers.  Both were out of contract.  But you never know whether we did, and whether plenty of other clubs also did.  He might've insisted on being first choice, and maybe Cotts said he'd have to battle with Frank over pre-season.  It's not always as simple as offering them the right money.  For a keeper it can be very frustrating sitting on the bench every week, especially when Frank played every game just season.

Pretty sure we did, but Wigan promised he'd start as first choice, wages were better and it's nearer to home (Sheffield).

Our good fortune that it didn't work out there...

23 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Has done well but too early to say he is definitely better Fielding. 

I would say he will be more better at getting crosses and commanding his area but not seen too much in the way of shot saving yet.

Was good to see he cared with his celebration too.

A nice balanced comment , he is much quicker at coming off his line and more commanding in the box , but you are right , don't get carried away yet , Frank has rarely let us down .

18 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

A nice balanced comment , he is much quicker at coming off his line and more commanding in the box , but you are right , don't get carried away yet , Frank has rarely let us down .

Whilst letting us down would be a strong way to put it I thought he really highlighted what Frank was not bringing to the team when I watched him on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, PaulieBS5 said:

Great judgment by Cotts to bring him in as he's very vocal, commanding and good on crosses.

Nice to see his passion too in such a short space of time at the Club as gave those in front of him huge confidence.

Frankie is a great keeper too and maybe suffered a bit when he had no stiff competition to push for his place.

Derby fans raved about him and still do...

Eh? I know loads and they most certainly do not!

4 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

One worry I have is that he is TOO ready to come charging out of the penalty area. Three times in the two games he came out when defenders would have got there anyway. I can see it being a problem one day.

I'd rather that than Frankie 'nose bleed a yard from his goal line' Fielding!!

will give the defence so much more confidence knowing your gk is clearing up behind you and isnt rooted too his line or flapping the odd fist at a cross. 

6 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I'd rather that than Frankie 'nose bleed a yard from his goal line' Fielding!!

will give the defence so much more confidence knowing your gk is clearing up behind you and isnt rooted too his line or flapping the odd fist at a cross. 

There is a difference between coming for crosses and charging 40 yards upfield when our defence had it under control.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 14:07, Major Isewater said:

Just like Frankie when he first joined us .Goalies are all mad as frock .

He has been nicknamed "Colin" by myself and my daughter, not after "that bloke" but after my daughters dog! Like Colin the dog he seems to want to join in with everything and goes chasing the ball at every opportunity. One thing is for sure he has a lot to say for himself for a new guy and I would be amazed if that mix up in the second half came from him not shouting because he doesn't seem to shut up (also like Colin :)

Archived