IGNORED

Red shorts last night

bcfcchampions2015

The answer to why we wore red shirts is possibly very simple.

In the Prem these days a colour clash of shorts does not appear to be a reason for kit change. Whereas it is in Football League and it would appear, also in FA Cup. Thus when WBA arrived with white shorts, and were told by ref that they had to change colour of shorts, perhaps City offered them a set of ours or even offered to wear red?

Simple mistake by their kit man and sorted amicably? No big deal.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The answer to why we wore red shirts is possibly very simple.

In the Prem these days a colour clash of shorts does not appear to be a reason for kit change. Whereas it is in Football League and it would appear, also in FA Cup. Thus when WBA arrived with white shorts, and were told by ref that they had to change colour of shorts, perhaps City offered them a set of ours or even offered to wear red?

Simple mistake by their kit man and sorted amicably? No big deal.

I don't think it was any kind of mistake, if my memory serves me correctly we wore red shorts with our home shirt when we went to the Hawthorns so it's clearly to avoid a colour clash not any mistake made.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Not a mistake by us but by the Baggies kit man?

No, as I said before the same thing happened when we went there a few weeks ago, so it's clearly a case of colours clash. Either both teams with white shorts being an issue, or our white shorts clashing with the white on the shirts. Their away kit is red so they obviously couldn't wear that and don't think they have a 3rd kit so city wearing red shorts was the logical thing to do so we could still wear red home shirt.

8 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

FIFA changed it's rules about kit colours for world cups before 2014:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-new-world-cup-kits-2816201

Perhaps where possible clubs are trying this out?

It's not any sort of experiment, it's simply down to clash of colours. Usually the away team would change kit/shorts etc first, if this still leaves a clash then the home team will change something. Take Leeds for example, they played in their away kit when they came to AG earlier this season because their normal white home kit would have clashed with our shorts. They could change to away kit because it didn't clash with our home kit (shorts or tops). West Brom couldn't change to their away because it clashed with our home. Therefore we wore red shorts so we could still wear home kit without it clashing with West Broms. as that was only option.

19 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

FIFA changed it's rules about kit colours for world cups before 2014:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-new-world-cup-kits-2816201

Perhaps where possible clubs are trying this out?

It sounds like fifa are stuffing their faces with cake, and they want more cake. Of course these corporate companies will get nice freebies while football fans will have to pay high prices for tickets. 

13 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

It's not any sort of experiment, it's simply down to clash of colours. Usually the away team would change kit/shorts etc first, if this still leaves a clash then the home team will change something. Take Leeds for example, they played in their away kit when they came to AG earlier this season because their normal white home kit would have clashed with our shorts. They could change to away kit because it didn't clash with our home kit (shorts or tops). West Brom couldn't change to their away because it clashed with our home. Therefore we wore red shorts so we could still wear home kit without it clashing with West Broms. as that was only option.

I understand this. And I don't doubt this to be the case. 

But West Brom have a change strip that has black shorts. Why did we change ours when they could change theirs?

If it's because our white shorts clash with their tops, how come Manchester United wore red shirts and white shorts against Sheffield United in white shirts with red shorts? wayne-rooney-fa-cup-manchester-united-sh

23 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

But West Brom have a change strip that has black shorts. Why did we change ours when they could change theirs?

If it's because our white shorts clash with their tops, how come Manchester United wore red shirts and white shorts against Sheffield United in white shirts with red shorts? wayne-rooney-fa-cup-manchester-united-sh

Perhaps City are testing the waters before going all red next season.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I never liked the white socks.

Agree with @BS4 on Tour... re white black black for away kit.  Reminds me of Gow!  Purple and lime us ok for memories of Anfield, the new black kit is ok as a fashion item for Joe, but it ain't Gow, Ritchie, Merrick and Cheesely v Arsenal is it1

While it is personal preference, can't argue with the fact that City sold out 3 batches of purple and lime while the white and black shirt barely sold at all!  they still had loads left at the end of the season.

17 hours ago, cider-manc said:

The only thing I can think of is that the shorts didn't clash on the above example? So the referee can still distinguish between players when sliding into tackles etc. by the colour of top and if they can't see the colour of the top then the colour of shorts as they are different for each team?

Archived