IGNORED

What Do I Need To Know?

Pacer

3 minutes ago, Zed@BCFC said:

Pacer,  

Once hooked remember it is for life and not just Christmas but you have chosen the greatest of teams that will drive you wild with delight, infuriate you and frustrate you all in one year.   

A year?

How about every week and even during a single  game!

4 hours ago, grove park city said:

Right then this is the Greatest Football ( NOT Soccer) team the world has ever seen

We don't care much for The Gas( Bristol Rovers),Bahhdiff City (Cardiff City) Swindle(Swindon Town) Millwall 

Go from there and if your any good at tactics you might get the manager/coach job as well as we don't do too well with managers either.

WELCOME...

I know we 'hate' the word 'soccer' and I know it's an old debate but 'soccer' is older than 'football' in terms of when it was first used. 'Soccer' dates back to the mid-1800s and it was first used by us English...

6 hours ago, Pacer said:

Hi there!

Just came across this site and had to sign up. While doing some research on my family history I discovered that both my mother and father's sides are traced back to Bristol, England. I'm a Football fan living "across the pond" and I've decided to become a full supporter of Bristol City FC.

I'm sure there's a lot of intelligent and well informed individuals on this site so I come to all of you to ask, what should I know about BCFC upfront? Eager to learn about the club, Google is helpful but I have a feeling this forum would be a huge help!

Thanks in advance.

Depending where you live there are various USA Bristol City associated fan groups. I've watched a few games with the NYC lads top bunch.

ps GOOD CHOICE.

6 hours ago, Pacer said:

Hi there!

Just came across this site and had to sign up. While doing some research on my family history I discovered that both my mother and father's sides are traced back to Bristol, England. I'm a Football fan living "across the pond" and I've decided to become a full supporter of Bristol City FC.

I'm sure there's a lot of intelligent and well informed individuals on this site so I come to all of you to ask, what should I know about BCFC upfront? Eager to learn about the club, Google is helpful but I have a feeling this forum would be a huge help!

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Bristol City family. Where in th USA are you located?

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know we 'hate' the word 'soccer' and I know it's an old debate but 'soccer' is older than 'football' in terms of when it was first used. 'Soccer' dates back to the mid-1800s and it was first used by us English...

Exactly - soccer as an abbreviation of "association" to distinguish it from rugger, for rugby. Not an American origin for obvious reasons.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Exactly - soccer as an abbreviation of "association" to distinguish it from rugger, for rugby. Not an American origin for obvious reasons.

Pah, look at you two with your knowledge (never knew that!)

Doesn't make it right though!

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nooooo damn lies I tell thee!!

No more spots for American supporters, sorry. Nah, just kidding. Though you came at a good time. We're struggling and apparently it's the norm. So you can acclimate to it normally. I moved here last season and expected a playoff push. Imagine my disappointment. 

Dont listen to them about Pack. Does a lovely job for us in there. Remember it Jonathan Kodjia. Like Cod-Ja not Wheelie Bin. Some guys named fielding and flint are in the building and having a party. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All i know is when i was a little un not one other kid said to me do you want to play soccer it was football or kickabout sounds like a rewrite of history to use that other term.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Pah, look at you two with your knowledge (never knew that!)

Doesn't make it right though!

Classic English behaviour. Kicking off when a former colony uses your own words against you. 'Soccer' is used across the Irish Sea as well. I've attached a picture of a real football team below. Hope this helps.

inp0849745.jpg

20 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Classic English behaviour. Kicking off when a former colony uses your own words against you. 'Soccer' is used across the Irish Sea as well. I've attached a picture of a real football team below. Hope this helps.

inp0849745.jpg

Kerry man huh? I'd have thought you'd like the Corkies, they play in red. You from Kerry?

41 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

inp0849745.jpg

They've not got shinpads on, that's not proper football. You can call that 'soccer', you have my permission!

Here's what I know....

If you know something about the secret goings on at the club then you can claim to be ITK (In The Know.)

If you haven't the faintest idea of what's going on at the club, you too can claim to be ITK.

You simply post the piece of information (bullet proof, 24-carat fact, or total boredom-induced horse mess) into a post and sit back and watch.

In an often frenzied fashion, we all then spend the following three days discussing and replying to everyone and anyone who either is, or isn't, offically ITK as to whether the story originates because the information came from someone genuinely ITK, or that they heard it from someone else ITK, someone pretending to be ITK, or someone not ITK to any degree, with many more permutations inbetween.

Like this very post, it can be a challenge. But it is a constant and continual theme, so as a fully fledged member of OTIB, please join us. 

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

Kerry man huh? I'd have thought you'd like the Corkies, they play in red. You from Kerry?

My family are. I don't mind Cork at all though, partly because of their contribution to the Munster Rugby team and partly because they're no great threat in the football anyway.

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

They've not got shinpads on, that's not proper football. You can call that 'soccer', you have my permission!

Get with the times, man. Shinpads are so last year... I thought you'd be all for 'soccer' as an allegedly decent rugby man.

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

My family are. I don't mind Cork at all though, partly because of their contribution to the Munster Rugby team and partly because they're no great threat in the football anyway.

Get with the times, man. Shinpads are so last year... I thought you'd be all for 'soccer' as an allegedly decent rugby man.

I cannot stand the word. Rugby doesn't need a second name, nor cricket

Note - for all the rugby haters, egg chasing doesn't count.....

11 hours ago, Pacer said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the football forum equivalent of "One flew over the cuckoos nest"....good luck,old fellow!!!

4 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Here's what I know....

If you know something about the secret goings on at the club then you can claim to be ITK (In The Know.)

If you haven't the faintest idea of what's going on at the club, you too can claim to be ITK.

You simply post the piece of information (bullet proof, 24-carat fact, or total boredom-induced horse mess) into a post and sit back and watch.

In an often frenzied fashion, we all then spend the following three days discussing and replying to everyone and anyone who either is, or isn't, offically ITK as to whether the story originates because the information came from someone genuinely ITK, or that they heard it from someone else ITK, someone pretending to be ITK, or someone not ITK to any degree, with many more permutations inbetween.

Like this very post, it can be a challenge. But it is a constant and continual theme, so as a fully fledged member of OTIB, please join us. 

This is all true, HOWEVER, it should be understood that any information originating from Twitter will be assumed to be undisputed fact. Furthermore,  anyone posting a Twitter-based rumour is entitled to claim to have a 'reliable source'  and as such may be recognised as being ITK.

12 hours ago, Pacer said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance.

Hmm

Hello Pacer.

As you can see many intelligent and well informed individuals are keen to help a fellow full supporter, which team did you support before and/or still do in addition to Bristol City FC?

Out of interest, where across the pond?

What sort of information would you like to know that you cannot find out on Google?

13 hours ago, Pacer said:

Hi there!

I'm sure there's a lot of intelligent and 'swell informed individuals on this site so I come to all of you to ask, what should I know about BCFC upfront? Eager to learn about the club, Google is helpful but I have a feeling this forum would be a huge help!

Thanks in advance.

A poorly managed club that is still piss after 109 years

Archived