IGNORED

Beards

NOTBLUE

As a little light relief from all the transfer/manager talk,I was thinking that with the beard now being fashionable,what is the best or worst beard you have seen on a footballer. Mine would be in the worst category and would be,one for the older posters,Trevor Hockey of Sheffield United,reply if you can be bothered.

6 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

As a little light relief from all the transfer/manager talk,I was thinking that with the beard now being fashionable,what is the best or worst beard you have seen on a footballer. Mine would be in the worst category and would be,one for the older posters,Trevor Hockey of Sheffield United,reply if you can be bothered.

I can't be bothered.

Plenty of footballers follow the latest hair style. Does anyone remember the bubble cut and the mullet?  Kevin Keegan had the bubble cut and Hoddle and Waddle both had mullets.

More recently it's been the old fashioned "short back and sides". Very common amongst today's footballers. My dad used say that it was only style to have back in the 60's when I was a boy but then my 'ol man was an old fashioned type of guy. 

Beards are trendy amongst the young lads these days and footballers are mostly "lads" so it's surprise to see so many dedicated followers of fashion. 

Personally I reckon the mullet was the worst by a long way. 

7 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Been on trend for at least 5 years now, as is the tasche with these hipster types.

Marlon Packs bum fluff was hideous looked like a 14 year old, all patchy and thin.

mines so thick and heavy,,I could provide the whole city squad with enough facial hair for a squad full of beards.

it seems to work in in Italy, all the best players have beards, it's probably are best chance of survival, apart from signing a defensive midfielder and a striker who actually has more than one foot.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Plenty of footballers follow the latest hair style. Does anyone remember the bubble cut and the mullet?  Kevin Keegan had the bubble cut and Hoddle and Waddle both had mullets.

More recently it's been the old fashioned "short back and sides". Very common amongst today's footballers. My dad used say that it was only style to have back in the 60's when I was a boy but then my 'ol man was an old fashioned type of guy. 

Beards are trendy amongst the young lads these days and footballers are mostly "lads" so it's surprise to see so many dedicated followers of fashion. 

Personally I reckon the mullet was the worst by a long way. 

Saw a picture on facebook a few weeks back, basically saying in 20 years people will look back on the beards like people now look back on mullets. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Been on trend for at least 5 years now, as is the tasche with these hipster types.

Marlon Packs bum fluff was hideous looked like a 14 year old, all patchy and thin.

mines so thick and heavy,,I could provide the whole city squad with enough facial hair for a squad full of beards.

it seems to work in in Italy, all the best players have beards, it's probably are best chance of survival, apart from signing a defensive midfielder and a striker who actually has more than one foot.

They look like should be on a fresco or a classical painting.

The current trend for bushy beards amongst young hipster men is a response to the rise of feminism, and the emasculation of men in the workplace and threat that men feel by birds doing stuff like er, working, and taking over at work and er, the proliferation of sex toys, and er, some other stuff where blokes feel useless and all that. I read this in a magazine while waiting at the dentist. A woman dentist.

I blame Karen Brady, Eva Carneiro, Cheri Lunghi and the successful England women's football team, especially that Lucy Bronze.

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The current trend for bushy beards amongst young hipster men is a response to the rise of feminism, and the emasculation of men in the workplace and threat that men feel by birds doing stuff like er, working, and taking over at work and er, the proliferation of sex toys, and er, some other stuff where blokes feel useless and all that. I read this in a magazine while waiting at the dentist. A woman dentist.

I blame Karen Brady, Eva Carneiro, Cheri Lunghi and the successful England women's football team, especially that Lucy Bronze.

like, "look what I can do, and you can't…"

Archived