IGNORED

Red shorts last night

bcfcchampions2015

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know we wore all red way back and that inspired Bill Shankly to change Liverpool's kit to all red, but for me we should always be red shirt, white shorts, red socks at home and white shirts, black shorts, black socks away from home...

56 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

NOOO, T'other way round mate !

Looking at the historical football kits, being very fussy, I think we had the first all red kit. from 1966-69 without a badge. Just a very small white label which doesn't count. Technically Liverpool have never had a full red kit. They have always had some other colour in their kit as far as I can see. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

All Red , the first City kit I got as a young lad, many moons ago ! No sponsor , not even a badge !

You do realise your parents just bought you a red t shirt for your birthday that year and told you it was a City shirt, yeah!?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think your parents might have just had you in a red baby grow..! 

Not sure baby grows' were even invented way back then !

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

You do realise your parents just bought you a red t shirt for your birthday that year and told you it was a City shirt, yeah!?

I remember the quality, and this is (whisper it ) about 65/66 , so you may not be a million miles away. I was so excited they let me have the shorts to wear a few days before I got the full kit.  A time before replica kits were fashionable , I was so ahead of my time ;)

bristol_city_1965-1969.gif

That's the first time ever I've seen us change our normal home strip at Ashton Gate. What should have happened was that we should have lent WBA our black or green shorts, they would have looked a bit stupid but that would have been their problem. I remember City were in the same situation years ago in the AD days, we were away to Blackpool and our away strip was all white, but Blackpool had white socks so we had to change, the one and only time I've seen City in tangerine socks.

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure baby grows' were even invented way back then !

I remember the quality, and this is (whisper it ) about 65/66 , so you may not be a million miles away. I was so excited they let me have the shorts to wear a few days before I got the full kit.  A time before replica kits were fashionable , I was so ahead of my time ;)

bristol_city_1965-1969.gif

Hope it hasn't turned you into a FKW.

9 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Looking at the historical football kits, being very fussy, I think we had the first all red kit. from 1966-69 without a badge. Just a very small white label which doesn't count. Technically Liverpool have never had a full red kit. They have always had some other colour in their kit as far as I can see. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

I can remember that all red kit from the 60s. At the time the club said it wanted to switch to all red, to be like Liverpool. As you say, the difference was City's kit had no white trim. The result? The worse kit I've seen City play in. The shade of red didn't help. It was a bright fluorescent pillar box red that needed sun glasses to look at it. 

I've always remembered that Woolworths in the seventies did a complete footy kit (shirts, socks, shorts) in a green box with a list of the teams who had a similar strip. Anyone else remember this or am I going mad? And before you say it, I'm not getting confused with boxes of Subbuteo players, I think the kit was along the same idea.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've always remembered that Woolworths in the seventies did a complete footy kit (shirts, socks, shorts) in a green box with a list of the teams who had a similar strip. Anyone else remember this or am I going mad? And before you say it, I'm not getting confused with boxes of Subbuteo players, I think the kit was along the same idea.

You are correct @Midlands Robin I can remember those kits too 

19 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

You were right first time, you wack-o.

:blink:

Uncle TFR-Moyes

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

No danger @NOTBLUE  ,  and on that note. Talksport reported an Arsenal fan recently got married in full kit including boots and shin pads !! FKW indeed !

Just found this !

CZBCg0gWkAAdGyf.jpg

Wrong in so many ways.

Archived