IGNORED

Gillingham at Home 2006 - What a front line !!.

Ashtonwurzel

I remember the five forwards being Skirton, Garland, Galley, Kellard & Sharpe. All five scored in a 5-0 win at Eastville.

Expanding this thread if I may, five players scored when we beat Chichester 11-0 and five scored when we beat Coventry 6-0 more recently. In my lifetime City have twice been promoted as Champions. Will I (or you) ever see six City players score in one game?       (Penalty shoot outs don't count).

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

I remember the five forwards being Skirton, Garland, Galley, Kellard & Sharpe. All five scored in a 5-0 win at Eastville.

Expanding this thread if I may, five players scored when we beat Chichester 11-0 and five scored when we beat Coventry 6-0 more recently. In my lifetime City have twice been promoted as Champions. Will I (or you) ever see six City players score in one game?       (Penalty shoot outs don't count).

There was a game in the "dark" fourth division days when we beat Chesterfield 5-0 at home and I'm sure there were five scorers (not sure) but I was there. Riley, Walsh, Crawford, Newman (Maybe) and a.n.other.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

I remember not many years ago we scored 13 consecutive goals by 13 different scorers. Can you imagine that with todays squad.

I still think the team we put out at Anfield in '94 is still the cause of much debate along the lines of 'how the hell did we win?'

Welch, Llewellyn, Scott, Shail, Munro, Edwards, Martin, Bent, Robinson, Allison, Tinnion...

Absolutely no disrespect meant to our heroes that night, but a Liverpool team including Grobelaar, Nicol, Ruddock, Barnes, Clough, Redknapp, McManaman and Ian Rush really should have beaten us over three games, but they didn't!!!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I still think the team we put out at Anfield in '94 is still the cause of much debate along the lines of 'how the hell did we win?'

Welch, Llewellyn, Scott, Shail, Munro, Edwards, Martin, Bent, Robinson, Allison, Tinnion...

Absolutely no disrespect meant to our heroes that night, but a Liverpool team including Grobelaar, Nicol, Ruddock, Barnes, Clough, Redknapp, McManaman and Ian Rush really should have beaten us over three games, but they didn't!!!

Robinson and Bent had their best games for the club that night. Great memories.

I'll never forget Des Lynam's quote tho, "If Bent could be finish he'd be worth £4m..." - and that was way back then when £4m was a lot of dosh for a transfer here....

Actually Bent was also amazing versus Leicester away in the FA cup, alongside Jacki.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As Russell Osman would surely tell you, all of our back four that night were decent defenders (one, Martin Scott, being an exceptional one) with no inclination to do anything else.

Preston have shown us this season that if you don't let many in, you don't lose many..

12 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Actually Bent was also amazing versus Leicester away in the FA cup, alongside Jacki.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He certainly was...

...and even better when you had him as FGS and City to win.  Remember MOTD well that night.  Leicester was a bit of a dump, but they were a friendly bunch before the game in their pubs.

39 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I remember not many years ago we scored 13 consecutive goals by 13 different scorers. Can you imagine that with todays squad.

That would be virtually impossible with the current team. The entire squad is only slightly bigger, and the rate we're scoring means it will  be the start of the 2016-17 season before we get another 13 goals. 

27 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Remember this game & a 4-3 win against them in the cup when Jevons scored hattrick.

In that 6-0 win we won a penalty & Cole Skuse of all people took it! 

Am I having a really senior moment or was that really the last time a City player has scored a hatrick?!

The old brain cells are withering but I can't think of one since?

I'm probably so wrong with this though and am preparing to cringe!

Am I having a really senior moment or was that really the last time a City player has scored a hatrick?!

The old brain cells are withering but I can't think of one since?

I'm probably so wrong with this though and am preparing to cringe!

Flint, last game of last season.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember that same season Bas Savage v Yeovil April 06...looked sure to score but just fell over. Whole ground was laughing for a good few mins it was incredible. Nervous laughter or otherwise!

He looked decent ( a tad wounded giraffe) in this game though.

Archived