IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

A point gained but two lost

Simply not good enough to avoid the drop

Come on City we need a goalscorer

Hopefully someone will have the bottle to bring all our forwards in at 9 am tomorrow for extra practice and keep them there until each forward scores at least ten goals against an empty net !

This result in our first home game of the season would have been fine; after all takes time to gel a new side.  On the other hand all the new boys would have been match fit

I have real doubts we can overcome the shambles of the summer and the intransigence of SC to Christmas until next season in league 1

same old, same old .  City are a third tier side sadly.

Agree entirely that this should have all happened over the summer. It did not and we are were we are. Will take the new players time to settle in, and it is going to be very tight.

4pts against Bro, Leeds and Bham is the top end of what I could see. Scoring is a problem, and in this game, a pretty big one. Lets see where we are after the next handful of games.  not over yet, by a long way.

Edited by cityexile
1 minute ago, samo II said:

Here's hoping that those involved in bringing players to the club watched today's game, came to a similar conclusion, and have a busy and productive 48 hours.

Really wasn't much wrong today, defensively we were sound again at home. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Really wasn't much wrong today, defensively we were sound again at home. 

Ignoring the WBA game, that is just one goal against in three games, but only one for too, so it's clear more options up front could make all the difference.

Tomlin sound like he's going to make us more lively going forwards, and we certainly have options in that attacking third when it comes to midfielders, but we are crying out for another option to both compliment/swap out for Kodjia; bringing on Wilbraham or Agard doesn't feel like a progressive change, unfortunately.

How many chances did Kodjia actually have though? He scored the one I can remember even though it was offside. I don't think Smith would necessarily Crete as many chances either. What's the point in having all these creative players if your striker can't go in behind. We should've won today blame the ref he missed 2 absolute stonewalls. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

How many chances did Kodjia actually have though? He scored the one I can remember even though it was offside. I don't think Smith would necessarily Crete as many chances either. What's the point in having all these creative players if your striker can't go in behind. We should've won today blame the ref he missed 2 absolute stonewalls. 

It's about options; big fan of Kodjia, and think it sounds like he's been a threat all day today, but we need someone to be able to come on or start on his place who can push him, as don't think Agard or Wilbraham offer the same sort of danger to oppositon defences.

Having options in attacking midfield and defence is a positive; just need it up top too.

WANTED

One manager, two strikers (match fit) needed in next few days.  Preference given to manager who can bring the two strikers with him.

WANTED

Large consignment of rockets to fire up the backsides of lackadaisical forwards 

WANTED

For season 2016/17 20 thousand people to fill free seats at league one ground in West of England at every home match

Kodjia needs someone alongside him. He's really very ineffective in this 4-2-3-1 and looks very isolated indeed. 

Freeman was a different player second half. He got the ball stuck in his feet early on and that was it - all confidence shot and he didn't trust himself. 

Wes had some poor crosses and some bad touches, but that is what can happen being dropped into a game with the weight of hope and expectation. Totally understandable, but even still you can guarantee they didn't like playing against him. 

O Donnell showed he is a shot stopper too. Sign him up fast before someone else notices just how solid he is. Big fan of what I've seen so far. 

Agard and Wilbs both had very strong chances at the end (and better than Kodj had at any point in the game). 

Ref was absolutely shocking.