IGNORED

What a difference a month makes

BigAl&Toby

I've heard plenty of pundits say that any decent coach can set up a team to play tight and keep out goals. 

What is much harder is to do that at the same time as being an effective attacking force. Goals still aren't coming so for me the jury is out as to whether the new approach will deliver the wins we need to survive.

Once the Charlton and mkd games have gone, if we fall short in them it will pretty much be too late to change tack and bring in a new manager.

We will know within a few weeks whether the board really have ****ed it up.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Sorry mate...total bollox...you seriously think we could get anyone...regardless of wages?

Drives me mad this type of mentality...absolutely clueless...sorry if that sounds offensive, but I feel sorry for our Club when some of it's fans think it's that simple.

Until we start paying championship wages we are going no-where, I understand the need for corp imput from new facilities etc, etc but unless we invest in the playing staff in the next day or so we will have no need for The New Williams next season.

You have your opinions I have mine.....absolutely clueless....is your opinion on mine, that must mean yours are correct then :flowers:

As much as I do think we have improved marginally, we did get the same amount of points with Cotterill for those 3 games.

Having O'Donnell in goal will help though. But we won't stay up doing what we do currently. Just hope Tomlin continues the way he played yesterday and we get a decent poacher upfront. A old head in central midfield to replace Pack too...

11 hours ago, spudski said:

True...but it is what it is...you can only react to the circumstances we have right now...not what we should have done...it's been done to death how we bollocked up in the summer.

Right now, we are in the relegation zone with a limited amount of time to recruit.

You can only deal with the present...not the past.

The old business adage 'fail to plan, plan to fail' applies. 

Would have been great to have Gayle et al and would probably be challenging for the play-offs with a decent finisher (so Cotts was right to a degree). However, unaffordable with FFP so we move to Plan B. But no Plan B and, 9 months on, still no Plan B. 

The lack of natural finishers have put paid to Cotts and will, I expect, see off Pembs. 

And no, we're not 'massive', but we should be competing mid table Championship not top end League 1. If you take a very modest view of relatively local 'same resource' rivals - Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea - they can do it, why can't we?

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Until we start paying championship wages we are going no-where, I understand the need for corp imput from new facilities etc, etc but unless we invest in the playing staff in the next day or so we will have no need for The New Williams next season.

You have your opinions I have mine.....absolutely clueless....is your opinion on mine, that must mean yours are correct then :flowers:

I understand your frustration Old Boy...but it really isn't as simple as that. We do pay good wages...the likes of Gayle and Gray didn't come to us because we offered poor wages...it was footballing decisions that made their mind up. All the stuff SC was spouting regarding not able to compete, was by and large bunkum. Yes, we can't compete with those teams who have parachute payments...but we are not poor by any means. FFP has to be taken into account...plus I think we've learnt a lesson when it comes to add on's and Agents fees and the like. The Calibre of player you wish for is not going to come to BCFC...unless on loan. Maybe in the future...but not right now.

The 'situation' was different back in the summer...we can only deal with the situation we are in now. What you wish for isn't going to happen...and it's not down to just high wages. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If we could take 1w, 1d, 1l for the remainder of the season, we'd get (including today because it makes the maths easier) 24 points from 18 games, and a total of 48 points.  That could well be enough.  That is low middle table form.  I think that is achievable.  Need to make sure that we don't lose to the sides around us.  Wins against those would feel like extra points though.

We also have a bit of depth to change games.

Those results would ultimately depend on who they were against. If we had that form but lost to all the teams around us it probably wouldn't be enough

Archived