IGNORED

"It could take weeks rather than days" - Sky

Kid in the Riot

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Assume this is coming from his interview for tonight's Radio Bristol - should be interesting 

Anyone fancy a game of Corporate B******T Bingo ??

;)

Is that one of the numerous bingo sites advertised on the telly.

You are being a little naive Kid, end of the season and safety (hopefully) oh I know let's give it to them full time, we have been there before and 12 months later regretting it and the cycle continues.

Lambert was out of work and obviously wanted a job.

it's not about being a big draw it's about being up and coming and hopefully viable and any ambitious manager will hopefully see that in the long term.

I will throw one more thing into the mix, I have and will never subscribe to the argument that assistant managers/no.2's (for want of a better description) are innocent when the wheel comes off, the notion that Pemberton always wanted to play 4-3-3 and wanted to start Reid and more importantly Burns and has always held this view is once more a naive IMO and if that is truly the case it says more about them as a person than the sacked manager, when the wheels are seriously coming off that is the time for your assistant to step up to plate and if you are not being listened to or just ignored then put out feelers and look for move where your views are actually treated seriously, I understand all the arguments about family and economics but for me if you are not happy going to work, then you need to heed that alarm bell.

I never believed it with Millen when GJ was allegedly mistreating his players and I don't believe it now, because if Millen just stood back and allowed that to happen then shame on him.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You are being a little naive Kid, end of the season and safety (hopefully) oh I know let's give it to them full time, we have been there before and 12 months later regretting it and the cycle continues.

Lambert was out of work and obviously wanted a job.

it's not about being a big draw it's about being up and coming and hopefully viable and any ambitious manager will hopefully see that in the long term.

I will throw one more thing into the mix, I have and will never subscribe to the argument that assistant managers/no.2's (for want of a better description) are innocent when the wheel comes off, the notion that Pemberton always wanted to play 4-3-3 and wanted to start Reid and more importantly Burns and has always held this view is once more a naive IMO and if that is truly the case it says more about them as a person than the sacked manager, when the wheels are seriously coming off that is the time for your assistant to step up to plate and if you are not being listened to or just ignored then put out feelers and look for move where your views are actually treated seriously, I understand all the arguments about family and economics but for me if you are not happy going to work, then you need to heed that alarm bell.

I never believed it with Millen when GJ was allegedly mistreating his players and I don't believe it now, because if Millen just stood back and allowed that to happen then shame on him.

I am saying what I would be minded to do, not predicting what the board will do. I would be ruthless. If they kept us up, great, but then it would be time to move on.

"Up and coming" still isn't a great sell and relies upon a fair bit of faith from whoever you're selling the project to. Particularly a club with "potential" like ours that feels like it's been up and coming for a while now...perennial underachievers / sleeping giant has been a perhaps more apt description used over the years...

Pemberton explained very eloquently why he switched formation on Saturday. It sounded fairly specific to Middlesbrough and a relegation fight. Whether it's his actual preferred formation/system, it's far too early to say.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I am saying what I would be minded to do, not predicting what the board will do. I would be ruthless. If they kept us up, great, but then it would be time to move on.

"Up and coming" still isn't a great sell and relies upon a fair bit of faith from whoever you're selling the project to. Particularly a club with "potential" like ours that feels like it's been up and coming for a while now...perennial underachievers / sleeping giant has been a perhaps more apt description used over the years...

Pemberton explained very eloquently why he switched formation on Saturday. It sounded fairly specific to Middlesbrough and a relegation fight. Whether it's his actual preferred formation/system, it's far too early to say.

You would be ruthless and so might I, but this is SL and a fanbase that will be looking with rose tinted glasses, the bigger danger is 4 to 6 overpaid senior players on long contracts that a new man might not want and can't shift, but hey ho.

There is one big difference between BCFC this time next season and the BCFC that you describe and that is infrastructure at last we will have it and if any of the rumours about surrounding land is true, possibly (with a small p) more to come, some of the academy signings have been interesting and it's expanding and improving, what's not to like? apart from our league position, luckily most football managers seem to have an ego the size of Texas and will believe that they can save us.

My opinion is this get the right man in by tomorrow night if possible.

The fact we're on TV tomorrow may push things on.  Everyone interested in the job is going to watch it and will be looking at our players closely and thinking about what they would do with the squad. If a few players show themselves in a good light it could make us a more attractive prospect to a higher calibre of manager.  

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You would be ruthless and so might I, but this is SL and a fanbase that will be looking with rose tinted glasses, the bigger danger is 4 to 6 overpaid senior players on long contracts that a new man might not want and can't shift, but hey ho.

There is one big difference between BCFC this time next season and the BCFC that you describe and that is infrastructure at last we will have it and if any of the rumours about surrounding land is true, possibly (with a small p) more to come, some of the academy signings have been interesting and it's expanding and improving, what's not to like? apart from our league position, luckily most football managers seem to have an ego the size of Texas and will believe that they can save us.

My opinion is this get the right man in by tomorrow night if possible.

That's what's important at the end of the day.

Highly unlikely we'll be signing 4-6 players permanently by the way. Predominatly loan signings between now and the end of the season - new man or not.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Ooooh - a new portmanteau - I like it! 

Pembowade does sound a bit like an isotonic sports drink though. How about Waderton (sharing the "e" but sounds like a small town in Devon) or Pembelliott (a common surname in Kernow, praps?)

I like Pembott. Like a futuristic android.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Agree to disagree here, I know nothing is guaranteed in football but I don't think that we have time farting around with something that at BCFC has been an unmitigated disaster in the past promoting from within and regretting 12 months later, it very rarely lasts longer than 12 months, that is my opinion.

As I put in reply to another of your posts, I don't agree with your assessment that managers like Pearson might be put off by our position, the championship is running out of viable alternatives, wth a fully functioning redeveloped stadium our spending ability will increase, whilst many are going to have to seriously tighten their belts like Wolves since the parachute payments dried up, in some cases it's the only thing keeping some clubs from going into administration.

Who would want to work for Tan at Cardiff, Tigerman at Hull, the Indian KFC man at Blackburn, QPR where they are fast approaching more players than fans, Florest with the nutbars in charge of that club living hand to mouth like Birmingham, what can you say about Leeds and not forgetting Charlton and other clubs who hopefully soon won't be able to match our budget, as I say viable clubs in the championship are becoming less and less IMO.

I nearly forgot Bolton and I wouldn't mind a few quid saying all is not so rosy at PNE financially.

Your last two paragraphs highlight the importance of staying up this season.  For some clubs another season of gambling on getting to the promised land will come back to bite them if not over the summer, but in December when they fail FFP and are placed under embargo.  For some clubs that is a gamble worth taking. 

I know that there are so many ex-Prem clubs in our division who've had the benefit of parachute payments, but over time, that just makes their financial model unviable, unless they go back up.

I think this season might be a watershed, and we might start to see more clubs do a Bolton....and perhaps over 2 more seasons he playing field starts to level....at least outside the top 4-6.  At present it feels like 12-16 clubs are "haves" with 4-6 "have nots"....with a few in between.  Some might actually go to the wall.

We might be grateful to a bit of prudence this season if we can retain our status.  But perhaps we need to take a small £risk to survive.

Archived