IGNORED

Sign if you DON'T want Appleton..

PFree

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

A pathetic thread. It's SL's club and we have to trust the board to make the right appointment, and if they feel that's MA, we have to accept it and back him. Truth is that none of us really know what will happen as appointing a manager is not a science, and it's usually just the luck of the draw, getting the right person at the right time.

SL likes Mark Robins as management material here at the Gate so Appleton a ridiculous option as he's achieved nothing anywhere whereas at least SC had prior to joining us and left with 2 honours under his belt.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, PaulieBS5 said:

I would rather have Pembo in charge over Appleton all day long.

His cv is very poor and an accident waiting to happen if we were to appoint him.

The Board would be taking a backward step after a terrific and hugely positive performance today.

Pembo's post match interview was really welcoming too as some great words spoken, all really promising moving foward.

We can all voice our opinions, but not sure SL will be swayed by an ill-informed witch hunt. I have reservations, but equally I have seen things that I like, and in truth, like everybody else on here, I have absolutely no idea if he would be right or not. We had this bollox with SC and look how that turned out!

6 minutes ago, Chappers said:

A pathetic thread. It's SL's club and we have to trust the board to make the right appointment, and if they feel that's MA, we have to accept it and back him. Truth is that none of us really know what will happen as appointing a manager is not a science, and it's usually just the luck of the draw, getting the right person at the right time.

And therein lies the problem. It is OUR club. SL is in a very privileged position in that he can afford to use his wealth to help the club. However, he should always have in mind the identity of a club that is over 100 years old and uphold the values in which we all believe. A fan representative/director should be a requirement on every football club board  

Even if not Pearson, we are better than Appleton. 

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Here's my thought. If the Board choose not to show any ambition then I will choose not to renew my season ticket. It is only a small gesture but it is one that I can make.

We've made so many bad choices I'm getting sick of them.

Agree with you. I can assure you I will not renew if we appoint him 

20 minutes ago, cynic said:

This is like the Cotterill "No" thread over again.

Some people never learn..

Might you consider a different option other than Cotts might have taken us up and built further rather than getting sacked due to not being able to cut it? Perhaps some fans were right!?

Just now, BS3_RED said:

The thing is...I would not trust our board with a box of chocolates. You can guarantee they will appoint him now Ashton is here.

The issue is this: Lansdown openly states that his ambition is to get this club to the Premier League next season. To achieve that we must FIRST survive in this league. In order to do that we need to do the following:

• Employ a seasoned and knowledgable coach with a track record at this level
  • Attract quality players to bolster and enhance a threadbare squad

Does Michael Appleton meet the first requirement - No. Is he capable of delivering the second requirement - No. How on earth we can be expected to believe that this club has ambitions of growing beyond meandering in the lower echelons of British football when someone like Michael Appleton is appointed as head coach is frankly laughable.

7 minutes ago, Chappers said:

This thread gets stupider by the minute. If MA is successful we will all renew, most of us will regardless. If we get Pearson and it goes tits up what then? 

That's your opinion but I just because other disagree, it doesn't make them stupid - simple question, do you feel Appleton could achieve more than Pearson?

19 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The issue is this: Lansdown openly states that his ambition is to get this club to the Premier League next season. To achieve that we must FIRST survive in this league. In order to do that we need to do the following:

• Employ a seasoned and knowledgable coach with a track record at this level
  • Attract quality players to bolster and enhance a threadbare squad

Does Michael Appleton meet the first requirement - No. Is he capable of delivering the second requirement - No. How on earth we can be expected to believe that this club has ambitions of growing beyond meandering in the lower echelons of British football when someone like Michael Appleton is appointed as head coach is frankly laughable.

It will be an absolute shambles!!! Would you be surprised though?

1 hour ago, PFree said:

That's your opinion but I just because other disagree, it doesn't make them stupid - simple question, do you feel Appleton could achieve more than Pearson?

Simple answer, like everybody else on here, I don't have a clue. I just prefer to keep an open mind, see who is appointed, see what happens.

Archived