IGNORED

What Do I Need To Know?

Pacer

Basically, we think we should be better than we are, not many permanent players because we don't have a manager or an owner who wants to pay the wages. Last time around, in 2007, we were a Dean Windass goal away from the Premier League, and tightarse agents forced us into paying ok-ish championship players a shit tonne of money. Wages spiralled out of control and we tumbled down the 72 until Steve Cotterill came along. He led us to a League 1 title and the JPT after some shrewd signings and eschewing the 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 for the ever so ballsy 3-5-2. We won the league at a canter, spawning moments like "Flint said no, no, no" (Google it). This season has been hit and miss. SC, Lansdown and Keith Burt floundered in the transfer market, aiming way out of our league for players such as Gray and Gayle, rather than trying to establish ourselves by signing good championship players. SC was sacked recently, and the messiah AKA Big Pemby AKA John Pemeberton is the interim manager tasked with saving our season. Thats about it for VERY recent history.

1 hour ago, Pacer said:

Eager to learn about the club, Google is helpful but I have a feeling this forum would be a huge help!

You're after Crystal Palace, Adebayor :P

Pacer, you join another City supporter from the good ole USA, my son in law, who comes from Texas. He is just ending his service with the USN and was a City supporter before he met and married my daughter. Look forward to a Coney Island roller coaster ride with us. !!!

Right then this is the Greatest Football ( NOT Soccer) team the world has ever seen

We don't care much for The Gas( Bristol Rovers),Bahhdiff City (Cardiff City) Swindle(Swindon Town) Millwall 

Go from there and if your any good at tactics you might get the manager/coach job as well as we don't do too well with managers either.

WELCOME...

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Pacer, you join another City supporter from the good ole USA, my son in law, who comes from Texas. He is just ending his service with the USN and was a City supporter before he met and married my daughter. Look forward to a Coney Island roller coaster ride with us. !!!

There was a City fan, in Texas who met and married (a presumably) City fan? Jeez, what are the odds on that!

As for you @Pacer - turn back, there's still time. Just keep calling it football, if I ever hear the 's' word it brings me out in a rash. There's a pretty decent NFL thread on the non football chat if you're interested....#whodat :)

Basically if you start to regularly read the threads you must be prepared for certain rules:

1) Thread starts

2) Somebody makes a perfectly reasonable comment, but is insulted by somebody with a different opinion. 

3) Counter insults flow back and forth. 

4) Thread goes off at a tangent 

5) Back to original subject 

There are also other opinions that must not be disagreed with - e g standing is better than sitting; those who go in certain stands at the ground are better than those who go in other stands; the board is useless; everyone should wave a flag; don't mention  Gary Johnson (sorry, I've just did); everyone who goes into the corporate / hospitality areas eats prawn sandwiches; if somebody wears a suit they are evil (calling somebody a "suit" is the biggest insult possible); "red trousers" is a person, a bit like Voldemort; hedgehogs can control your mind 

Best of luck!

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

There was a City fan, in Texas who met and married (a presumably) City fan? Jeez, what are the odds on that!

As for you @Pacer - turn back, there's still time. Just keep calling it football, if I ever hear the 's' word it brings me out in a rash. There's a pretty decent NFL thread on the non football chat if you're interested....#whodat :)

Soccer is not an Américanism. 

Now , Woodsy will come back at me with a light insult .

i will point out that he's is totally wrong and that he probably does n't know his Father and that his mother has a face like a baboon's arse .

He will find some banal low level insult .

i will spit in the face of his low level insult and place à stealth insult in my reply which only certain ITK posters will understand .

Woodsy will then get all hissy and invite me to share a drink somewhere and it all ends up happily ever after .

In a nutshell .

( the ITK's will be doing this  :rofl2br:in réaction to my last sentence ) 

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Soccer is not an Américanism. 

Now , Woodsy will come back at me with a light insult .

i will point out that he's is totally wrong and that he probably does n't know his Father and that his mother has a face like a baboon's arse .

He will find some banal low level insult .

i will spit in the face of his low level insult and place à stealth insult in my reply which only certain ITK posters will understand .

Woodsy will then get all hissy and invite me to share a drink somewhere and it all ends up happily ever after .

In a nutshell .

( the ITK's will be doing this  :rofl2br:in réaction to my last sentence ) 

Major, I don't care if 'soccer' is an Amercanism or not, it's just wrong

You are a ******* idiot, thank God you're in France and not depriving me of oxygen over here

Fancy a pint / glass of red?

Pacer,  

This forum is a good place to start as you can seen what a diverse and opinionated community we are - with a unique sense of humour thrown in (you have to have one if you follow City).  Once hooked remember it is for life and not just Christmas but you have chosen the greatest of teams that will drive you wild with delight, infuriate you and frustrate you all in one year.  

I for one am a firm believer of following family traditions and so many of us align ourselves to the club because of parents or grandparents and so you may be a few generations late but you are doing the right thing.

You might have noticed that we are in a trough this year (you should have seen us last year  where we had a league (1) and Cup (Johnstone's Paint undercoat trophy) double.  We all thought we were on the up and then...........We will recover - and then drop again but that's what we do.

Make sure you log into the BCFC official site to keep up with the news and if you every come to England make sure you attend match.  

Keep a look out your end to see if any matches are being shown - it does happen.

You might want to subscribe to the Bristol City PlayerHD where they show brief highlights of games along with interviews with players etc.

Don't forget Youtube as there is plenty of videos from BCFC and Bristol Sport to watch.  The list goes on enjoy the ride.

Zed

Archived