IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I have read it all and in your words re SC's interviews if he didn't mean it why say it, you can't have both ways always.

Mate...SC always complained about something...it was never his fault...bad luck, not enough players etc,etc...never graceful in defeat. You can't deny that...Pemberton has been a breath of fresh air in his interviews by comparison. Glad I don't have to listen and watch his sulking face anymore.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Mate...SC always complained about something...it was never his fault...bad luck, not enough players etc,etc...never graceful in defeat. You can't deny that...Pemberton has been a breath of fresh air in his interviews by comparison. Glad I don't have to listen and watch his sulking face anymore.

My particular favourite was how Colchester were well known for faking head injuries ;)

• Like 1

Well, nil nil - not sure how to feel about that.

Charlton's result makes that game the most important game for a good long time.

Also; will be very interested in the highlights- if Kodjia was onside and the penalty actually a penalty, then we can add them to the list of terrible decisions against us this year.

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Swapping him for Tomlin... great decision :facepalm:

Pembo is doing everything to write himself out of the job which I suppose we should thank him for! happy to eat my hat.

what a miss by Agard.

Tomlin was not fully match fit, good decision by JP, you wait until he is fully fit, very good player and most of the chances in the first half came through him.

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Pembo said last week that you make your own luck and wouldn't say we 'deserved' a better result.

He say's it like it is...unlike SC who always made excuses.

I preferred SC's moaning... more passion.

5 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

Tomlin is not match he was never going to play 90 mins get a grip !

Oh I have a grip fella... but Burns? Pleeeeeeeease. Poor decision plain and simples.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Clean sheets against Mbro and Bham. Sounds like we really should have won, but said that to often this season. Decent point in isolation, signs of life. Need things to go our way against Charlton and MK.

Will watch MK's game tomorrow against Chelsea and see how they do, I don't give them much chance, but you never know the way Chelsea are playing.

A point gained but two lost

Simply not good enough to avoid the drop

Come on City we need a goalscorer

Hopefully someone will have the bottle to bring all our forwards in at 9 am tomorrow for extra practice and keep them there until each forward scores at least ten goals against an empty net !

This result in our first home game of the season would have been fine; after all takes time to gel a new side.  On the other hand all the new boys would have been match fit

I have real doubts we can overcome the shambles of the summer and the intransigence of SC to Christmas until next season in league 1

same old, same old .  City are a third tier side sadly.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

FFS where does 'grace' enter into the modern game? honestly pass the prawn sandwiches FFS, i'll tell you what I will wait for his post match interview, but exactly what do you expect him to say?.

1). We need a striker.

2). Referee got some key decisions wrong.

3). Should have taken our chances.

4). Result unfair.

Those fall into your category for SC.

of course he could also say some of my players may not be good enough.

Its a big ask for Smith to save us from the drop but that is what it might have to come down to.. I suppose its a final roll of the dice tomorrow and into Monday and then if that fails its loan signing from Feb 7th. I am sure Tomlin will score for us but we for sure need firepower and fast and haven't we all been saying that for the last 6 months.

Edited by havanatopia