IGNORED

Every man and his dog could tell you.....

Thatwasclose

5 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't believe he's good enough.

He's 26, so no kid and has had the best part of the season to bed in. Instead his contribution is deteriorating. The move to get the French scout to come and baby sit is a bad sign.  He'll be gone is the summer whatever division we're in and I, for one, won't miss him.

I know this is swimming against the tide on this forum, but I'm far from alone in this view. 

I agree with you. I suspect that Codger isn't quite upto the rigours of the Championship just yet  but......I am prepared to see how he acclimates to English football and to be patient. 

The Chelsea legend Didier Droga was very average during his first PL season but look what he became. Hopefully Codger will make a similar step up,

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't believe he's good enough.

He's 26, so no kid and has had the best part of the season to bed in. Instead his contribution is deteriorating. The move to get the French scout to come and baby sit is a bad sign.  He'll be gone is the summer whatever division we're in and I, for one, won't miss him.

I know this is swimming against the tide on this forum, but I'm far from alone in this view. 

I'm sure people are tired of me posting about Kodjia but the guy has got the same goals as JORDAN RHODES, MOUSSA DEMBELE CHRIS MARTIN 

He's also got more goals than BRETT PITMAN TOMER HEMED TOM INCE SAM VOKES

First season in English football and he's in the top 10 goal scorers. For a bottom 3 team. I really can't comprehend why some people would say he's "not good enough" 

21 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'm sure people are tired of me posting about Kodjia but the guy has got the same goals as JORDAN RHODES, MOUSSA DEMBELE CHRIS MARTIN 

He's also got more goals than BRETT PITMAN TOMER HEMED TOM INCE SAM VOKES

First season in English football and he's in the top 10 goal scorers. For a bottom 3 team. I really can't comprehend why some people would say he's "not good enough" 

He may have ten goals but let's be fair he should be up to  fifteen with the chances he's been missing since he arrived in August.

10 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

He may have ten goals but let's be fair he should be up to  fifteen with the chances he's been missing since he arrived in August.

True, but when you consider he'd self made most...

On 30 January 2016 at 18:04, Thatwasclose said:

Kodjia is not a lone striker. He can't really play that well with his back to goal.

He is our best player and the formation gets close to 0.5% out of him. If you are going to start with one upfront it has to be Wilbraham.

Being 36 now wills is as mobile a an asthmatic slug age as caught up unfortunately!

On 30 January 2016 at 18:04, Thatwasclose said:

Kodjia is not a lone striker. He can't really play that well with his back to goal.

He is our best player and the formation gets close to 0.5% out of him. If you are going to start with one upfront it has to be Wilbraham.

I totally disagree. Kodjia may not be prolific but everything in his game apart from his finishing is top end championship. If we play wilbs we need runners behind him which we struggle to do. 

I think JK would benefit from someone up top with him. But near enough every team struggles to get 2 strikers on the pitch and keep it tight. 

He is our best striker as it stands and he will be the lone striker unless something changes tomorrow. 

On 30/01/2016 at 18:23, City Rocker said:

He wasn't blaming Kodjia for our misfortune, he was suggesting Kodjia isn't as effective in this formation as a lone striker. I agree with that.

Codger would be a real handful playing off a decent,experienced target man.JP knows this so am living in hope!!.....

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I'd like to see this as our front four.

New striker 

Freeman      Tomlin         Kodjia

I think Kodjia would suit a wide right attacking role, and he could interchange with Freeman to keep the opposition on their toes! 

How's a one footed player (right) supposed to cut in and score, needs to be on the left as he hays no right foot, a poor mans JET.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I agree with you. I suspect that Codger isn't quite upto the rigours of the Championship just yet  but......I am prepared to see how he acclimates to English football and to be patient. 

The Chelsea legend Didier Droga was very average during his first PL season but look what he became. Hopefully Codger will make a similar step up,

Too true, Thierry Henry did nothing at Arsenal initially until they converted him from a winger. The rest is history...

We should not give up on JK - no way...

48 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

How's a one footed player (right) supposed to cut in and score, needs to be on the left as he hays no right foot, a poor mans JET.

Are you telling me that a right footed player who is playing on the right can only score by cutting inside?

No such thing as striking a ball across the keeper then obviously. 

To me, JK has been over-played this season. Last few weeks he has not looked right, caught offside far too often, and unwilling to pass to team-mates at the right time. It's his fir

st season at this level, he has impressed, but with limited options, and a manager unwilling to use the full squad, he's just had too much to do. Hopefully, that will change tomorrow, although at current rate, might be Plan N!

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Codger would be a real handful playing off a decent,experienced target man.JP knows this so am living in hope!!.....

Codger could form a partnership with pretty much any other forward. The "problem" with a target man is that it gives the likes of Flint an easy option to hoof it long - and we all know what a very low percentage that particular option is.

Codjer isn't a lone front striker. Wilbs brought more to the table in his short time than Codjer did all game. That's class. And that's what we lack in front of goal. Let's be fair, Agard missed a sitter at the end, free header, to nod in the winner. Codjer, first half, had a header from two yards but put it over. What is killing us is a finisher. One up front is pants. Take the game to the opposition, he'll, there ain't many below us, go for it. 

On 30/01/2016 at 18:04, Thatwasclose said:

Wilbs is too old and can't do it anymore bar cameo's... Clearly we are waiting(and waiting)for the 'proven that can do it facing play,and will see even more goals from Jonathan when/if he arrives.you may have to wait for next season though!!

Archived