IGNORED

Wes Burns

Londoner

4 minutes ago, Forza Revolution said:

Shred of evidence or foundation eh haha ??  

That's my starting point and 'everything ' I have seen or heard suggests completely the opposite to your insinuation ?

You can also add I've never seen a post criticising Wes's character before yours

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

He's got pace but not much else from what I have seen. Think league two is his level.

I think I'd take posts like this far more seriously if I didn't remember posts on here saying exactly the same about Yannick Bolasie when he was here.  He was even then characterised as an all-pace one-trick pony with no potential who'd sink into obscurity when he left for Crystal Palace and he was a couple of years older than Wes.  A run in a team that had confidence in him and look where he is now?

I'm not saying Wes can achieve the same but I am saying people are far too quick to judge young players.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think I'd take posts like this far more seriously if I didn't remember posts on here saying exactly the same about Yannick Bolasie when he was here.  He was even then characterised as an all-pace one-trick pony with no potential who'd sink into obscurity when he left for Crystal Palace and he was a couple of years older than Wes.  A run in a team that had confidence in him and look where he is now?

I'm not saying Wes can achieve the same but I am saying people are far too quick to completely write off young players.

Corrected that for you LB ;)

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Certainly accurate in this thread.  I find it a bizarre position to read so much into one bad performance.

Me too LB

Especially after playing some significant parts and impactin some recent games with real signs of 'breaking through'

Ridiculous

One thing not to expect from any young player always used to be consistency - that's obviously changed in the 'new era'

We are expecting young players to dig us out of a hole that's not their doing

23 hours ago, RedM said:

Not himself today for sure. I'd say he needs time more than people saying he can't be trusted to play. Not sure where he is going to get that game time from though, maybe he does need another loan spell as Bobby Reid seemed to have benefited, although not yet the finished product.

We've all had bad days at work, but I doubt if many of us have 15,000 pairs if eyes watching us and all the (social) media reports too.

Not to mention the 100s who don't even go to the game, but post vehemently on OTIB type sites to vent their fury at such poor performances and attempt to explain/justify why he should never be seen in a City shirt again.... 

On 30/01/2016 at 17:48, Londoner said:

Time to go out on loan.

I appreciate he is a local lad and helped us in recent weeks, but in our current predicament I'm not convinced he is the answer. Very suprised gladwin wasn't given an opportunity.....all good for giving local lads a go but we have more strength in depth now.

as I'm sure we can all agree Wes was awful today....going forward fine you make mistKes but defensively he nearly cost us twice.....one by losing the ball in the box and again when completely ignoring the runner....no excuse for that.

im expecting to get shot down for this but I really don't think there is much value in playing him now we have gladwin tomlin etc.

A bad day at the office....we all have them.can still have a role/impact for the rest of the season and a useful option in the squad.a lot to learn and think he will..........

I have seen nothing to suggest that he won't be another Marvin Brown. His final ball really is poor and his finishing isn't great either. 

I will be happily proven wrong but he was poor from what I hear at two league two clubs last season. Stats seem to back this up as well.

If he was signed from another club and didn't come through our academy more people would be saying what I am.

I have n't seen enough of Burns to say whether he'll make it or not ( i suspect he will ) but i have seen enough young players to know that they can't perform consistently like an older pro can .

It's mindless negative criticism from 'supporters' which makes it harder for a youngster to break through at our club .

Some people live in la la land where players are computer generated and never have problems like lack of confidence , tiredness or injury .

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Gone out on loan to Fleetwood, slightly strange as I feel he certainly has something to offer and should be in and around the squad. Oh well, hope he does well. Shame his EURO hopes seem to have faded away

A bit surprising but I guess we have signed a couple of attacking midfielders.  Hopefully it's a sign there is another face coming in soon...

57 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Gone out on loan to Fleetwood, slightly strange as I feel he certainly has something to offer and should be in and around the squad. Oh well, hope he does well. Shame his EURO hopes seem to have faded away

Maybe Shtanley. However I would suggest his hopes of squeezing in the squad for Wales would be enhanced by going there and doing well. It would only take a few goals, assists and an injury to a forward and he could be right back in with a shout. Good luck to the boy!p

and he gets to play at Highbury every two weeks. Not many can say that, including Arsenal! :laugh:!

Archived