IGNORED

Wes Burns

Londoner

48 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I disagree. Bad day at the office but don't forget their centre back should have been given a red when Burns was chopped down through on goal. I think he has a part to play. 

Sorry but I think it was more a case of falling to try and cover up his poor control of a great pass to him from pack.

Really really poor today & just not on his game at all. To me it looked like he was sulking after only being on the bench. I think he has seen the starting line up & it is clear that Pembo prefers Reid now & Wes hasn't taken the news well at all. The boy either needs to play upfront in a two or not at all. He isn't a right winger that is for sure - he doesn't have any type of trick (not even a step over) and couldn't cross a road. One thing is for sure, he needs to man up & get on with it or go out on loan to somewhere where he can get a game as a striker.

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He certainly can't cross the ball. I thought Freeman looked so good on the right, I wonder whether playing burns on the left would have been better, or just bringing on gladwin. 

Thought Gladwin would come on too.

Wes had a shocker when he came in, but he's young, and he'll have days like this.  Those two crosses - not sure what he was trying, but got his technique all wrong.  But he'll come again.  He's shown enough for me in flashes to have faith in him.  Accept it was a bad day and get behind him next time.  Next time he might be on fire.

12 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Sheffield Wednesday away at RWB. Our best player. Barely featured after that.

Good display then, but today he was awful defensively. After he came on City looked very exposed  down that side. He gave Little no help at all and made some big mistakes. Add that to his awful attacking and it's done nothing to enhance his claims to a first team place. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

I disagree. Bad day at the office but don't forget their centre back should have been given a red when Burns was chopped down through on goal. I think he has a part to play. 

No way a red. Ball had already gone. First touch of a pissed wildebeest had already volleyed it back to the keeper before the challenge came in.

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good display then, but today he was awful defensively. After he came on City looked very exposed  down that side. He gave Little no help at all and made some big mistakes. Add that to his awful attacking and it's done nothing to enhance his claims to a first team place. 

Today not good. Last week man of the match against Prem opposition. Week before that got the better of Adomah and scored the winner against the best side in the league. Give him a break.

We cry for him to get minutes, get minutes and we slate him, we need every fan to get behind players, good days happen yes and bad days too, he is young and he will learn. End of the day we got a point today, didn't lose against a very good team, I say well done Wes and keep trying

Shame Burns had an off game today as it looked like when he came on their left back had already been run ragged by Little and Freeman so it felt like it was a great substitution.

Did get me wondering though. Little seems to regularly beat left backs by literally running through them. Could he do a job up higher with a solid right back behind him?

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don't know, let me check back through all the times Cotterill gave him more than a minute...!

To be clear, I don't think he's the answer to all our problems as some do, just that he's entitled to have a bad day at the office, as we all do.

As u said, Freeman's had 20 odd bad days and still gets picked week in week out!

to be fair he had already hoofed two balls out of play, given the ball away in his own box and the completely failed to track his man.

So yea, a professional footballer at this level is bound to get some stick after that.

Expecting the inexperienced to save our season says it all really.

The lad needs games, probably at league one level to gain experience yet we can't afford to let him go owing to numbers. Not only has the summer debacle effected us as a club, it's detrimental to players like Burns also. 

That said, I'd have him in the squad over Reid. 

8 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Couldn't believe the reaction he got when he accidentally dribbled the ball out of play from the fans in the dolman. That probably ****** his confidence completely. 

I think it was the near disastrous back pass that played on his mind and led to the inept display.  

One dire 25 minutes doesn't make Wes a bad player though. I don't think he might be getting game time for a little while though.

46 minutes ago, Londoner said:

to be fair he had already hoofed two balls out of play, given the ball away in his own box and the completely failed to track his man.

So yea, a professional footballer at this level is bound to get some stick after that.

Absolutely, I was in no way defending his performance today!

Not himself today for sure. I'd say he needs time more than people saying he can't be trusted to play. Not sure where he is going to get that game time from though, maybe he does need another loan spell as Bobby Reid seemed to have benefited, although not yet the finished product.

We've all had bad days at work, but I doubt if many of us have 15,000 pairs if eyes watching us and all the (social) media reports too.

Pack was hideously bad through tout the start of the season and he's Ben getting 90'minutes in a pivotal position.

Personally I think he's lucky to be still at the club, yet now he's seemingly improved and forming a great partnership with Smithy, should we have binned him or stuck with him judging by todays game?

Wes will come good but it's tough coming off the bench for two minutes when the games gone and already gone, give the lad a more consistent run in things and the boy will improve ten fold. Sending the boy off loan is not the right move especially when we have the amazing striking options we have at the moment is ludicrous.

Its a good job we kept faith in Flint, remember his first season!!!!!!

Burns did have an off day, defo needs game time to get more experience, love to see Reid when he gets to run, but he too lacks experience and does not have the strength to play midfield every game.

even so can't mistake the lift the 3 bristol lads give the team when they link up at their best!

Archived