IGNORED

Bristol Boys

frenchred

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My point was taking issue with someone saying he's proven he can cut it at this level, earlier in the thread. Have a read. 

I know, I was being sarcastic, and I agree with you, he is a rough diamond, not sure he will cut it, but he is that sort of player that it can come together, would hate not to have him here if it does, in the meantime he does have some worth in the squad I believe.

21 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Well he's proved the opposite in the ones below. He can run quite fast. That's it. He has no first touch. He can't control the ball. What's worse is that he knows it and therefore will head a crossfield pass that he should be bringing down and running with. It's a genuine one trick situation. If he can knock it past the fullback and have a little race he might get a cross in, but most fullbacks in this league won't let this happen more than once.

I remember Scott Murray being the same when he first joined! You don't just wake up at having played a handful of first team games at this level and all of sudden your ronaldo ( who also got stick when he first joined United ) it's a learning curve!

Reid is a tidy player but lightweight. Needs to beef up to be a serious players in the Championship. Burns is Junior Bent reincarnated. Neither of them good enough to be a first team player, all pace but nothing else.

Bryan - injured currently is the best by far. Two footed with decent pace. Getting better almost every game since he beefed up over last summer.

10 minutes ago, Chappers said:

It's threads like this that just make me despair! Let's just slag off our inexperienced players rather than accept that they are still learning and will have bad days.

If you can't control the ball at this age , no ones gonna teach you how.

Agree with the whole post completely.
Never have rated Burns even when he has had the odd 1/2 good game, very very over rated by some on here. shocking.
As poster said why was Gladwin not even played?! Reid did ok just not enough at this level.

Golbourne - always was a good player.

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Just not good enough for this level!

Wes Burns - My god was that his true colours today? Had an absolute mare probably one of the worst performances ever! Never should he play for us, at this level again.

Bobby Reid - Just not good enough at this level, there is a reason he has not been selected by previous managers and today he showed why

Joe Bryan - Still got me doubts

Scott Goulbourne - Just for balance, my god he looked good!

If they aint good enough, get rid and certainly the first 2 should be gone

Agree on all the above, absolutely shocking!!

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

It's threads like this that just make me despair! Let's just slag off our inexperienced players rather than accept that they are still learning and will have bad days.

Decent players can play at a young age, Reid has potential but is too lightweight, Burn's I'm afraid just doesn't make the grade!

Burns was our biggest attacking threat against boro and west brom! 

How can people be slagging him off after a poor 20 minute appearence to the point where its suggested he should never play for us again? 

most of our fans on various other social media sites I've looked on have been able to distinguish the difference between being a shocking player and a shocking twenty minutes so why can this forum never do the same? This season he's had two bad games, the rest he's looked a threat. 

Reid being too lightweight isn't the problem, he gives the ball away through mis placed passes too much, I think a move to a league one club where he's guarenteed game time will seriously help his career, being the oldest out of our own lads.

bryan and goldbourne offer different styles on the left and we know what we'll get with golebourne, solid, no nonsense with the occasional overlap and attacking run, what we need at this level. Joe bryan however has the potential to be exceptional because we've seen him play like it before, just needs to make that last step up and he will be moving onto bigger and better things than our club. 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Reid is frustrating.  He's obviously light weight but has real quality and in today's game put in several dangerous balls into the box.  Trouble is he also has several lapses per game. He needs to cut these out.

Every player had the odd lapse, but I thought Bob looked consistently useful.  Always able to burst an attack through into their box  I'd have taken the fading Freeman off rather than him.

BTW did you notice how - as one of the shortest ads in the ground! - Bob managed to win a number of headers? !

Amazing how people can turn on Burns off the back of a poor 25min display today. He doesn't have to be 'the answer' as such but he has a part to play. We lack pace in the squad and he has it in abundance. Usually he's effective off the bench but today was a bad day, some on here are over reacting regarding him. Maybe it's because he's not an actual Bristol boy like our Bobby!?

As for Bobby Reid though....very average today. He seems busy but I'm not sure what he offers. People keep stating he's creative....apart from the odd good cross he doesn't create much. I'm surprised that some good posters on here seem to think so highly of him. I want him to do well but to me it seems like people see what they want to see. I've not seen anything as yet to suggest he has a future at this level.

Archived