IGNORED

Sign if you DON'T want Appleton..

PFree

3 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Appleton is a massive no no, The board aren't that daft!

Given your diss to Cotterill, before and after he joined, that makes Appleton a massive yes for me.

In seriousness, I agree he is not the man for us. But I will not for example be calling him a clown or offering to send my turds to the club in protest if he is appointed.

31 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

This is almost identical to what people were saying about Cotts before he joined, we'll only know how good he is if he comes here. Having said that I'd still prefer Pearson or another manager proven at this level.

Would you like to explain to me how he's going to get around the issue of attracting the better players to get us to the Premier league?!?

That's the plan isn't it??

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Given your diss to Cotterill, before and after he joined, that makes Appleton a massive yes for me.

In seriousness, I agree he is not the man for us. But I will not for example be calling him a clown or offering to send my turds to the club in protest if he is appointed.

This is a totally different scenario. 

the problem Cotts had was attracting the better players, how are we going to do this with a low profile manager with under 2 weeks of the Jan transfer window left? 

Where is the ambition from the club? Come on Nick even you have to admit that Appleton will be an absolute joke considering the situation we're in.. 

I'd be more inclined to keep wadey in...

I won't be calling him a clown either, probably just lowering my expectations massively and preparing myself for the next bout of Bristol Derby's... I've missed them to be honest!

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

This is a totally different scenario. 

the problem Cotts had was attracting the better players, how are we going to do this with a low profile manager with under 2 weeks of the Jan transfer window left? 

Where is the ambition from the club? Come on Nick even you have to admit that Appleton will be an absolute joke considering the situation we're in.. 

I think you missed:

In seriousness, I agree he is not the man for us.

See, we are as one. On this. As you will have seen, I am usually right. So you have it right, this time. :P

Nick

I see Appleton is the favourite across the exchanges and that his price is shortening, by contrast Pearson's price is drifting...

I'm now worried that if appointed, OUR club will go backwards 

Pearson, experience, connections, access to better quality players and has already achieved everything we are seeking...

Appleton, lower division manager who has achieved what, player connections, experience, enough said ?

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 23:26, 'keepuplino' said:

the problem Cotts had was attracting the better players

That was a problem he worked with, I'm far from convinced that it necessarily emanated from him however or even that he 'caused' the problem.

On 16/01/2016 at 21:00, BS3_RED said:

The thing is...I would not trust our board with a box of chocolates. You can guarantee they will appoint him now Ashton is here.

what worries me is just seen them going into a board meeting to discuss the new manager

zombie pics.jpg

Archived