IGNORED

Cotts still tight lipped?

CotswoldRed

I don't really imagine Cotterill is in the business of giving platitudes to former employers.  He struck me as someone very 'heart on their sleeve' and I suspect the sacking is a bit too raw for him to deal with.  I suspect he'd feel that he'd find it hard to give interviews and not say exactly what he thinks so he'd try to avoid giving them at this point at all. 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

What can he say apart from nobody wanted to sign for him, he lacked tactical change during games, and his poor championship record goes on........

Whereas Bristol City continue to fly high in the championship as usual now the evil man has gone..

19 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

We have only played two games since, 1 win one loss. SC did nothing for us in the championship the table shows it clearly. 

Against sides which SC had picked up one win one draw.

Not a slur on JP/WE, just saying comparing 2 games is pretty pointless.

3 hours ago, extonsred said:

Actually felt the club were very cool in the sacking statement after all he achieved -- feel there could have been a disciplinary issue somewhere -- the suddenness and the timing seemed v strange

One theory is he wasn't "tight-lipped" enough during his last press conference

1 minute ago, PaulieBS5 said:

His pay-off had a confidentiality cause; standard practice these days I'm afraid so no good bye to the fans, etc..

That's to be expected.  I'm sure he'd be allowed to say he "enjoyed his time", "had some great experiences", "loved the fans" though.

I guess once he's after another job he'll inevitably comment when asked.  Of course, he'll have to keep anything confidential, well, confidential.

5 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Who knows..SC was never the man to take us that next step. Forget last season, he had the best budget and bought the best players from the lower leagues. Any decent manager would of taken us close to or got us promoted last season. That's my point of view, its not wrong in my opinion but maybe to others it will (all part of a forum).

Apparently robin4ever knows although he clearly doesn't...

7 hours ago, robin4ever said:

Or he could say that he was not backed by the chairman to improve the quality of the squad and was only allowed to buy from keague 1..... Who knows hey !!

Or he could say he was backed by huge transfer fee offers for the players he wanted, but he was too ambitious & didn't have the ability to attract those players to come down... Who knows hey?!

3 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Or he could say that 6 million pound players were offered league one wages, Either way the chairmans money was safe .... We can't even attract league one players now .... But who knows why we are even less attractive now than we were two weeks ago. Hey ho ...!!

Are you suggesting Cotterill & Burt didn't know the wage structure before going for Gayle, Gray, Clough etc. Why spend the entire summer chasing players we couldn't afford?

Why are we less attractive? We've got 2 players in without a manager, I don't think we're anymore or less attractive than 2 weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

I can't see how we can be as attractive without a manager. All about opinions I suppose . I thought we hadore chance staying up with SC in charge ... You disagree... All about opinions

It certainly is & yes I think it's fair to say we disagree (although we agree on this :blink:)

12 minutes ago, foghornred said:

I think that he must have made some demands that evening as the sacking was as much a shock to the board as it was to him as they would have had someone lined up.

No I don't think that is true. There were rumours of a non normal press conference earlier in the day and a couple of posters have claimed that they knew of the sacking a bit in advance of it being in the public domain.

Archived