IGNORED

This delay can only mean it will be Pembo

reddogkev

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Cotts record wasn't too shabby either. Actually won things. Still got binned. 

Pembo has won 1 game in three, so ******* what.

i actually don't care anymore, this season has been spoilt beyond repair, I have no interest in speculation, guessing games, it's been a complete waste of time and energy so far. 

I'm going to try and enjoy some away days they tend to be more fun than the misery, moaning and self loathing you get at the gate.

You don't care anymore but still felt compelled to tell us!!!

Cotts had a great record .......last season!!

Pembo will get the job so best judge him at the end of the season. Seems the pro Cotts brigade are against the board and any new  possible appointment. I get it. This season is like an episode of Jeremy Kyle on repeat. Hope you enjoy your away days stood up with the boys like its the good old days. Oh bless!!!

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

If they were sure about Pembo they would have appointed him officially byd now, at least until the end of the season. My guess is they're not sure, but haven't got anyone else lined up so are seeing how things go in the next two or three games.

To sack your double winning  manager half way through the transfer window is one thing... but not in itself necessarily the wrong decision...

...to not have a replacement lined up is ****ing shocking. 

I don't care how much money these cretins have... when it comes to running a football club they are boys in a man's world.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

I think Pemberton is the last person that the board or more importantly SL, would want in the job.

Been done twice before and failed.

They are taking their time as they said they would.

Can you name the two times it failed? Since 82 we have never been relegated under an internal appointment. The short term track record of such appointments is actually not too bad, certainly no worse than do called experienced managers.

For the record, Millen took over after Coppells shambles and we finished 15th in Championship with 60 points. Look what happened after he left. We have never fimished higher than that since

Tins - Not a success but he had no experience

Joe Jordan first time?

Maybe we shouldn't appoint an experienced manager after the experiences of McInnes and O Driscoll? 

2 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

I hope this is the case, need to show some ambition and intent, everyone needs a lift and Pembo does none of the above I am afraid.

Another myth, what is this ambition and intent? We are in a relegation dogfight and survival is all its about. Is anyone really deluded enough to think we can achieve much more than mid table comfort next season?

Whatever we do is a gamble, continuity might be a better bet than disruption . If the next 2/3 games go OK, just stick until end of season. If not, still time to change. Just back the team and whoever!

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I hope something happens in the next few days, the "delay" is a bit of a myth.  We're not taking a particularly long time to appoint.  Yet.

I posted this on another thread but here is a list of every club in the Championship that has changed their manager at the end of last season and how long it took them to appoint a manager:

Charlton took 2 and a half months to replace Guy Luzon

Fulham took 47 days to replace Chris Coleman

QPR took 30 days to replace Chris Ramsey.

Sheffield Wednesday took 18 days to replace Stuart Gray

Brentford took 17 days to replace Mark Warburton* (technically they knew he was leaving for months and I don't know when the appointment was made)

Reading took 13 days to replace Steve Clarke

It's currently 12 days since we sacked Cotterill

Rotherham took 11 days to replace Steve Evans

Derby took 6 days to replace McClaren

Blackburn took 5 days to replace Gary Bowyer

Huddersfield took a day to replace Chris Powell

Leeds replaced Neil Redfearn with immediate effect

It's fair to guess that Leeds, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Derby already had someone in mind (and probably lined up and broadly agreed).  We obviously didn't.  That might be a mistake but, in that context, the twelve days we've taken so far isn't a particularly long time.  Obviously it's dreadful timing with the closure of the transfer window but not a particularly long time.  I don't think we can read much into a delay that doesn't really exist. 

Chris Coleman left Fulham as manager in 2007 so not sure where you got all this info from?!

10 hours ago, shelts said:

You don't care anymore but still felt compelled to tell us!!!

Cotts had a great record .......last season!!

Pembo will get the job so best judge him at the end of the season. Seems the pro Cotts brigade are against the board and any new  possible appointment. I get it. This season is like an episode of Jeremy Kyle on repeat. Hope you enjoy your away days stood up with the boys like its the good old days. Oh bless!!!

Oh he will be judged no doubt about that, that's what we do isn't it, judge people.

im in the it's stupid to make decisions without a plan brigade, we've got a few working days left of the window with no manager and no permanent signings.

but I'm glad you get it and weren't patronising about it. Cheers mate.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Oh he will be judged no doubt about that, that's what we do isn't it, judge people.

im in the it's stupid to make decisions without a plan brigade, we've got a few working days left of the window with no manager and no permanent signings.

but I'm glad you get it and weren't patronising about it. Cheers mate.

This has been the most frustrating season in my memory of supporting the Redz and tbf I'm hurting all over how things have gone. If we were given the answers I could accept. When we have no info it creates healthy opinions and debate. One thing for sure we r City till we die!!

14 hours ago, cynic said:

I think Pemberton is the last person that the board or more importantly SL, would want in the job.

Been done twice before and failed.

They are taking their time as they said they would.

Well, it would appear you're wrong. As the board have just announced that's exactly who they think is the best person that should lead us to the end of the season.  Unsurprising, but what a shame it's come to this after all that great work last season. 

14 minutes ago, cynic said:

I must have missed that announcement by the board, but I have read Stockhausens spin on it which is not the same thing.

But a job till the end of the season isn't giving Pemberton the job full time and, as I said, they are taking their time in selecting the right bloke - who may not be available at this time, who knows ?

Maybe the "right man" isn't available yet, but I doubt that.  There are plenty of managers out there, it's not like they're waiting for Pep Guardiola.  It makes no sense to me.  Surely SC had more connections in the transfer market than Pembo?  So, it's better to sack a manager in the middle of a transfer window then replace him with the understudy for the rest of the season. I guess it takes the pressure off the temp manager as it's a win win.  If he does well then he might get the job, if not then it's only a temp replacement anyway.  It seems more to me that they might be preparing for league 1 rather than pulling out the stops to stay up.  Whether that's a practical business strategy I don't know.  Maybe Ashton can answer that.

On 1/15/2016 at 12:55, ciderup said:

They took over the Barrs Court Inn fishy.

I just text the owner, they're not even open yet. It's bollox!

Cracking good wind up though to be fair.

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Charlton took 2 and a half months to replace G

Fulham took 47 days to replace Chris Coleman

QPR took 30 days to replace Chris Ramsey.

Sheffield Wednesday took 18 days to replace Stuart Gray

Brentford took 17 days to replace Mark Warburton* (technically they knew he was leaving for months and I don't know when the appointment was made)

Reading took 13 days to replace Steve Clarke

It's currently 12 days since we sacked Cotterill

Rotherham took 11 days to replace Steve Evans

Derby took 6 days to replace McClaren

Blackburn took 5 days to replace Gary Bowyer

Huddersfield took a day to replace Chris Powell

Leeds replaced Neil Redfearn with immediate effect

I wonder what difference these changes have made to these teams. How many have ended up improving? How many have worsened? How many stayed much the same?

I think Rotherham have picked up a little. Fulham have continued to drop. Derby about the same. At least we only need to improve by one place and two points (currently). We need an improvement but not an enormous one

The more I see Pembo pictured with the new additions, and hear his comments, the more I am becoming convinced that JP is in charge until the end of the season.

He looks and seems at home as the boss.

Presuming he does stay in charge, the key question is then - what to do in the summer?

20 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Cotts record wasn't too shabby either. Actually won things. Still got binned. 

Pembo has won 1 game in three, so ******* what.

i actually don't care anymore, this season has been spoilt beyond repair, I have no interest in speculation, guessing games, it's been a complete waste of time and energy so far. 

I'm going to try and enjoy some away days they tend to be more fun than the misery, moaning and self loathing you get at the gate.

His record in L1 was superb, his record in the Championship was appalling. In fact at this level worse than GJ, KM, Del and SOD at this level. It was right to bin him off, especially if the club want to push on.

The bottom bit I agree with 100%, away days are much more fun and there are some cracking away days coming up :)

8 hours ago, fishy said:

Well, it would appear you're wrong. As the board have just announced that's exactly who they think is the best person that should lead us to the end of the season.  Unsurprising, but what a shame it's come to this after all that great work last season. 

Has there been an announcement then? I missed that....when was it? What exactly was the announcement?

Cheers...

Archived