IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Cideriuplandlord

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Would only get in the team at LM with Williams coming out. But I think we can all agree that Reid makes a big difference. 

I thought Reid did alright today but he certainly didn't make a big difference. He was very poor first half but stepped it up second

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Before anyone writes Freeman off - just wait and give him a chance in any new line up / formation under , perhaps a different brief

Still think he's one of our 2/3 best players

Sorry, repeating myself, wasn't there today.....did Joe play as a Left Forward in a three (with Kodjia in centre and Wes on t'other side), albeit tracking back to make us solid?

if so, is t that the exact position LF played for Stevenage? 

He had a dead leg today.  Don't write him off, he has been coming back to form of late....not up to last season's standards, but he has a lot of ability.  We need depth / cover to keep us.  We've all been missing about playing the same eleven and not resting.  Players coming in will want to impress.

Yes definitely injured, and as others have said I'd like to see him tried in this formation. However sometime I think he tends to slow play down, keeping the ball and getting closed down and allow the opposition to regroup. Today we played with a bit of tempo, added quick passing instead of pondering and it worked well. Freeman can play like this but usually wants to be the hero and take everyone on by himself. Today it was very much a team performance.

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry, repeating myself, wasn't there today.....did Joe play as a Left Forward in a three (with Kodjia in centre and Wes on t'other side), albeit tracking back to make us solid?

if so, is t that the exact position LF played for Stevenage? 

He had a dead leg today.  Don't write him off, he has been coming back to form of late....not up to last season's standards, but he has a lot of ability.  We need depth / cover to keep us.  We've all been missing about playing the same eleven and not resting.  Players coming in will want to impress.

Sorry Dave missed your question

Yes JB was on left of a 4-3-3 which was a 4-5-1 at times and almost a 4-1-4-1 at points 

so yes - a good point about LF - this system would suit him better I'd suggest

Would love to see Freeman play wide left in the formation we played today with Bryan as left back. As well as Freeman done last season in league 1 playing at the front of a midfield three isn't his natural position.

Felt Williams looked like a centre back playing left back today so Bryan and Freeman on the left would be more natural.

16 minutes ago, lou-peters-dive said:

Just needs a decent number of games to get him up to speed.

I hope so but I'm unsure.

I don't want to deflect away from what was a great day and performance by all but I'm not sure Reid will be good enough at this level. Hope to be proved wrong on that of course.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Before anyone writes Freeman off - just wait and give him a chance in any new line up / formation under , perhaps a different brief

Still think he's one of our 2/3 best players

Yes will be interesting where the new man sees lukes role. I really think there is a lot more to come from freeman.

He has ability for sure can see him wide left. Still think he's on an upward curve.

And to be fair burns and reid have been written off on here as not championship standard many times.

(I know one swallow)

But at least when freeman is fit again he will know he's not first name on the team sheet.

Just a hunch  but can see freeman having a big say on our survival !!

Hopefully today will have lifted a huge wieght off the whole squad.The last few months they've all looked like they've had the wieght of the world on their shoulders. Why? apart from results I don't know maybe the behind the scenes tension was finding it's way into the dressing room. These players were far to good for league 1 last term so maybe cotts negativity was the problem. 

Archived